Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car service

Options
  • 31-07-2009 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

A flyer came through my door recently offering to do a basic car service for less than €200. Does anyone remember the name of the company offering this service or have any contact details for them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

There's a company in Newtown called "Autocheck" (i think) and they've been doing a big flyer blitz. I don't have my flyer anymore, but I'll try and find out for you later.
    Let me know if this sounds like the company you were looking for.
    Terry

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

AMM wrote: »
    A flyer came through my door recently offering to do a basic car service for less than €200. Does anyone remember the name of the company offering this service or have any contact details for them?

outside of the main dealers, you shouldn't be paying more than €200 for a service anyway (and even the dealers tend to have good deals these days). I'm sure both Davis Bros and Rodney Evans would charge less than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

loyatemu wrote: »
    outside of the main dealers, you shouldn't be paying more than €200 for a service anyway (and even the dealers tend to have good deals these days). I'm sure both Davis Bros and Rodney Evans would charge less than that.

Rodney Evans charged me 250 in May.

I bet you can name your price at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

i think there was already a thread about this before, i got my car serviced down at the garage just by the railway bridge there - near poppies? And it was only €160.

but it also totally depends on what condition your car is in surely? if theres nothing major to be fixed other than the usual oil, air, etc then i wouldnt be paying €250?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Atlas Tyre and Autoservice offer full service from €99. They are in stillorgan, tempelogue, kimmage, kylemore rd and drumcondra. They did mine. called collected and delivered as well. Did a great job. Totally honest. No oversell or bs. Spoke to the manager. They think long term and want customers to come back. Would highly recommend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement