Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Young Male drivers

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭mandysmithers

Most car crashes that are reported in the news where there's a fatality seem to involve males in their late teens and early 20s. The examples given above aren't as common as ones with guys involved.

In the past few days I've witnessed numerous incidents of dangerous driving - in one of them a van almost ran into me as it crossed over the white line onto my side of the road. I would have been a goner, without a doubt. In all these incidents, young males have been driving.

I would prefer to be in a small accident where a car just got a tip, than one where someone ends up dead or in a wheelchair. As some posters have said, when men have accidents they cause more damage, or the resulting cost is higher - that's why they have higher premiums, and I would agree with that. So while that trend continues, men will have to pay higher premiums. If it was the other way around, women would have to pay higher premiums, that's life.

Also, some posters have said that accidents involving women are more frequent but don't do as much damage. Well, I know which type of accident I'd prefer to be involved in, if I had to choose.

Obviously, not being in any accident would be my top choice.

Advertisement