Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to preorder Forza 3?

• 31-07-2009 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

I'm considering preordering Forza 3. My question is where though.
    Since i've heard that prices vary from store to store and sometimes one store is the cheapest and sometimes the most expensive.

When you preorder games, do you often use the same store everytime?

This goes for Bricks&Mortar aswell as online.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Why do you want to preorder? I doubt there'll be a shortage, so why limit yourself when it's possible it'll be cheaper in the store you didn't preorder in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Why do you want to preorder? I doubt there'll be a shortage, so why limit yourself when it's possible it'll be cheaper in the store you didn't preorder in.
    +1, don't bother pre-ordering it.

You could end up paying €60, while somewhere like Tesco might have it for €40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

Good point. I just thought in my own silly mind that preordering would not only have it delivered to your door, aswell as extra goodies?

But if that's not true i reckon i just could wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Sometimes you do get free ****e with games if you preorder though don't you? i've never bothered preordering ever though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I didn't realise this was coming out and having seen the preview I can't wait for it. I loved (and still love) Forza 2 and this looks better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

if you want a special editon you'd be better off preordering it. Xtravision are taking prebooks on the special edition and it comes with the VIP pack ( http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/20372/Forza-Motorsport-3-Dated-Limited-Edition-Detailed/ )
    has a USB and car packs and themes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

bubblefett wrote: »
    if you want a special editon you'd be better off preordering it. Xtravision are taking prebooks on the special edition and it comes with the VIP pack ( http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/20372/Forza-Motorsport-3-Dated-Limited-Edition-Detailed/ )
    has a USB and car packs and themes

ooooooo that looks nice, any word on SE price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

You can also prebook it on http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Racing/~r342988/Forza-Motorsport-3-Ltd-Edition-with-Exclusive-ingame-M3-E92-BMW/ and you get another exclusive car BMW-M3-E92 but thats 54.99 pounds so id say it would e cheaper getting it in xtravion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Didn't want to start a whole new thread so I'll hijack this one instead.

Today I struck it lucky and got to play Forza 3 thanks to MS Ireland. Check the write-up here. I won't be pre-ordering, but I have fallen in love with it... and I'm a die hard GT fan.

I truly is awsome fun... and there's a demo coming in 10 days on XBL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    You can also prebook it on http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Racing/~r342988/Forza-Motorsport-3-Ltd-Edition-with-Exclusive-ingame-M3-E92-BMW/ and you get another exclusive car BMW-M3-E92 but thats 54.99 pounds so id say it would e cheaper getting it in xtravion
    I'm hoping to get the limited edition up North, probably only works out a tenner dearer than the regular edition down here.

Today I struck it lucky and got to play Forza 3 thanks to MS Ireland. Check the write-up here. I won't be pre-ordering, but I have fallen in love with it... and I'm a die hard GT fan.

You bastard. The thing I'm concerned about are the number of different game modes, could make finding an online race a little difficult in a year or two.
    Just out of interest, how good are the graphics? Was there any sign of a full list of tracks they'll be including?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Good stuff PM. I think the big issue with FM2 is that it wasn't much of a step up from FM1 and it came without tracks like Road America from the get go. I liked FM1/2 but I felt the difference between the 2 was only on a grapical end. Look forward to seeing how people find 3.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Me too which begs the question did we pass each other in real life without knowing :D

amacachi wrote: »
    Just out of interest, how good are the graphics? Was there any sign of a full list of tracks they'll be including?

Graphics were very good. Not GT standards, as usual, but still stunning. A step up from Forza 2. In F2 it felt like they added effects and visual flare like bloom etc. to hide shoddy graphical work but here it's all fleshed out and brimming with gorgeosity.
    Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Good stuff PM. I think the big issue with FM2 is that it wasn't much of a step up from FM1 and it came without tracks like Road America from the get go. I liked FM1/2 but I felt the difference between the 2 was only on a grapical end. Look forward to seeing how people find 3.

3 is a good graphical step up, obviously, but they re-worked their physics engine to focus on the bit of the car that actually touches the ground (tyres). It felt like it made a big difference to the way the car handles on the road as you hit bumps and grass, but that could have been just the fact that I was playing on the steering wheel.
    Me too which begs the question did we pass each other in real life without knowing :D

Wasn't that many people there so we must have. Would have liked to say hi, and ask for some discounts :p

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Well I was one of those who actually handled the car well to give you a clue for next time ;)

On the subject of the game - it's an absolute cracker from what we saw today. It's not a game you can floor the accelerator on and expect to be able to recover the car after it spins out at the corners which had most people playing it crashing far too often ! ( it was set on easy and still had people in trouble ! )

As projectmayhem said already maybe not up to GT standards but getting very close and the handling is very realistic. I think that this will be the case with a wheel or controller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Anyone here going to buy the steering wheels and pedals with it? I'm sort of tempted this time, now that you can have a view from the car's interior.

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Anyone here going to buy the steering wheels and pedals with it? I'm sort of tempted this time, now that you can have a view from the car's interior.

Almost definitely gonna get the wheel, depending on how broke college leaves me. Just wish I could get one that would work on both consoles.

Well I was one of those who actually handled the car well to give you a clue for next time ;)

Hey not once did I need to use the rewind feature. I also never placed lower then 3rd. I pwnt that game. Pwnt. :p

As for the discussion on the steering wheel, after using it today I would absolutely recommend it. It is a shame Logitech or Mad Catz haven't got a universal one with a 360 and USB jack in it to work on both machines, but I guess you can't have everything!

I don't lke the wheel personally, it feels odd to me. Maybe i just need one of those bucket seat set ups to feel more at home with it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Sounds excellent. Really looking forward to trying out the demo and want to pre-order the LCE somewhere.

I have the steering wheel already but I want to get this to be able to use it properly :D
    file_1_3.jpg

Am I mad? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'd love one of those! I have the wheel and find it quite good compared to a Logitech wheel I had for my PC which was excellent.

• Advertisement

The GF would go ape sh1t if she came home to a bucket seat in the middle of the floor...

Hmmm maybe i'll make one of these...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

zero19 wrote: »
    The GF would go ape sh1t if she came home to a bucket seat in the middle of the floor...

Hmmm maybe i'll make one of these...
    dump the gf; the pros of the chair are greater than the pros of the gf :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Looks cool but does not have somewhere for a gear stick? Or are you supposed to learn how to use the paddles on the wheel? I'd prefer a normal gearstick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Is there a clutch in this? Obviously the steering wheel is for a PC game but just curious on it to see how far they've brought the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sub

Theres an optional clutch, but i'm not too happy about how they're screwing us who bought the wireless microsoft wheel over. For those who are really want a full on racing experience they could get the official forza 3 wheel http://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/fantec-forza-3-official-wheel-oxcgn1.jpg
    It has a 900 degree rotation, 6 way H gearstick and most importantly, a clutch! only problem is the insane price tag it has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Sub wrote: »
    Theres an optional clutch, but i'm not too happy about how they're screwing us who bought the wireless microsoft wheel over. For those who are really want a full on racing experience they could get the official forza 3 wheel http://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/fantec-forza-3-official-wheel-oxcgn1.jpg
    It has a 900 degree rotation, 6 way H gearstick and most importantly, a clutch! only problem is the insane price tag it has.

that looks like a fanatec wheel which are expensive anyway, its not turn 10 trying to screw you over. if you look up fanatec you'll probably get a cheaper model.

Clutch? Deadly, it'll be like learner driver central online, epic lols!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

900 degrees is silly in a computer game.

You don't want to be doing 2 1/2 rotations for full lock; it's gotta be more direct (not digital input direct but with a bit of give like!)

but

It's a pity the logitech g series of wheels isn't xbox compatible. The g25 is an amazing piece of kit (g27 isnt supposed to be worth the price from what I've read)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Looks like there is going to be a Forza 3 Super Elite bundle aswell, it won't be retailer limited like the MW2 bundle. It will be out the same day as the games release.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6228606.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

• Advertisement

Have to say from what I've seen of the presentation I really like it.

Advertisement