Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football this weekend, Juy 31 - Aug 2

• 31-07-2009 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Live and competitive...

Premier Division

31 Jul 2009 Cork City 7:45 Bray Wanderers Turner's Cross
    31 Jul 2009 Drogheda United 7:45 Bohemians :cool: United Park
    31 Jul 2009 Galway United 7:45 Sligo Rovers Terryland Park
    2 Aug 2009 St Patrick's Athletic 7:00 Dundalk Richmond Park
    2 Aug 2009 Shamrock Rovers 7:00 Derry City Tallaght Stadium

First Divison

31 Jul 2009 Limerick 7:45 Sporting Fingal Jackman Park
    31 Jul 2009 Monaghan United 8:00 Athlone Town Kingspan Century Park
    31 Jul 2009 Wexford Youths 8:00 Kildare County Ferrycarrig Park
    1 Aug 2009 Mervue United 7:00 Waterford United Terryland Park
    1 Aug 2009 Longford Town 7:30 UCD Flancare Park

Fingers crossed that things go our way in Drogheda. Might be a tough one for the players to keep intensity after Europe and the derby.

Disclaimer: as listed by RTÉ.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

?

That yoke-> :cool:
    you keep putting beside Bohs games

Is that because you would need to be blind not to see the mess the club are in?:confused:

:rolleyes: *for those a bit touchy

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

elshambo wrote: »
    ?

That yoke-> :cool:
    you keep putting beside Bohs games
    Custom and practice.
    Besides, I couldn't find one with binoculars for looking back at Dundalk. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

SectionF wrote: »
    Custom and practice.
    Besides, I couldn't find one with binoculars for looking back at Dundalk. :P
    :o
    School report:

3/10, must try harder!

:P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Technically a bigger six-pointer than last week at Dalymount is the visit of our foreign friends

elshambo wrote: »
    :o
    School report:

3/10, must try harder!

:P
    From my end of the binoculars it's 10/3. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Doh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Thanks to events in the high court today it looks as if Drogs have dropped to the bottom of the table without a ball being kicked (our 3 points against Cork a few weeks ago will get wiped).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Is there no game on in Dublin tonight? Was going to take in an Irish match tonight but doesnt look like ill have the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Is there no game on in Dublin tonight? Was going to take in and Irish match tonight but doesnt look like ill have the chance.

Come to Tallaght on Sunday instead.

Come to Tallaght on Sunday instead.

Yeah I reckon i'll watch pats or rovers on Sunday instead now if im not doing anything else, just was wanting to go watch a game tonight when theres nobody about.

Ah well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Is there no game on in Dublin tonight? Was going to take in an Irish match tonight but doesnt look like ill have the chance.

Shelbourne V Finn Harps in Tolka Park isn't listed above

Quint wrote: »
    Shelbourne V Finn Harps in Tolka Park isn't listed above

tonight?

tonight?

Yep, 8pm at tolka. 15 lids in. There's 12 teams in D1, RTE only have 5 fixtures, hence the disclamer:D
    http://www.shelbournefc.ie/

Quint wrote: »
    Yep, 8pm at tolka. 15 lids in. There's 12 teams in D1, RTE only have 5 fixtures, hence the disclamer:D
    http://www.shelbournefc.ie/

In that case im there.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

We're worse than chuggers here, fighting over new punters. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Drogheda 1-1 Bohs

Rovers 6 points behind (+ goal difference), but still to play on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Nice win for Galway, puts a bit of breathing space for us on the table.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

galwayrush wrote: »
    Nice win for Galway, puts a bit of breathing space for us on the table.:cool:

It was a great performance. Shame that Russell will be suspended for the next match because he is really hitting form right now. Murphs played his best game in a United shirt for a long time and the New Stand finally found its voice. Happy Days!!!!

Also reports are the Birrmingham are planning to bid for Jay.

Dave! wrote: »
    Drogheda 1-1 Bohs

Super result for us. Pressure off on Sunday because a loss now means only a point more behind.

More importantly, we've brought in players in the three positions we were lacking in.

stovelid wrote: »
    Super result for us. Pressure off on Sunday because a loss now means only a point more behind.
    The Drogs fans are fuming after the result, apparently the ref did Bohs a few favours. Also, I hope Shams win the league, I would kill to be in a position like them ATM, financially, performance wise and pretty much every other aspect!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

In that case im there.

Cheers

What did you think in the end? Brought my older cousin along to his first Shels league match tonight aswell, he seems into it, so hopefully a new Shels fan in the makings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Foxx92 wrote: »
    Also, I hope Shams win the league, I would kill to be in a position like them ATM, financially, performance wise and pretty much every other aspect!

Jesus can you imagine those self loving hooligans winning the league :eek: they would be running around europe telling everyone how to run a club. Jesus Cmon Bohs!!!!!!

Would rather they win the league then the new "we never did anything wrong it was the herald and bigger boys made us do it " Rovers win a ****ing free kick.

Yeah I'd also prefer to see Bohs win it, mainly for Madden, but also because I'd be more worried about Rovers becoming much stronger than anything we've had in the league for a while.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Jesus can you imagine those self loving hooligans winning the league :eek: they would be running around europe telling everyone how to run a club. Jesus Cmon Bohs!!!!!!

Would rather they win the league then the new "we never did anything wrong it was the herald and bigger boys made us do it " Rovers win a ****ing free kick.

Give it a rest man. Your Rovers trolling is really old at this stage.

Even the Bohs lads don't obsess about Rovers like you. Even though they are our only Dublin rivals worth worrying about these days.

Even the Bohs lads don't obsess about Rovers like you. Even though they are our only Dublin rivals worth worrying about these days.

Dunno bout that, if we get promoted this year, we'll be in a good position to consolidate next year, and try push on from there. Much in the same way that yous did actually, when you came up.

DSB wrote: »
    What did you think in the end? Brought my older cousin along to his first Shels league match tonight aswell, he seems into it, so hopefully a new Shels fan in the makings.

Well I just love watching football so I was always going to enjoy it. Its only my 2nd Irish game (discounting the games I watched while at UCD) and I know I'll be going again. It's a bit annoying not knowing the players but thats just up to me to make the effort to watch more matches and get into it more. Been to both Bohs and a Shels match now so aim to complete the other dublin teams too at some point this season. I expected Shels to win the match easier just from what I have read but it got a bit tight.

I would say to anyone else who doesnt normally go to the Irish matches just to make the effort once in a while even if you have no vested interest in either of the teams.

Oh, and the fans who I was asking about who was who etc were sound about telling me a bit about the players.

Dunno bout that, if we get promoted this year, we'll be in a good position to consolidate next year, and try push on from there. Much in the same way that yous did actually, when you came up.

Fair enough. I hope Shels come up myself.

Well I just love watching football so I was always going to enjoy it. Its only my 2nd Irish game (discounting the games I watched while at UCD) and I know I'll be going again. It's a bit annoying not knowing the players but thats just up to me to make the effort to watch more matches and get into it more. Been to both Bohs and a Shels match now so aim to complete the other dublin teams too at some point this season. I expected Shels to win the match easier just from what I have read but it got a bit tight.

I would say to anyone else who doesnt normally go to the Irish matches just to make the effort once in a while even if you have no vested interest in either of the teams.

Oh, and the fans who I was asking about who was who etc were sound about telling me a bit about the players.

Reckon you'll end up supporting Shels?

Nah I'd rather the team that spent money it actually had to win the league. Not having a go at Bohs but I just don't like them.

• Advertisement

Wtf how is that trolling? the thoughts of your self pretentious hooligan fans winning a league by default then proclaiming to Europe that you are the best run team in the Multiverse sickens me. The fact we getting you your seeding in whatever competition you end up in Europe sickens me even more.

Whats wrong with that :confused:

Are we to forget the rovers pre this season :confused:

Reckon you'll end up supporting Shels?

Ha.

I really am not sure to be honest mate. I'm not sure I will ever have a team who I really support. I feel like I have an affiliation with UCD (thats just having been to uni there) but its not strong at all. I just appreciate the odd fix of watching a game on a Friday when im not going out.

I intend to watch more of the matches around Dublin and on tv too when they're on.

Fair play! Get a programme and bring a pen with you next time. You can fill in the starting 11, and you'll know who's who.
    Nice goal from Brollie the Finn Harps player tonight! Also a terrible display in finishing by Shels. But a good game to watch all the same. Got a bit nervy near the end

Wtf how is that trolling?

I don't care about any of the other stuff: fair enough. Whatever you think about Rovers, quit with the off-topic hooligan shite.

An away trip to your kip is dangerous enough, but I don't ramble on about it.

I don't care about any of the other stuff: fair enough. Whatever you think about Rovers, quit with the off-topic hooligan shite.

This is true, no Dublin team outside UCD and Fingal (because neither of them actually have any fans) should be slagging the others about hoolies.

Sorry forgot noone allowed talk about that anymore revisionism i think its called, not like any self respecting rovers fan would kick another another self respecting rovers fan in the head whilst celebrating a goal.

but anyway i have some crack cocaine to shoot up.........shame they changed the name .....Gonna Shoot it up for Uefa cup.....just doesnt doesnt work anymore

odd how things can stick but other things cant eh ?

• Advertisement

Sorry forgot noone allowed talk about that anymore revisionism i think its called, not like any self respecting rovers fan would kick another another self respecting rovers fan in the head whilst celebrating a goal.

but anyway i have some crack cocaine to shoot up.........shame they changed the name .....Gonna Shoot it up for Uefa cup.....just doesnt doesnt work anymore

WTF has any of this got to do with this week's fixtures?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

w.................t.............................f

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Congrats to Kildare for their win at Ferrycarrig last night 3 goals in 6 surreal minutes, mostly self inflicted by ourselves but each goal well taken. What a night to either watch or play football. I'm still trying to dry out
    On to the next............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

oldyouth wrote: »
    Congrats to Kildare for their win at Ferrycarrig last night 3 goals in 6 surreal minutes, mostly self inflicted by ourselves but each goal well taken. What a night to either watch or play football. I'm still trying to dry out
    On to the next............

And I was going to go down to it...

County have been getting better since the end of May when Joey Sommerville had the chance to work with the players and bring a few new faces in. Am only starting supporting county since last season as they are the closest LOI team to me but have seen a great improvement in the last few games.

Still think there is a serious gap to be closed to Mervue, Longford and even Athlone and Harps but there is a chance.

Great win all the same, here's hoping for more.

Fair play to Drogheda last night. Felt a bit guilty leaving the ground, tbh, (though only a little and only for a very short time :P). For a team that is supposed to be makeshift you gave our boys a footballing lesson, in passing, movement, ball retention, and in bloody desire.
    We were steeped with the equaliser. Not sure about our peno shout though -- will have to wait for MSN.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

RustySpoon wrote: »
    And I was going to go down to it...

County have been getting better since the end of May when Joey Sommerville had the chance to work with the players and bring a few new faces in. Am only starting supporting county since last season as they are the closest LOI team to me but have seen a great improvement in the last few games.

Still think there is a serious gap to be closed to Mervue, Longford and even Athlone and Harps but there is a chance.

Great win all the same, here's hoping for more.
    Football, at this level, is 50% organisation and Kildare seem to have sorted that out. Still 13 games to go and Mervue seem to be running out of puff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

SectionF wrote: »
    Fair play to Drogheda last night. Felt a bit guilty leaving the ground, tbh, (though only a little and only for a very short time :P). For a team that is supposed to be makeshift you gave our boys a footballing lesson, in passing, movement, ball retention, and in bloody desire.
    We were steeped with the equaliser. Not sure about our peno shout though -- will have to wait for MSN.

That was really horrible for us. Think we deserved to win the game and how the hell Killian Brennan got motm I'll never know. Our full backs probably both had their best games of the season, they've been our weakest point in the past. I'm sure your aware that Bohs have a nasty habit of scoring late goals against us. A lot of complaints about the ref playing over 3 mins injury time and giving a corner instead of a goal kick at the end but tbh I was so gutted I couldn't even give out to the ref.

fh041205 wrote: »
    how the hell Killian Brennan got motm I'll never know.
    Because everyone else, from Deego to both Murphys, were appalling. At least Killer tried, and had some impact.

Tbh I thought he was pretty bad as well. James Chambers stood out a mile for me. I'm obviously a bit biased but I honestly though he was the best player on the pitch. Think we're lucky to have him. What did you think about the penalty shout. You would have had a good view of it (assuming you were on the away terrace).

Your probably lucky Brian Murphy was bad with the scouts at the game taking a look at him. Means you can hang onto him a bit longer!!!

James Chambers stood out a mile for me. I'm obviously a bit biased but I honestly though he was the best player on the pitch. Think we're lucky to have him.

Don't think you'll have him next season if we come up to the Premier and Keely retires as most expect he would if we go up.

Tbh I thought he was pretty bad as well. James Chambers stood out a mile for me. I'm obviously a bit biased but I honestly though he was the best player on the pitch. Think we're lucky to have him. What did you think about the penalty shout. You would have had a good view of it (assuming you were on the away terrace).

Your probably lucky Brian Murphy was bad with the scouts at the game taking a look at him. Means you can hang onto him a bit longer!!!
    Sorry. I was talking about Brennan as being best of our lot. Chambers indeed was the best player on the pitch, but I thought the whole team effort was superb too. It's great to see a team that everyone has written off play like that, even if it is against one's own. Fair dues to Matthews.

I was in the stand, so didn't see the penalty shout. Some say it was definite, but others who were on the terrace said it was chest, so probably not.

I don't think the ref was too kind to us on time, though: there were quite a few stoppages, and a bit of time-wasting, and he would have been wrong to blow up on a corner. Couldn't believe my eyes when Fenn popped it in though!

Don't think you'll have him next season if we come up to the Premier and Keely retires as most expect he would if we go up.

You reckon he'll be back with ye so? Did he have a disagreement with Keely that lead to him leaving?

You reckon he'll be back with ye so? Did he have a disagreement with Keely that lead to him leaving?

Not as such, think they got on, he just didn't seem to fit in with the Keely way of doing things, although recently he'd have fit right in. But yeah he is Shels through and through so I'd imagine if we were back in the Premier with a manager who wanted him in the side, he'd jump at the chance, back when we were originally relegated he had the chance to join Premier sides and declined to stay with us, and did the same the season after, very loyal lad, as yous said you are very lucky to have him.

Advertisement