Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to preorder Forza 3?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

turn10 answer user questions

New DLC once a month for the next 12 months with between 8-12 new cars.

I.cannot.wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

kaimera wrote: »
    turn10 answer user questions

New DLC once a month for the next 12 months with between 8-12 new cars.

I.cannot.wait.

€5 per pack * 12 = price of another new game. Do not want.

depends on the cars and tracks; from reading the Q&A, new tracks could be based on players stats and game mode usage.

also 5*12 was cost of NTL recorder box :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    €5 per pack * 12 = price of another new game. Do not want.

+1 on that. I'll also be annoyed if they make those cars better than any others. e.g. in Forza 2 the Peugot 908 is faster than any other R1 cars, so playing an oval race against people using it is completely pointless, they get too far ahead off the line to get into their draft.

Doesn't the special/collector's edition give access to all future DLC?

EDIT: One thing I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is control of music. 2 had some great songs but no way to select them alas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

amacachi wrote: »
    EDIT: One thing I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is control of music. 2 had some great songs but no way to select them alas.

Yeah, that bugged the crap out of me, it had some decent tunes alright. Hope the sound tracks in 3 are just as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

that much dlc is a joke when you consider theres always 1 must have car that will be faster than everything else in its class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

what is this game like, never heard of it, what kind of racing is it, arcade , i bought an 360 with pgr and 4 other games, i've never even looked at the 4 games!

kwalshe wrote: »
    what is this game like, never heard of it, what kind of racing is it, arcade , i bought an 360 with pgr and 4 other games, i've never even looked at the 4 games!

It's more sim than arcade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Why they even need DLC when you're getting so many on the disc as it is, is beyond me.

And I want Bathurst back :(

Demo out tomorrow yeah? What time do demos tend to come out, not midnight by any chance? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Yep out tomorrow. Really looking forward to trying it out.
    AFAIK live is updated at 11a.m but it could be even later. Hopefully not though.

even if its not showing go to all demos beginning with F and it should be either there or in the best selling section beside it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Demo is up at the moment, you can download it to your xbox from online by going here http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/games/offers/0ddf0001-0000-4000-8000-00004d538861?cid=SLink

soo...what's it like?

kaimera wrote: »
    soo...what's it like?

haven't played it yet but theres 1 track, 2 laps and no leaderboards. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

It plays really well.
    Only had two races so far but its a thumbs up from me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Downloading now...

Downloading now, one track is a bit annoying for 1.25 GB. Also I could've sworn I heard there'd be 3 tracks in the demo.

I thought it'd be better, it's ok just expected more from it. That said i will buy it, i loved painting cars in Forza 2 so i'm interested in seeing what it's like now for 3

its very good but all they did was make the cars feel heavier and they don't float over bumps so much. the graphics are only slightly better and as for the interior view. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Love the presentation, graphics are a decent step up IMO.

The driving though, it feels a little bit too arcadey for my liking, will withhold judgement til the full game is out.

EDIT: Like the in-car view as well, it's driveable. After playing a decent amount of GT5 Prologue I'm reminded again how great it is to have a 360 camera option. Only real criticism of the game is how heavy the steering is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Incase people didn't know after you select your car and assist options, when it comes to your (only) track choice hit 'Y' and you can hotlap i.e. Unlimited laps with no A.I and set the fastets time on the scoreboards.

Further to that if you want to set a drift score, press d-pad left to bring up the drift points system.

I'm absolutely in love with the game especially after how **** NFS: Shift was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Incase people didn't know after you select your car and assist options, when it comes to your (only) track choice hit 'Y' and you can hotlap i.e. Unlimited laps with no A.I and set the fastets time on the scoreboards.

Further to that if you want to set a drift score, press d-pad left to bring up the drift points system.

Was SHIFT really that bad? I was going to buy it tomorrow to keep me ticking over until Forza 3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Id definitely rent it first. The amount of bugs and glitches is phenomenal and the cars are barely controllable on the harder difficulty levels.

Apparently they're releasing a patch to address the issues but I'd rent it first ...

what's the drifting like from the demo?

Drifitng is decent in my opinion, i can't wait to get the full game and tune something to my own taste, i wasn't your typical S class only drifter back in the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I thought/think NFS: Shift is great... Didn't think much of the Forza Demo, found it a bit boring..

The handling in NFS can be tricky at times tho, defo takes a while to get the hang of it.. Find it quite rewarding when u do tho.. Some great little features in it too...

+ u get to drive one of these...
    0708_impp_44z+1972_nissan_skyline_ht_2000_gtr+left_front.jpg

and dream that u'll someday be as cool as the guy in the pic.. :p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Thanks for that! There I was sitting on the grid for a while so I wouldn't be mixing with the pack on my fast lap. 1.05.8 my fastest with that system (had a few slightly quicker but the hazard icon was next to lap time so I presume it discounts it for putting a wheel on the grass...).

🤪

Currently in the top 1% on the RWD and FWD (hilarious) Drift scoreboards, horray!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Its hard for me to tell from one track how much I'll enjoy this, quite liked Forza 2, but just was going through the motions in the demo, the rewind was a nice gimmick but more for practice for nailing corners etc i guess. I'm thinking I might not enjoy this game so much as I was really into PGR4 and prefer that

Advertisement