Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

zv plate v. original irish reg

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Sids Not wrote: »
    I just couldnt afford an Irish car tbh....for me, its age related plates (takes away the guessing aspect :rolleyes:)...those ZV plates just look wrong on a classic imo....and now with all the digits they're starting to look like the owners PPS number ..:P

What will happen when they get to ZV 99999 ?...will the next one be say ,ZV1 1 .. or will they add yet another number ZV 100000...

BTW..does this Datsun's reg mean that there are at least 36951 ZV registered cars before it not including the age related ones..:confused:

Do you know what show that picture was taken at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

p.s. Have a look at http://www.craigsplates.ie/ and input metal plates, pre 1973 etc....must be a quirk in the system because the cost is zero :D Just ordered a set for €6 :D for the craic. Had to update price to above 0, so put in €0.01 plus €5.99 postage.

How did you get on?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

deckie27 wrote: »
    How did you get on?

No word back so far :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Apologies for resurrecting this thread...

G Luxel wrote: »
    Isnt there any numbers beginning with Z? like ZIM or ZZK?

Z was not used before a code starting with that letter, so as to prevent confusion with ZZ temporary registrations.

Donegal, though, erroneously issued ZZP 1-407 in early 1982...

Galway issued ZIM in early 1970, and reverse ZIM between autumn 1984 and early 1985.

G Luxel wrote: »
    A school bus I travelled on used to have xxx Z.
    Im guessing that that school bus was one of the yellow Bedfords that bus eireann used to run.I went to school on many of them myself.That Z plate is from 1971.

Yep, there were 42 Bedfords registered in this way (647-688 Z).

Blue850 wrote: »
    What about this one....

DSC08473.jpg

35 C 1 and 35 CI are both Austins on Cartell....

Wow! :eek:

So, assuming that it's an import, it's not beyond possibility that it arrived in Ireland as early as 1981 (since Laois commenced reverse CI in April of that year)... :D;)

Blue850 wrote: »
    btw I had an old Fiat once that could have been 6911 Z, 691 IZ or 69 IIZ:D

No records for 6911 Z or 691 IZ on Cartell - but 69 IIZ comes up as being on a Fiat 127.

Was it that one? :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Holy bat thread revival....

Does anyone know what ZV number they are up to in Co Meath?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

why would you do this knowingly?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Does anyone know what ZV number they are up to in Co Meath?

ZV60954 give or take.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

corktina wrote: »
    why would you do this knowingly?

Because he doesn't know how to start a new thread by pressing the "NEW THREAD" blue button on the top left of the Classic Cars section?

Because he thought he'd keep it together with other ZV stuff and acknowledged he was doing it to save a torrent of abuse about not checking the date?

I'm outta ideas now, but the question is answered. So we can all pretend it didn't happen at all. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

macplaxton wrote: »
    Because he thought he'd keep it together with other ZV stuff and acknowledged he was doing it to save a torrent of abuse about not checking the date?

Quite right

Either way there is always a retard who will come out with a statement like corktina, well done Sir on your way to winning at the internet.....
    macplaxton wrote: »
    ZV60954 give or take.

That's very informative, thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

there is always a retard who will come out with a statement like corktina, well done Sir on your way to winning at the internet.....

If you can't keep it civil, please don't post at all.

Old thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement