Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timetable for semester beginning sept 09?

Options
  • 31-07-2009 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

when do ye think this will be available?.........(if we have another 6pm evening i might have to kill someone)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

probably about the 18th of september, and version 2 on the 25th

i'm being optimistic here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

when does college start again for 2nd yr ITS anyone know? Is it Monday the 14th Sept?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

As soon as timetables are ready they will be uploaded to http://timetables.cit.ie so check it closer to sept.

A full calendar is available from http://www.explicit.ie/citsu-calendar-2009-2010.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Anyone know when we need to be registered for? I'm in Canada now so am unsure if I've received any info on it. I took the last year out so I don't really know what the story about going back is even though I emailed the head of my department saying I'd be returning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

what is meant by induction week. iam starting as a mature student, going in on year 2 of the course. what can i expect for the first week?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Induction is just basically getting to know your surroundings. You'll probably be given a tour of the college (how fun!), shown where our fabolous facilaties are. Maybe given details on societies, how to join them. Get to know your time tables and your class. Maybe few events.

I can't remember mine much to be honest. Enjoy it.

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Induction is just basically getting to know your surroundings. You'll probably be given a tour of the college (how fun!), shown where our fabolous facilaties are. Maybe given details on societies, how to join them. Get to know your time tables and your class. Maybe few events.

I can't remember mine much to be honest. Enjoy it.

cheers Webmonkey, not sure how they fill the week with induction:D

Me neither. Ha it prob short days and prob not includes friday. Good luck with it.

Me neither. Ha it prob short days and prob not includes friday. Good luck with it.

thanks Webmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I don't think there are any labs for the first week, or it might have been just my experience (Physics and Instrumantation dept.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 john bonn

Has anybody yet received details of when and where they are suppose to be on Monday the 14th. I did get a letter from CIT a while back stating College started that day and even though there has been other correspondance still no information on where to be and at what time.

john bonn wrote: »
    Has anybody yet received details of when and where they are suppose to be on Monday the 14th. I did get a letter from CIT a while back stating College started that day and even though there has been other correspondance still no information on where to be and at what time.
    Are you first year? - if not then just go by the time table for your course. They never tell people where to meet.

No, not a first year Webmonkey, transferring into 3rd of a course, so first time attending CIT. SO where am I ment to get this timetable for my course. I have been keeping tabs on my 'mycit' account, no information there at present.

They should appear on http://timetables.cit.ie/ when available. Do you know your class name?

I have a course code and title of course as for class name thats new to me

Ok, in your case you really should have got some documentation from CIT, but knowing them they won't bother, scattered in admin office.

What is the name of the course? - You might be able to spot it in http://exams.cit.ie/pastpapers.html - the class names are the folder names and the real name of course is in the actual exam paper.

Have you picked modules or anything?

DK47 wrote: »
    not sure how they fill the week with induction:D
    more than a week if you're doing electronic / electric engineering

Ok, Thanks Webmonkey, I have figure out a class name from your last reply.

I think I should just probably drop in and find the head of the course and have a chat with him prior to Monday.

As for modules, I did write something down a while back when I was accepting a place on the course.

john bonn wrote: »
    No, not a first year Webmonkey, transferring into 3rd of a course, so first time attending CIT. SO where am I ment to get this timetable for my course. I have been keeping tabs on my 'mycit' account, no information there at present.

in the same position as your self, was told to present my self at the department office. hope this helps

Dankoozy wrote: »
    more than a week if you're doing electronic / electric engineering

induction is more then a week? i'm not going in to first year, i'm transferring in the second year.

• Advertisement

DK47 wrote: »
    induction is more then a week? i'm not going in to first year, i'm transferring in the second year.

no i was taking the piss.

Dankoozy wrote: »
    no i was taking the piss.

of course, i should have know, your dealing with a kerry man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

College back and no time table on the web - And I bet they wonder why they didnt get their university status... idiots

Advertisement