Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prometheus *SPOILERS FROM POST 1538*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

After listening to that audio clip I'm nearly sure that this won't be rated PG.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

jesus!, definetely not gonna be PG...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

As I thought the 2 bits I'd zeroed in on from the international trailer etc definitely say 'cut it out, cut it out' and 'it's in my throat, in my throat'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

As I thought the 2 bits I'd zeroed in on from the international trailer etc definitely say 'cut it out, cut it out' and 'it's in my throat, in my throat'.

Sounds closer to "It's in my suit". Would imagine it would be hard to talk if it was in his throat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Sounds closer to "It's in my suit". Would imagine it would be hard to talk if it was in his throat.

Its sounds very much like he's finding it difficult to speak. And he definitely says 'throat'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I think it's suit, it makes more sense since
    one of the trailers showed the eel thing slide into the suit
    rather than it being in his throat. He'd have more trouble breathing and gagging than he would talking if something was in his throat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Lindelof's got a sense of humour about the trailers anyway:
    hMazl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Forget it. The source is some user on the IMDb boards. Nothing but trolls in there.

Even if it is genuine, it's probably just a placeholder until the MPAA announce the actual rating, which should be soon, probably Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Big enough SPOILERS below

http://www.prometheusforum.net/discussion/825/advance-prometheus-screening-reaction-spoilers#Item_126

From the sounds of things, it can only be R at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

ArthurG wrote: »

Listings in the paper for Santry (I think) have it at 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

ah here, it's not on for another 3 weeks (and a few more days) and the ad/trailer has been on the telly (e4 i think, not really paying attention) 4 times in the last hour, i'll be sick of it in no time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Big enough SPOILERS below

http://www.prometheusforum.net/discussion/825/advance-prometheus-screening-reaction-spoilers#Item_126

From the sounds of things, it can only be R at this stage.

I just read that (MASSIVE SPOILERS BTW) and there is no way that this will be anything other then an R/18's rated movie.

The reviewer that saw it actually said
    they would have given it 5 out of 5 but they went for 4 because it is OTT gory for the sake of it as the aliens totally butcher the humans

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Collider claim they have confirmed the R rating with Fox:
    Update: Steve here. 20th Century Fox has confirmed Prometheus will be rated R for “sci-fi violence including some intense images, and brief language.” Our original story after the jump.

http://collider.com/prometheus-rating-rated-r/164532/

Good news

I'll celebrate when I see something official, but yeah great new if true. And a quite a risk as well it has to be said. When was the last R rated film with a budget this big? If it bombs....

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

I'll celebrate when I see something official, but yeah great new if true. And a quite a risk as well it has to be said. When was the last R rated film with a budget this big? If it bombs....

... boom goes the dynamite.

Yeah, wouldn't be good for any future potential R ratings alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

The Matrix sequels (I think) were probably the last big budget R movies. The Matrix Reloaded did well with $742mil but Revolutions only did a little over half that, presumably cos of the bad taste left over from Reloaded.

Inception (albeit it was PG13) though showed the appetite is still there for big budget smart sci-fi.

I reckon f you factor in the 3D ticket sales plus early good word of mouth (assuming it turns out to be any good), Prometheus should be able to break $500mil globally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭KilOit

Vokes wrote: »
    The Matrix sequels (I think) were probably the last big budget R movies. The Matrix Reloaded did well with $742mil but Revolutions only did a little over half that, presumably cos of the bad taste left over from Reloaded.

Inception (albeit it was PG13) though showed the appetite is still there for big budget smart sci-fi.

I reckon f you factor in the 3D ticket sales plus early good word of mouth (assuming it turns out to be any good), Prometheus should be able to break $500mil globally.

It got a record high in pre sale tickets in IMAX London ahead of Avatar and The Dark Knight

http://www.prometheusnews.net/movie/breaks-imax-uk-pre-sales-record/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

When can we expect to preorder them over here, any ideas?

Thanks!

I've bought mine at Vue already

There's a lot of (unsubstantiated) speculation that the film may have accidentally received an R rating. In other words, they were aiming for PG-13, but the MPAA still slapped an R on it

Apparently there's quite a bit of evidence to suggest this happened with Kingdom of Heaven, which everyone originally believed was going to be PG-13, like King Arthur, but ended up R. And then Scott restored loads of violence and splashes of blood for the director's cut.

If true I find this absolutely bizarre. Why wouldn't they just go back and put the violence and gore back in?

I don't want to believe it, but in light of Rothman's earlier comments, it would make a lot of sense. I definitely think it's possible that the studio pressurised Scott to deliver the tamest version of the film he could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

From the spoilers I've been reading and from what I've seen in the trailers, I can only say how in god's name were they aiming for PG13? The more I hear and see, there was no way this film could be anything but R.

Scott was/is deluded if he thought he'd get a PG13 rating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Seen the 3D trailer for this last night. It look really good. Not a annoying final desination where token object fly at the screen but peoper depth of field. The scenes in the tunnels looks good. It helps that screen here turn up the brightness and don't suffer as much from darkness.
    I'm not undecided which to go to, i usually don't like 3D but this might have swung me. Prob not.

I was trying to avoid any more trailers, but once it started I was glued to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I will never forget when the original Alien film came out in 79' I went with my dad to see it in the Savoy-O'Connell St Dublin, I obviously knew that it was a Sci Fi Film, and I was prepared for a Star Trek kinda flying saucer type of thing, but I can tell you the impact that Alien made on me was massive, it was scary, really scary, 'poor John Hurt' too. Had me on the the edge of my seat, wow what a groundbreaking film it was (back then)!

Looking forward to Prometheus, guess I won't be too shocked this time :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

It's going to be rated 15 in the UK (so I assume that will be the same here?)

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33910

Vue are taking bookings for a midnight screening on the 31st. Very tempting.

http://www.myvue.com/latest-movies/info/film/prometheus-3d-i

And so is Cineworld:

http://www.cineworld.ie/cinemas/75?film=5234

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Vue are taking bookings for a midnight screening on the 31st. Very tempting.

http://www.myvue.com/latest-movies/info/film/prometheus-3d-i

You'd be mad not to!

I would but it's 3D only.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Nearly booked a ticket there 'til I realised it was 3D.

Tempted - heart midnight screenings - but think I can wait a few hours ;)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ah right, screw that in fairness. Is this the end of 2D midnight screenings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I will go for 3D for this since it was shot that way, but will no doubt check out the 2D one as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is this shot in 3d, or mostly post-production 3d? If it's shot in it I wouldn't let that put me off too much, there's a massive difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

EnterNow wrote: »
    Is this shot in 3d, or mostly post-production 3d? If it's shot in it I wouldn't let that put me off too much, there's a massive difference

shot in mostly 3D with some post production afaik, I didnt realise it was 3D at all until recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

EnterNow wrote: »
    Shot in 3D afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Saw this trailer before the Avengers over the weekend?

Are we sure this 18's?

I just wont be able to deal with young teens or kids at this, my cinema experience is being ****ing epicly ruined last few times I'v gone by kids : /

TheDoc wrote: »
    Saw this trailer before the Avengers over the weekend?

Are we sure this 18's?

I just wont be able to deal with young teens or kids at this, my cinema experience is being ****ing epicly ruined last few times I'v gone by kids : /

An R rating usually translates to 15A/16 over here I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

f9oxvm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

The UK has gone with 15.

The IFCO dont even have it on their upcoming releases yet :rolleyes: I'm holding out for a 16. 15A is stupid and pointless.

• Advertisement

Here's what the BBFC had to say:
    Contains strong violence, gore, threat and horror

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/CFF286710/

Now that's more like it. :D

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

prometheus12ht.jpg

prometheus9.jpg

Dat ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kitty9

prometheus12ht.jpg

prometheus9.jpg

Dat ass

what a beautiful bottom :D

id do unspeakable things to it.

UNSPEAKABLE I TELL YOU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭klose

Here's what the BBFC had to say:

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/CFF286710/

Now that's more like it. :D

What warrents an 18s cert these days?

For the most part: graphic sexuality and sadistic or "harmful" depictions of violence. Dragon Tattoo got an 18 for the rape and torture scenes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Damon Lindelof's involvement doesn't inspire any confidence.

I think I'll try to avoid any more marketing.

Yes, Charlize is rather lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

Charlize Theron... there are simply no words to describe how hot that woman is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Tickets booked for 3d in blanchards town.. Have never been to see a film in 3d before.. can't wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

A clever ploy it seems it that (unlike cabin in the woods) the trailer
    is providing the wonderful world of disinformation.

Which has also ran into certain issues of empire.

;)

Anyhoo... regarding the cert; the R will probably be a 16 here. Methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Charlize Theron... there are simply no words to describe how hot that woman is.

Noomi for me, mmm, the Henna hair and those cheeky eyes.. [goes all quiet and dreamy]

Advertisement