Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban Buckfast-Keith Finnegan

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Anyone remember the days when only place you could get it was Roches Stores?
    It was stacked awaty from booze section with another drink "Sanotogen" (I think?), and it's biggest turnover was to little old ladies as a booster.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Captain D,
    You need to organise an urgent buckie festival outside a Mr. finnergan's house in mass demonstration at his lack of understanding of Galway nature. Maybe we can run him out and back to lala land.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

AH yes into o learys for bottle of buckie and two cans of heineken:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Triangle wrote: »
    Captain D,
    You need to organise an urgent buckie festival outside a Mr. finnergan's house in mass demonstration at his lack of understanding of Galway nature. Maybe we can run him out and back to lala land.....

You know something, that actually sounds like a plan! :D

The man brings such self righteous pomposity to the air waves, it makes me want to spew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Special K

Shop I worked in refused to stock Buckfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

no_buckfast-ashx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Keith Finnegan is a moron full stop.

I really hate the add for the keith finnegan show on galway bay fm ( it's on at work)

it goes something really cringy like....

" the keith finnegan show, bringing you news and current affairs.... without you we are nothing, together we become the heartbeat that drives our community.... topical matters, provided by you, discussed by keith finnegan"

like f*ck off you utter prick

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Ahh, keith Finnegan, he's so far up Frank Fahey's arse .

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

it can happen,used to know sum1 who worked in o'learys,apprently people to give out stink when a delivery is late,it is rumoured to have the highest bucky sales in galway,def a few years ago b4 small shops and petrol stations sold it and b4 dunnes offys in westside etc,im a drinker myself and think plastic btls could keep every1 happy.its a galway institution and is drank across all age groups.it will never be banned,competition authority and eu laws etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭the-island-man

The man brings such self righteous pomposity to the air waves, it makes me want to spew.

Post of the thread. I don't want to say bad things about keith finnegan as after all he's just trying to earn a living and probably has kids and relatives who might be reading this thread and i think we all must remember this when posting comments but whether he's a nice person or not off the air the guy most definitely comes across as self righteous and pompose on Galway Bay fm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

lol keith finnegan - what a retard

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

I don't own a television and just listen to the radio, but Galway Bay is probably the only station I haven't got tuned in to my radio simply because of the non-sense I hear on it so regularly. I think that says something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

padi89 wrote: »
    But you see it's not just a bottle of wine if it were nobody would buy it.It's bought for the buzz you get off it and there is simply no other drink out there that will give the same effect.
    Mad Dog, Sanatogen, Mansion House.

Irish Bucky is pretty foul anyway, too ****in syrupy

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

Thunderbird - think there was blue thunderbird and red thunderbird.still have an empty bottle somewhere.dont think they sell it anymore - this is the closest thing to buckie that there has been.both in texture and buzz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Peadar87

Buckfast is a tonic wine, and althogh alot of people just use it as a cheap way there are still a number of people who drink it medicinally. I used to work in a supermarket and would often have old people come up to me asking for a bottle of buckfast.

Ban buckfast, what next cheap cider???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Thunderbird - think there was blue thunderbird and red thunderbird.still have an empty bottle somewhere.dont think they sell it anymore - this is the closest thing to buckie that there has been.both in texture and buzz!

I remember we used to get that when we couldn't get our hands on Buckie. Jeez, I haven't seen a bottle of that since about 1993-94.
    Happy days:P:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Mad Dog, Sanatogen, Mansion House.

Irish Bucky is pretty foul anyway, too ****in syrupy

Never had Sanatogen or Mansion house but i can tell you Mad Dog definitely never had the same effect it was only popular because it was so easy to drink and had a high alcohol content.I remember drinking Thunderbird before Bucky became big but it definitely never gave the same buzz of Bucky.If there was a similar drink that had the same effect it would be common knowledge in Galway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I can remember when Blue Nun was all the rage, is that still available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Peadar87

Ya blue nun is still available. It was on sale in Limerick in Superquinn when i was in college last year anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Anyone for a boards buckie night??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

s_carnage wrote: »

HELL YES, without a doubt I'd be up for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Love abit of Buckie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/8192502.stm
    Glass and the remains of the drink, Buckfast, hit the two crew and their 70-year-old patient in the incident near Banknock in Stirlingshire.

lolz, what did it do, rebound off all 3 of them?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/8192502.stm

lolz, what did it do, rebound off all 3 of them?

Well, it is a drink with super powers:D

s_carnage wrote: »

When, name the night!!!!!:P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Buckfast is Nyom. I've lived in a few different places and Galway and southern/ central Scotland are the only places I've seen where it's popular! It's lovely stuff!

In Galway / UCG in the late 90s there was a satirical magazine dedicated to Devon-made tonic wine. "Buckfast Supernova". It too was rather excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

When, name the night!!!!!:P:D

How about this Friday night, outside Keith Finnegans house. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭lumpwood

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Buckfast is Nyom. I've lived in a few different places and Galway and southern/ central Scotland are the only places I've seen where it's popular! It's lovely stuff!

In Galway / UCG in the late 90s there was a satirical magazine dedicated to Devon-made tonic wine. "Buckfast Supernova". It too was rather excellent.

Good old http://lumpwood.net/issue2.docsome people had way too much time on their hands!!!

Especially with this... http://lumpwood.net/buckfast-research[1].doc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Ah the good old days. I once drank 2 bottles of bucky, half a flagan of devils bit (the dirty 3 litre job) and 4 cans of scrumpy. Drunkest dole day I ever had, a right mess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

Excellent stuff. No point trying to ban the stuff. Just ban people suffering from drunkeness (buckie induced or not) and related injuries from a&e. Should wipe out a fair few alcos and wasters. Save a bit of money too.

Advertisement