Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's going to the Horse Show

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Webbooking claims 5% reduction. Web price for a family ticket is 47.50, all web prices supposidly have a 5% reduction already applied. I was charged a compulsorary 3.00 to book online. I noticed the family ticket price on the gate today was 50 - so no online reductions but a small rip off.

When I went to book my ticket yesterday I noticed that the tickets online included the compulsory booking fee, which actually made it more expensive than just buying on the day. A bit of a joke, really, especially when an online discount is advertised. I wasn't too impressed that the season ticket, which is 50 forthe concession rate for admission only, doesn't include tomorrow! A little bit harsh in the current economic climate, I feel.

That said, there was a nice atmosphere there today, and there were lots of great showing classes and showjumping events on offer today.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

Can anyone explain to me why the entire format is changed this year!!??

Okay I understand with the new sponsorship of the Nations Cup by Meydan and having TEN instead of eight nations competting in the Aga Khan, is the main reason for the re shuffling of the Agan Khan times wise!!

But whats the story with the Pussiance only starting at 6 on Saturday!!??

N RTE's coverage is S***E to be honest for the Sunday, the Longies Grand Prix is starting at 3.10 by the events list on the website but RTE are ony doing coverage from 6!!

RTE really pissed me off years ago when the axed the coverage of the Milstreet Show and then bout 6-7 years ago when the cut the RDS Horse Show down from the full week of events coverage just to Friday, Saturday and Sunday and now by the looks of it with regards to the Sunday coverage this year they cutting it again!!

It really bugs me cause I have been watching this since I was five!! And it's the one thing I sit down and watch from start to finish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Can't make it this year :(
    But watching it on TV.
    Can't wait for the Puissance and Hunt Chase!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Go to RTE.ie and try and find the Equestrian section, not that easy is it. Same as the mainstream papers, poxy pictures taken by somebody who doesnt know one end of a horse from the other.

If it isnt football/GAA/Racing then it doesnt matter
    Can anyone explain to me why the entire format is changed this year!!??

Okay I understand with the new sponsorship of the Nations Cup by Meydan and having TEN instead of eight nations competting in the Aga Khan, is the main reason for the re shuffling of the Agan Khan times wise!!

But whats the story with the Pussiance only starting at 6 on Saturday!!??

N RTE's coverage is S***E to be honest for the Sunday, the Longies Grand Prix is starting at 3.10 by the events list on the website but RTE are ony doing coverage from 6!!

RTE really pissed me off years ago when the axed the coverage of the Milstreet Show and then bout 6-7 years ago when the cut the RDS Horse Show down from the full week of events coverage just to Friday, Saturday and Sunday and now by the looks of it with regards to the Sunday coverage this year they cutting it again!!

It really bugs me cause I have been watching this since I was five!! And it's the one thing I sit down and watch from start to finish!!

Advertisement