Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOTRO WELCOME BACK WEEK FOR EU PLAYERS

Options
  • 31-07-2009 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

The doors of Middle-earth will be open for former EU players to enter for a week of FREE Welcome Back game play from the 3rd until 10th August, 2009, with +25% bonus experience on mob kills for everyone who logs in and plays.

All you have to do is download or patch up to the most recent version of the game client and log in starting 3rd August. Your account will already have been re-activated for you and your previous characters will be there waiting to resume their adventure!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hows things Lister?
    I just reinstalled lotro but as always the update process is a major pain in the ass.
    Why cant it just auto update like wow.

Anyways i might give this a go over the free week, hops its not like a ghost town like it was during the last free week.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Give me a shout when/if you get in game. Will find me on Blister/Blostor/Handlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Might give it ago again this week as well.

They also offered me 50% off a life time membership... which seems like a very good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

The lifetime deal is great, especially if like me to tend to play the game in bursts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Id be tempted if they offered me 50% off lifetime.
    I would also play the game on and off.
    As usual im a wow whore and wow comes first,LOTRO is a good 2nd for me however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Do many other MMO's offer life time subs? It's one thing that'd attract me to a game. Like Rev Hellfire, I play the game in spurts. I finally managed to get my interwebs working properly again, so I've been able to get back to this. I forgot how much I enjoyed it, despite being rubbish at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Hows things Lister?
    I just reinstalled lotro but as always the update process is a major pain in the ass.

Howdy Cully! It should auto update just like wow so not sure what the problem is.
    They also offered me 50% off a life time membership... which seems like a very good deal.

Didn't hear anyone talking about a new lifetime offer. What does the discount bring the price down to and is it open to others?
    humanji wrote: »
    Do many other MMO's offer life time subs?

I'm not aware of any others that offer a lifetime sub but I could be wrong. It was a major pull to me as I didnt fancy playing subs as I felt I would be under pressure to play knowing that if I didnt it would be money that I'd still be paying anyway.

Advertisement