Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying flat screen + blue ray player + home theatre

• 31-07-2009 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

I've tried several searches and all roads seem to lead to the HE section
    for questions relating to where and which flat screen TV to buy.

I have a few questions
    1/ Is it best to buy locally? I'm thinking about the difficulties of returning a defective device.
    2/ Which retailers should I consider?, I want to avoid Hardly Normal, etc.
    3/ Is it best to have someone come over and stick it to the wall, or do it myself?

The budget for the TV is just over one thousand euro,
    The budget for the blue ray is about 300 (considering a good player, or a PS3) please advise why I'd buy one over the other if you can.
    I'm hoping the sound system might be thrown in! :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

bump
    how come no replies?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

T-Square wrote: »
    bump
    how come no replies?:confused:

Cos its a Bank Holiday weekend ???

Post your needs and prices in the RS Forum. They'll give you some options, then you can compare locally etc if you wish. They are well regarded by boardies, and will usually price beat anything if they haven't already.

Here's some options straight off their UK Site.

Good Luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Go for a panasonic G10 mate

Powercity are doing great deals at the moment

For blue Ray go with the PS3 or standalone go for this

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=443342

Before you put it on the wall make sure you know what you up to !

Need any help give me a shout

Advertisement