Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying apps on Android Market?

• 31-07-2009 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭

Anyone know how to setup an account so you can buy apps on the android market i have an unlock g1 with a Vodafone sim in it and i can't find any instructions online or anything on the phone to enable the buying of apps.

I read somewhere that you need a google checkout account but i still don't know how to activate that on the phone

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

You cant officially buy them here yet.
    You need to have your G1 rooted so you can use the Market Enabler application
    Once you have that all the apps can be seen in the market and it will prompt you to set up your Google Checkout account when you attempt to purchase your 1st one :)

Oh I forgot, this will allow you to see apps for other regions too.Last.fm rocks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭HaVoC

Sweet cool thanks for that , have a reason to root my g1 now :P

HaVoC wrote: »
    Sweet cool thanks for that , have a reason to root my g1 now :P
    Off to xda-developers with you!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Is there any word on the market being fully available here soon??

Is there any word on the market being fully available here soon??
    Theyre accepting Irish region specific apps now so its definately in the pipeline.Id say its mainly to do with no carrier here having an Android phone yet

• Advertisement

Good stuff...now if we could just get a proper voip app i'll be set!

Good stuff...now if we could just get a proper voip app i'll be set!
    Sipdroid?
    http://sipdroid.org/

Can that use wifi? Im not interested in any rubbish app like skype lite that expects you to pay with minutes on ur data plan!

Also, can it only contact other sipdroid users? Or can it access my skype contacts?

Can that use wifi? Im not interested in any rubbish app like skype lite that expects you to pay with minutes on ur data plan!

Also, can it only contact other sipdroid users? Or can it access my skype contacts?
    Can use wifi & 3G.And skype can be setup to run on it.Full instructions are on the site I think.(didnt look into it too much)

Advertisement