Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's going to the Horse Show

Options
  • 31-07-2009 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭

So just wondering who's going to the show next week, and what days are you going? And is there any particular reason you're going?

Hoping to go on Saturday, and maybe Wednesday, too...

Are you going to the Horse Show next week and what days are you going? 28 votes

Wednesday
    0% 0 votes
    Thursday
    14% 4 votes
    Friday
    17% 5 votes
    Saturday
    14% 4 votes
    Sunday
    25% 7 votes
    All of the above
    14% 4 votes
    I'm not going
    14% 4 votes

Comments

I can't make it this year. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Working there wed/thurs/sat/sun

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ciars84

I cant afford to go this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

MEMEMEME!

*jumps up and down excitedly*

I've never been to the horse show before...

I'm going Thursday and doing the ladies day thing. And Saturday. Maybe perhaps Sunday, we'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

How could you have never been to the Horse Show before fits?

Not too sure what day/days I'll be going, will have to check the time table. I hope the shopping will be better this year, I may buy one or two things I really need (aka really want) and then get the rest on the last day if I can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napoles

I'm there from Tuesday to Sunday. Competing all days except Saturday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

napoles wrote: »
    I'm there from Tuesday to Sunday. Competing all days except Saturday! :)

You'll have a busy week, so!!! :)

Are you showing? If so, what classes will you be competing in?

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

I should be there every day:D Cant wait. Just got my new horse so il have to do some shopping!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SmellySockies

I dont have the time to go this year ;[[[

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr.Helpful

I'll be there for the whole week as I am working! Can't wait!

Shame that they have changed the format of the Aga Khan this year, makes my day sooooooo much longer:mad: oh well its money at the end of the day which is priceless in these harsh times!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

Mr.Helpful wrote: »
    I'll be there for the whole week as I am working! Can't wait!

Shame that they have changed the format of the Aga Khan this year, makes my day sooooooo much longer:mad: oh well its money at the end of the day which is priceless in these harsh times!!

How have they changed the format???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

How could you have never been to the Horse Show before fits?

Usually either no money, noone to go with or I was elsewhere.

But I am going this year... woot! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ironia

first time to show, so don't know what to look for. will check out programme, then will know.
    will go to first day and will see then

li-evo7 wrote: »
    How have they changed the format???

The two rounds aren't being held one immediately after the other, as is usually the case. Apparently the first round is being held earlier in the day, around 13.30, with the second round being held around 16.00 (I may stand corrected on the times, can't remember exactly, but you get the general idea).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr.Helpful

convert wrote: »
    The two rounds aren't being held one immediately after the other, as is usually the case. Apparently the first round is being held earlier in the day, around 13.30, with the second round being held around 16.00 (I may stand corrected on the times, can't remember exactly, but you get the general idea).

Yep thats exactly what is going well so Ive heard from one of my sources. Plus the president wont be there until 5.30 which is when the"Aga Khan" offically starts!

I don't know why, but for some reason I feel that it may have something to do with the RTE coverage of the competition, a bit like the fact that they want some of the racecourses to follow Punchestown's lead last April, and hold the festival meetings in the evening to maximise TV viewing ratings.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

was trying to figure that out on the tv guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jucylucy

Hoping to og on Wednesday1 The website booking has a "pormotion code" box, any idea as to where the codes are available? Also there used to be the pony racing in the arena is this still on and if so when as the kids would love this.
    Thanks for your help.
    :)

Do you mean the pony club games that used to be in one of the rings behind the main arena? If so, I think they are on at the weekend, but I'm not sure what time.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

Hi, does anyone know if jessica kurten will be competing any of the days? Thanks.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

Hi, does anyone know if jessica kurten will be competing any of the days? Thanks.:confused:

I think i saw Jessica's name on the individual's list so she'll surely compete most days i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

The program is here and you can get results (and international start lists if you click through the international link) here

Mounted games Saturday and Sunday. I always love watching the crazy 128s as well, so their final should be fun to watch too. Jessica is going in the main class today, so she should feature throughout the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

Thanks guys, I'm going up tomorrow so hopefully I'll see her.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭ecaf

I'm not going unfortunately :( too expensive! My friend isn't going either for the same reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ciars84

Unfortunately I cannot go this year as I have to priorotise my funds, but I will watch the tv coverage of it :)
    Shame they have changed the format of the AgaKhan. I think its more exciting to have one round after the other.

Can anyone tell me how much the 'concession' admission price is if you turn up on the day? It's advertised as €15 on the website, but when you go to book it, there's a charge, so it works out at €16.25. Is that still cheaper than turning up on the day?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

im hoping to go saturday , i try to go every year i love the show, just have to drag along the boyfriend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

Can anyone tell me how much the 'concession' admission price is if you turn up on the day? It's advertised as €15 on the website, but when you go to book it, there's a charge, so it works out at €16.25. Is that still cheaper than turning up on the day?

Thanks!

€20 admission fee for adults, or thereabouts...we're up at it for the week, season ticket works out better value at €50 for the 5 days.

Yeah, I saw that, but unfortunately I can't make it more than 2 days! Season ticket isn't bad value if you get to go for 3 or more days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭granturismo

Thanks!

Webbooking claims 5% reduction. Web price for a family ticket is €47.50, all web prices supposidly have a 5% reduction already applied. I was charged a compulsorary €3.00 to book online. I noticed the family ticket price on the gate today was €50 - so no online reductions but a small rip off.

Advertisement