Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Idol - 9th Season

Options
  • 31-07-2009 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

People reports that American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi will return for the show’s upcoming ninth season. It will be her second year at the judges’ table alongside Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson, and Paula Abdul, who is publicly negotiating her own return to Idol.

Not really too keen on Kara as a judge hope Paula comes back

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Paula Abdul will not be returning to the judges' table for American Idol's ninth season.
    Abdul revealed the stunning news on her Twitter feed: "With sadness in my heart, I've decided not to return to #IDOL. I'll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day 1 become an international phenomenon," she tweeted over two separate messages.
    Fox released an official statement: "Paula has been an important part of AI. We are saddened she decided not to return. She's a tremendous talent and we wish her the best."
    The news comes just days after it was confirmed that fourth judge Kara DioGuardi would be returning in 2010.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Brigantia

i think they had there best season (8), Adam Lambert carried the whole season. i love his version of mad world, and his performance of it on the show was great - (smoky atmosphere, long black coat, he could go for a role in one of the twilight films)
    i think he got a standing ovation at some point.

i read somewhere about Paula being offered to judge one of the reality dancing shows over in the US, i think i read it on Perze Hilton a while back.

but i'll miss her from the show, i really liked her on it, they should have got rid of the other one, although i think its fun the way she calls everybody sweetie :D

Victoria Beckham has signed up to be a guest judge on the new series of American Idol, according to a report.
    The former Spice Girl has been tipped to pocket £150,000 for the two-episode deal, which was allegedly finalised after she was approached by Simon Cowell recently.
    It is believed that Posh was offered a permanent place on the panel, but opted for the smaller role because she is busy with other commitments.
    Rumours of her involvement come following the news that Paula Abdul has quit the talent contest after eight seasons.
    A source told The Mirror: "Victoria is hugely flattered as this is one of the highest profile gigs in America. It really is a big deal. Her husband David may be getting a bit of stick at the moment but Victoria's profile Stateside has never been higher.
    "Network bosses would love to give her the job full-time and it looks like it's there for her if she wants it. But at the moment, Victoria's main priority is fashion. She doesn't really need any distractions."
    Beckham is expected to start filming for the programme before the week is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Brigantia

so why all the other judge's are sitting there with big grin's on there face's, ms beckham will be sitting there with a scrowl on hers, that would be enough to put any contestant off.

i just might have to tune in to see if she laughs or smile's, or if she can laugh or smile, maybe its all the botox!

Katy Perry will also be guest judge

• Advertisement

Emmy Award-winning talk show host Ellen DeGeneres has joined AMERICAN IDOL as a fourth judge. DeGeneres will sit alongside Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi and offer her own unique perspective to the contestants throughout the competition.
    The ninth season of AMERICAN IDOL premieres January 2010 on FOX. DeGeneres will join the judges’ panel after the auditions, which will feature appearances by guest judges Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Kristin Chenoweth, Joe Jonas, Neil Patrick Harris, Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry and Shania Twain.
    “I’m thrilled to be the new judge on AMERICAN IDOL,” said DeGeneres. ”I’ve watched since the beginning, and I’ve always been a huge fan. So getting this job is a dream come true, and think of all the money I’ll save from not having to text in my vote.”
    “I could not be more excited to have Ellen join the AMERICAN IDOL family,” said creator and executive producer Simon Fuller. “Ellen has been a fan of the show for many years, and her love of music and understanding of the American public will bring a unique human touch to our judging panel. I can’t wait for this next season to begin.”
    “We’re all delighted to have Ellen join our ninth season of AMERICAN IDOL,” said executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz. “Beyond her incredible sense of humor and love of music, she brings with her an immense warmth and compassion that is almost palpable. She is one of America’s foremost entertainers, and we cannot wait to have her join our team.”

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

I think this is great news, Ellen is hilarious and will add some fresh comedy to the show that is gone stale in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Not a fan of Kara and now Ellen! She may be a good laugh but what exactly does she know about music? It's almost as bad as when Tarantino was a guest judge. Should be an interesting series but Adam Lambert should definitely have won last seasons.

This is Simon's last season :(

Its back Friday night on TV3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

started on itv2 tonight, just over.hilarious how bad some of them were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

I love the auditions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

It's cool that it's on the next day on ITV2 this year, last year I ended up reading all about what happened during the live shows online before seeing the episode!

The audition episodes are great, I wish X Factor went back to no live audience, I hate the BGT style auditions, I'm sure they'll feature on X Factor USA too though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

I always thought Kara's comments were much more interesting and helpful and worthwhile than Paula's.

And Katy Perry?? Really??? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

I miss Paula's erratic behaviour and crazy comments though... She's being rumoured for the US X Factor though so hopefully she'll be back!

Kara's comments are fair most of the time, but she picks fights with random people that she decides not to like. Next year Randy will be the longest serving judge, and he really doesn't give much feedback at all other that "I liked it dawg" or "wasn't really feeling that dawg"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Looking forward to seeing ellen v simon, and banter with ryan.

Kara is trying too hard this season to be like Paula

pants on the ground pants on the ground lookin like a fool with your pants on the ground :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

The last fella on the second episode was super.Genuine guy,honest and powerful voice!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am liking the guest judge idea so far

I dont like Kara at all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Kara is so annoying! I laughed when the 2 sisters in the blue and yellow came in and when the girl in yellow was singing, the blue dressed one was swaying and going 'mm' when she was singing??! They both got through though.

• Advertisement

Kara V Katy - go Katy

Adam Lambert has apparently confirmed that he is to appear on this season's American Idol.

The singer, who finished as runner-up on the show last year, took to his Twitter page to tell fans that he will be performing on the series sometime in the near future.

He wrote: "Yes, I have been booked on Idol!"

Lambert added: "Can't reveal the date yet but it's a ways off... So excited."

Well the judges saved big Mike :eek:

Lady Gaga is returning to American Idol.

The pop singer is set to perform on Wednesday, May 5th.

No word yet on what she'll perform, but the Grammy winner offered a big hint when she announced the news on Twitter. "See you on American Idol. May 5th, Little Monsters," the pop singer wrote, while also linking to a recent live performance of her latest single, "Telephone."

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

I picked Lee DeWyze out as my favourite 3 months ago but never really believed he could win the whole thing until a few weeks ago... He's now the favourite to beat long time favourite, Crystal Bowersox (who I also love!) after two unbelievable performances this week:

Simple Man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qDyjP3G0Mg

Hallelujah: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te42ioevqnI

The fact that he's fantastically humble and a little shy has really made America love him and he's gorgeous too, which never hurts :D

The finalists are Lee DeWyze and Crystal Bowersox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭barbiedollz

what do ye think ov his version ov beautiful day....i think it is very good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMplfsh1Zqw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Jaysus,we just sat through 2 wasted hours of absolute ****e on ITV 2, with a whole lot of resurrected has-beens trying to make a few bob on the back of a big TV audience, and soo many ads.

What really gets my goat is that the best singer in the competition seemed to know before-hand that she could not win the it.

Lee was so shocked at the result,... he actually looked embarrassed that he had won!

That's two years in a row now that they fixed the result the real singer didn't win.

Meh.... we wont be watching series 10, that's for sure, but we will be buying the Mamasox single !

• Advertisement

Any reason why David Cook and Adam Lambert werent back for the finale as all other winners and previous contestants were?

Simon is going to be big loss to the show

Advertisement