Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Implications for visitor licenses of new laws

Options
  • 31-07-2009 9:55am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does any one know what the implications are for visitor licenses? The Garda website doesn't even have a section for firearm licensing that I can find!

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

This from the CJB would seem to imply that visitors will still be able to to bring their firearms to Ireland.

36.—The following section is substituted for section 17 of the Principal
    Act:
    “Restrictions
    on the import
    of firearms,
    prohibited
    weapons and
    ammunition.
    17.—(1) Without prejudice to the provisions of
    the Firearms (Firearms Certificates for Non-
    Residents) Act 2000, no person, other than a regis- 20
    tered firearm dealer, shall import into the State
    any firearm, ammunition, or prohibited weapon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Does any one know what the implications are for visitor licenses? The Garda website doesn't even have a section for firearm licensing that I can find!

I saw somewhere that its still 1 year and the same form but the year runs from when its issued.

I'll check and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

Found it!

37.—Section 2 of the Act of 2000 is amended by the substitution of the following for subsection (6):

“(6) A firearm certificate granted to a person under this section after the date of commencement of section 37 of the Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 shall continue in force for a period of 1 year from the date on which it is granted, unless previously revoked.”.

Advertisement