Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prometheus *SPOILERS FROM POST 1538*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Anonymous User

Still havent seen it but from what ive read about the place unanswered/more questions where asked in this film but didnt the original alien have alot of unanswered questions and questions asked?

The kind of questions you have after watching Alien: who is the Space Jockey?

The kind of questions you have after watching Prometheus: why does Vickers stupidly run straight under a rolling spaceship instead of away from it? why does the biologist stupidly want to touch a strange looking hissing snake?

I hope you see what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Still havent seen it but from what ive read about the place unanswered/more questions where asked in this film but didnt the original alien have alot of unanswered questions and questions asked?

it handled them a lot better though, who or what the space jockey was and what the aliens were is one of cinemas coolest mysteries, Prometheus asks new questions and makes a balls of most of them

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,405 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Merch wrote: »
    How does alien 3 mess with the continuity? Prometheus just screws with it, even if it precedes all three films (Alien/s/3)
    And as for why Ripley was **** scared of it, well, I agree its a scary monster, personally I more dislike the facehugger, but I did happen to flick around late the other night and realised Aliens was on, damn it was nearly over, I switched on at the point Ripley had just met the queen, but she was toting that cool Automatic/grenade launcher/flame thrower and was blowing away the xenos, now if there was more than a squad of soldiers (like say a complete unit like a battalion) armed with those i think the Xenos dont look so fearsome, assuming you can wipe at all the eggs otherwise it could all start again!

You're right a batallion of soldiers would dispatch the Queen pretty easily, as I have no doubt would the squad in aliens. The marines in Aliens would have destroyed the xenos pretty handily in an open battle, unless there was enough xenos to overwhelm them. Xenos are no match for projectile weaponry at all, which is probably why the films never offer up a situation where defending against them is that straight forward ;)

As for the continuity of Alien 3, Ripley never got impregnated in the first two films, it simply didn't happen, yet she has a queen in her by the end of Alien 3. I read the Alien 3 graphic novel back in the day, and that showed the chest burster crawling out of newt once she died and crawling into ripley's mouth, which would be fine, but Newt was never impregnated either. Ripley kills the facehugger just as its about to pounce on her, and besides they never bothered even showing the chestburster switching hosts in Alien 3 iirc .

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,405 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »

you're dead right!

I liked the soundtrack for this though, seemed they tried to go for a tone of an exploration movie (the score reminded me of some of the stuff in Star Trek), aiming for a sense of wonder rather than dread.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You're right a batallion of soldiers would dispatch the Queen pretty easily, as I have no doubt would the squad in aliens. The marines in Aliens would have destroyed the xenos pretty handily in an open battle, unless there was enough xenos to overwhelm them. Xenos are no match for projectile weaponry at all, which is probably why the films never offer up a situation where defending against them is that straight forward ;)

They would not have to land actually, they could have just nuked the entire planet from the space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

The kind of questions you have after watching Alien: who is the Space Jockey?

The kind of questions you have after watching Prometheus: why does Vickers stupidly run straight under a rolling spaceship instead of away from it? why does the biologist stupidly want to touch a strange looking hissing snake?

I hope you see what I mean.

What was she even doing out there? Bar not wanting to miss out. Just no explanation of her character's motivation at all. And her father was nearly as thinly drawn. The writing was just depressing in places.

They would not have to land actually, they could have just nuked the entire planet from the space.

It's the only way to be sure.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    you're dead right!

I liked the soundtrack for this though, seemed they tried to go for a tone of an exploration movie (the score reminded me of some of the stuff in Star Trek), aiming for a sense of wonder rather than dread.

indeed, the main themes for Alien and Aliens fit the mood perfectly, Aliens is military sounding, scary, and then soothing for the opening shots of the pod drifting through space. the theme for Alien is brilliant, its so eerie and..well, alien. Goldsmith had a great knack for making music that was off kilter but suited the visuals perfectly.

here are all the opening themes for the previous movies, I love them all tbh, Alien 3's score is an underrated masterpice.

^ that note at 1.37 is beyond creepy, incredible piece of music.

^love the crescendo as the titles would appear on screen and white out

^ great opening sequence, great music.

so in those three musical themes you have something eerie, alien and threatening, something thats just all tension and buildup, and then something apocalyptic. which is exactly the tone of the three movies. Prometheus has this heroic Stark Trek esque theme that I didnt think suited it at all. Its a nice track but its like its from another movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

fitz0 wrote: »
    A question that lingers with me (it might seem like a small one) but if you spend a trillion dollars on this expedition and you get the best (presumably) crew together for it, why wouldn't you introduce them before sending them across the galaxy?

Seems a bit moronic imo.

It's because Weylund wanted them 'disorganised' so he could make his appearance and do his thing his way. That's what I think, because if they had of met as a group before-hand they might have been a bit more cohesive as regards decision making.
    Intentionally hiring, impulsive and childish people would sort of fit in with that. Did you see what one of them did to the poor space jockeys head? ''I can make it 'come alive'! look!'' For no educational or scientific purpose what-so ever. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

It's because Weylund wanted them 'disorganised' so he could make his appearance and do his thing his way. That's what I think, because if they had of met as a group before-hand they might have been a bit more cohesive as regards decision making.

More cohesive, as in they would want to work together and share information ensuring the smooth running of an operation. It makes entirely no sense even if the above is true. Why send them at all, why not just make it a smaller crew? Less expense, more efficiency, a clearer mission.

Another thing has been bugging me though. The Engineers 'invited' humanity to come see them when they could. They weren't so keen on this 2000 years ago when humanity killed the space-Jesus. But the Engineers on the planet died around this time. My question is; why did the Engineers invite humanity to a military facility?

The Engineers died fairly sharpish after they had decided to wipe us out and we are presented with no indication that the planet was anything other than a staging ground for their WMD slime. Is there a reason I'm missing that the Engineers wanted their first meeting with humanity to happen in their equivalent of a nuclear missile silo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

What's the 3D like for this film?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

fitz0 wrote: »
    More cohesive, as in they would want to work together and share information ensuring the smooth running of an operation. It makes entirely no sense even if the above is true. Why send them at all, why not just make it a smaller crew? Less expense, more efficiency, a clearer mission.
    I don't know. Weylund wanted to be able to communicate directly with them without anyone else getting ideas about how things should be done. That's the only clarity in mission he wanted apart from good guys to fly the ship.
    Maybe the present board-members on the company hired the extra goons for a bit of mild-science but still let old frozen Weylund do his thing.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Excellent and DEEP analysis of the themes of Prometheus. *MASSIVE SPOILERS* /via @vwdewaal http://t.co/QwaTgHD1 -- Scott Hanselman (@shanselman)

Very interesting.

Sorry if posted already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

If our DNA and the alien's DNA are an exact match then why are they so much Stronger, Taller and psychically better than us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

What's the 3D like for this film?

Doesn't really add anything, I wouldn't bother seeing it in 3D to be honest.

Some thoughts I've had, after seeing Promotheus this evening:
    1. Why did the main character trust David after he had set off a series of events that lead to the death of her boyfriend, and led to her being impregnated by an alien? Why should she trust him when he says he can take her to the Engineer's home planet after he did all that to her?

2. Why didn't anything burst out of the biologist's chest after the slimy snake thingy jumped into his suit and went down his throat (and presumably laid a proto-chestburster in his chest)?

3. Why does Charlize Theron have a medical machine in her suite that is only for men? Seems like if you are going to spend a trillion dollars on a mission like this and you wanted to make sure you protected your investment, you wouldn't have overlooked something like this. You would have ensured that the board member on the ship (who's also next in line for the Weyland empire) would have a medical machine that would actually work on women.

EDIT: sorry if some of these questions have already been addressed but I've been purposefully not reading this thread until now for fear of spoiling it for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

If our DNA and the alien's DNA are an exact match then why are they so much Stronger, Taller and psychically better than us?

I can only imagine they used the 100% DNA match stat to hammer home to the audience that they created us regardless of how much sense it makes .
    3. Why does Charlize Theron have a medical machine in her suite that is only for men? Seems like if you are going to spend a trillion dollars on a mission like this and you wanted to make sure you protected your investment, you wouldn't have overlooked something like this. You would have ensured that the board member on the ship (who's also next in line for the Weyland empire) would have a medical machine that would actually work on women.

It's not for her, you have seen this film right ?????

It's not for her, you have seen this film right ?????
    Put its a slightly different way. Why couldn't the fancy future surgeon contain the details for both Male and Female operations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

krudler wrote: »
    indeed, the main themes for Alien and Aliens fit the mood perfectly, Aliens is military sounding, scary, and then soothing for the opening shots of the pod drifting through space. the theme for Alien is brilliant, its so eerie and..well, alien. Goldsmith had a great knack for making music that was off kilter but suited the visuals perfectly.

here are all the opening themes for the previous movies, I love them all tbh, Alien 3's score is an underrated masterpice.

SKWgepGEZU8&feature=related
    ^ that note at 1.37 is beyond creepy, incredible piece of music.
    BK9cPymRVbs

^love the crescendo as the titles would appear on screen and white out

w1bd9L5Tw7k&feature=related

^ great opening sequence, great music.

so in those three musical themes you have something eerie, alien and threatening, something thats just all tension and buildup, and then something apocalyptic. which is exactly the tone of the three movies. Prometheus has this heroic Stark Trek esque theme that I didnt think suited it at all. Its a nice track but its like its from another movie.

I think you will find this is the Theme from Alien and it also made a guest appearance in Prometheus, the one you showed was the music that played on LV426

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Doesn't really add anything, I wouldn't bother seeing it in 3D to be honest.

Some thoughts I've had, after seeing Promotheus this evening:
    1. Why did the main character trust David after he had set off a series of events that lead to the death of her boyfriend, and led to her being impregnated by an alien? Why should she trust him when he says he can take her to the Engineer's home planet after he did all that to her?

2. Why didn't anything burst out of the biologist's chest after the slimy snake thingy jumped into his suit and went down his throat (and presumably laid a proto-chestburster in his chest)?

EDIT: sorry if some of these questions have already been addressed but I've been purposefully not reading this thread until now for fear of spoiling it for myself.

1. Presumably he was free to follow his own choices since he no longer under the old mans orders so there's no reason to believe he would lie when saying he could pilot the ship to their home world, especially since he warned her about the Engineer that went after her. Also she had nowhere else to go so had no other option but to trust him.

2. It wasn't trying to 'impregnate' him, just kill him.

3. It was for the old man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭p_o_s_t_y

Found this on a website,looks like a good interpretation of Prometheus
    http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html

p_o_s_t_y wrote: »
    Found this on a website,looks like a good interpretation of Prometheus
    http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html

It's been posted in this thread about a dozen or so times at this stage.

not that you were to know this of course .

I can only imagine they used the 100% DNA match stat to hammer home to the audience that they created us regardless of how much sense it makes .

That is just lazy (or dumb) script writing. Our DNA doesn't even match 100% that of our parents.

I think you will find this is the Theme from Alien and it also made a guest appearance in Prometheus, the one you showed was the music that played on LV426

That isnt the version that plays over the opening credits though, the one I posted does, I cant remember if its the 2003 edition or the original or both, I'll have to check it later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Anyone pick up the art book? Mine arrived today. Its rather nice and one of the better releases of late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

can anyone remember a film that has provoked this much discussion and debate? i dont think i can. i also cant think of a movie that has divided opinion as much either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

It's been posted in this thread about a dozen or so times at this stage.

not that you were to know this of course .

I hadn't seen it before actually.
    Interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Finally seen it, tis a good enough flick, expected more as was the vibe around here. Left confused and asking why is there so much stupid ****e in it and stuff that dosent add up!

-The crew is ridiculous was happy the bilogist dies, what an idiot!
    -How is the engineers dna the same as ours when we're clearly not the same?
    -The exploding head scene was gas and green insides? Cliche enough.
    -The black liquid/goo. Assuming thats what the engineer drinks at the start and ultimately disintigrates him why does it react differently? It dissintigrates him, makes the geoligist ultra strong and go full retard and turns a tiny worm into a giant very strong snake thing? And then when someone has sex after consuming it they impregnate the women with an alien? Fair enough, quite the weapon they engineered!
    -Whats the deal with the snake worm thing? Is it a form of facehugger/impregnation thing too? It has acid for blood so one would assume its somewhat connected to the the alien family tree
    -What killed the engineers?
    -Why did it conviniently pile them in a corner
    -Why is there just one engineer left? Did he sleep through the genocide, did he cause it? Was he gonna be in hyper sleep for an eternity?
    -Whats the deal with the suits? The engineers in the hologram are wearing the full one yet when he sits in the chair it just seems to form around him and not really a suit.
    -Where the hell did the other vehicle go when they were running away from the storm???
    -Why does shaw wake up not giving a thundering fcuk that just a while ago she saw her boyfriend go crazy/physically change in front of her and ultimately get set alight and die in the most horrible pain imaginable?
    -What did david say to the engineer?
    -Whats the engineers beef with everybody?
    -Why does the mdical pod only cater for males and is in vickers room? Whats the point in it only catering for males if its so easliy bypassed by just using the touch screen menu?
    -Why are the 3 pilots so ****ing happy that they're gonna be dead in a few seconds in a horrible painful death yet still harp on about there stupid bet?
    -Why is vickers an idiot for not running away from the ship instead of with it in a race that she was never gonna win?
    -How does david know theres other ships and where they are?
    -Why in gods name is shaw going to the engineers home planet after seeing what happened there? Because she wants to know why they changed their mind? Ok, fair enough, but you're probably gonna die but whatever.

Thats all my niggling questions and observations, havent read the thread really since release so no doubt im just repeating :D Of course its set up for a sequal and maybe a trilogy, does it zone in on shaw or the xeno that came from the engineer?
    Anyways as an alien fan it was good to see where the whole facehugger/xeno thing started, it'll be interesting to see how he evolves them in future films, if he does.
    Fassbender was brilliant, repeaces accent was gas but she did a good job too I felt.

I was reading this post in the way this guy talks in this video, not that they're in anyway related :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Michael Fassbender in Prometheus:
    kVodv.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Best quotes:
    She’s proving she’s well hard by showing us that all she has to do to recover from two years in suspended animation is some push ups in her wet bra and wet knickers. Everyone else wakes up and is a bit groggy, or throws up. The pussies.
    But we already know they’ve taken two years to get here. And the nearest star to Earth (ok, second nearest) is Proxima Centauri, at 4.2 light years away. So either he’s talking complete bollocks, in which case you’d think the navigator (if they had one) would correct him (if he could bring himself to be interested) or to get here they had to travel at several times the speed of light, and therefore have broken a fundamental Universal constant. If it was the first explanation then it would be plainly visible (even though there’s no such thing) and if it was the second then A) How did they find it themselves? And B) Isn’t the ability to travel faster than the speed of light the real story here?
    Anyway. He then he tells them that the ‘galactic configuration’ has a sun. Aren’t galaxies largely composed of suns? It doesn’t matter. At this point even some of the cast are yawning.
    ...More things happen, and when they get back to the SBS Noomi is three months pregnant and Dr. Holloway’s red-eye is so bad that Charlize Theron has to kill him with a flame-thrower.
    After an extended sequence of events we shall classify as ‘**** happening’, everyone dies except for Noomi and Fassbender.
    Noomi and Fassbender, (who is by now just a head, because that’s just what happens to robots in Alien movies),.
    Nobody is left to ask why. Nobody is left to care. They wouldn’t have done anyway.

-Why is there just one engineer left? Did he sleep through the genocide, did he cause it? Was he gonna be in hyper sleep for an eternity?

Actually. That, particularly the bolded bit, is a good question. Maybe this one engineer was just a psychotic dickhead that created the Alien type creatures and killed all his compatriates and hated humans.

It s completey random, but makes more sense than any other explanation!

Classic:
    Fassbender goes to the bridge, and fires up the computers to see what’s going on. Colourful displays shimmer into being – motion sensitive read-outs unfold and hover in front of him, their only goal in life is to provide him with information, and look great. Fassbender smiles, perhaps marveling at the possibility that one day in the not so distant future, all this marvellous technology could be replaced by clattery keyboards, blinking LEDs and monochrome cathode ray tubes - almost like something out of a 70s horror movie. . .

Edit:
    and another:
    After hitting the cloud layer the captain asks what the atmosphere is like. Fortunately for everyone on board, the reply isn’t “astoundingly ****ing corrosive.” They could have performed a spectrographic analysis from a safe distance, but whatever. I’m surprised he asked at all. He was probably in a hurry to see if it was snowing, what with it being Christmas and everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

ha. that's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Not to mention blue,, or is blue a racial slur?, It is not my intention to offend any aliens:)

This DNA stuff is really rubbish. Our DNA and our parents' are not even an exact match.

Best quotes:

But we already know they’ve taken two years to get here. And the nearest star to Earth (ok, second nearest) is Proxima Centauri, at 4.2 light years away. So either he’s talking complete bollocks, in which case you’d think the navigator (if they had one) would correct him (if he could bring himself to be interested) or to get here they had to travel at several times the speed of light, and therefore have broken a fundamental Universal constant. If it was the first explanation then it would be plainly visible (even though there’s no such thing) and if it was the second then A) How did they find it themselves? And B) Isn’t the ability to travel faster than the speed of light the real story here?

original.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

This DNA stuff is really rubbish. Our DNA and our parents' are not even an exact match.

Not to mention the fact that Engineer DNA is many thousands of times larger than ours. Even air bubbles can cling to the side of it. (air bubbles which would be many thousands of times bigger than strands of our own DNA).

I think Shaw made a bollocks of it, and in fact tested Engineer DNA, against Engineer DNA by mistake, hence the EXACT match.

She's an archaeologist after all, not a fúcking biologist - she didn't even attempt to confirm the result with a second test, n00b.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

Heading to see it there now in Cork, how is the 3D version of it or would I be better off seeing it in 2D, why I ask is I found the 3D in The Avengers to be a little too dark and am worried this might be the same.
    ?

• Advertisement

Not to mention the fact that Engineer DNA is many thousands of times larger than ours. Even air bubbles can cling to the side of it. (air bubbles which would be many thousands of times bigger than strands of our own DNA).

I think Shaw made a bollocks of it, and in fact tested Engineer DNA, against Engineer DNA by mistake, hence the EXACT match.

She's an archaeologist after all, not a fúcking biologist - she didn't even attempt to confirm the result with a second test, n00b.

lol lab error is the most likely explanation!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Heading to see it there now in Cork, how is the 3D version of it or would I be better off seeing it in 2D, why I ask is I found the 3D in The Avengers to be a little too dark and am worried this might be the same.
    ?

That aspect will be exactly the same as any other current 3D movie - you'll lose around 30% of the brightness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Caught prometheus yesterday, the 2d version as i simply will not pay inflated prices for 3d. I came to this with an open mind but aware of the hype surrounding the 'Alien' franchise and Ridley scotts involvement. Overall it was an average film at best for me. Its nicely shot but theres very little going on in the film. Also there were more than a few holes in it from the point of view of characters, Charleze Theron's character seemed very one dimensional and i felt she was miscast in this role. Guy Pearse's character could quite easily have been played by an older actor and more convincinlgy too. Noomi Rapace isnt a bad actress but i found it diffficult to relate to her. I have also heard people raving about fassbenders performance, it too was just ok. 5 out of 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Not to mention blue,, or is blue a racial slur?, It is not my intention to offend any aliens:)

Blue is only a racial slur on the Avatar planet.

Or smurf-town.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Classic:
    Fassbender goes to the bridge, and fires up the computers to see what’s going on. Colourful displays shimmer into being – motion sensitive read-outs unfold and hover in front of him, their only goal in life is to provide him with information, and look great. Fassbender smiles, perhaps marveling at the possibility that one day in the not so distant future, all this marvellous technology could be replaced by clattery keyboards, blinking LEDs and monochrome cathode ray tubes - almost like something out of a 70s horror movie. . .

Presumably Fassbender, being an Android, doesn't need to even look at the readouts, can he not just connect wirelessly to the ships computer and get the readouts directly to his head. Maybe he's smiling at the idea that those annoying airbreathers are restricted to such indirect means of obtaining information. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

can anyone remember a film that has provoked this much discussion and debate? i dont think i can. i also cant think of a movie that has divided opinion as much either

It hasn't really divided opinion.

From what I can see there are people who were dispointed in it and point out all of the ridiculousness of the movie. Like when you go out with a GREAT looking girl and find out she's as dim as a door and prone to saying stupid and embarrassing things. You can't go out with this chick, despite her great looks!

Then you have others who know this ridiculousness exists, but choose to say "Well, it's Sci-Fi and works with expansive themes". Like those who will go out with the same girls but who will choose to go "Yeah, sure she's stupid. But she's a good cook, is good at darts and.............. DAT ASS!!!!!!"

No division of opinion at all. I haven't seen anybody really defend all the stupidness present in this movie!

I was listening the slashfilm podcast about it and they make a good point, if the xenomorph at the end is the result of the goo being used by david to infect Holloway who then inpregnates Shaw who gives birth (sorta) to the squidhugger then impregnating the engineer. why is there a carving/statue of a being thats clearly a xenomorph in the temple? if they know what the things already are then thats a lot of chance and setup to get to the point where the xenos come from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Funfun image time:

The mural in full size. Notice the queen-like crest on the top and the humanoids+facehuggers in the bottom left and right.

H.R. Giger concept art for Alien. As seen in the Prometheus mural. Guess those humanoids are engineers?

Mural from Prometheus in detail. No idea what's going on there.

The 'xenomorph' at the end of the film is definitely not the first one. It just arrived through a drastically improvised (and bizarre) way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Funfun image time:

The mural in full size. Notice the queen-like crest on the top and the humanoids+facehuggers in the bottom left and right.

H.R. Giger concept art for Alien. As seen in the Prometheus mural. Guess those humanoids are engineers?

Mural from Prometheus in detail. No idea what's going on there.

The 'xenomorph' at the end of the film is definitely not the first one. It just arrived through a drastically improvised (and bizarre) way.

The first image just reminded me of something that struck me while watching the movie, am I the only one who thought it looked like Jesus on the cross?

Possibly a worship kind of thing on the engineers part??

Advertisement