Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Rugby

• 31-07-2009 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Got a 1.2m motor setup and was wondering if anyone can suggest the best sats/channels for rugby, basicaly any rugby anywhere plus the usual magners/celtic league heiny cup etc. I have a digialrb card but have seen no rugby yet plus signal is shockly poor.

Cheers

1Love

Jonny

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

S4C and BBC2wales do Magners league

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

yeh but i cant get them on my sat :( where are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

S4C and BCC2Wales are on 28east. I don't remember ever seeing a rugby match on Digialb before. For Rugby, French TV on 19east is king with a Canal+ sub.

I watched the lions on super sports thats what i have :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

You will find S4C AND BBC They show a lot of rugby mainly the welsh regions games and s4c do other welsh games also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,303 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

http://liveonsat.com/08_rugby_union_all.php

FTA will show as red on this site. Nothing FTA for the time being.

cheers for the link hound... I will have to work on the non FTA ones now :)

cheers

Jonny

God! just found out that there are 2 SuperSports! one on 36E and then the one i have. Rage! I cant go to 36E with out moving the dish mount!!!! GRRRRR think I will just have to use your link to find others.

Cheers

If you can get 10 East this feed is a good signal in Dundalk

Frequency: 12742 - Pol: H - SR: 6111 - FEC: -

Category: Sport - Rugby

Transmitted in: MPEG-2 4:2:0 (PAL)

Comments: South Africa-New Zealand

Sausages

I should have given you the link for feeds. Worth checking whenever there is a game on. Times are CET one hour ahead of us.

http://www.satelliweb.com/index.php?section=livef

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

The Supersport on 36 is not available in Ireland. It is for South Africa and is only beamed there. The biggest problem with feeds is they only usually found AFTER the event has started. This is unreliable for your rugby club.

That feed was reported at 3.36pm and there was one reported on 45 East at 3.05pm. Game started at 4pm. There are people out there who spend all their time finding feeds and since broadcasters have to set up links etc they can be found in plently of time. There are lots of other souces for feeds eg Yahoo Feedhunters group and Feeds Mechanic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

OK for a hobbyist or enthusist at home. Not for a public place like a Rugby club. They need FTA channels and Subscriptions with a professional setup.

I'd not want to upset a room full of drinking current and ex-rugby players.

Sausages never said anything about a rugby club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

$ausage$ wrote: »
    I watched the lions on super sports thats what i have :)

South Africa or Greek m8 out of interest?

Sausages never said anything about a rugby club.

You haven't been paying attention. :)

It could also be previous posts or deleted posts.

Hey

I want to know if anyone has got to see super sports on 36E.
    I want to get a official card and all its just that I want to know if anyone has got it or used it. I want it mainly for rugby and it seams to have all of the games when i look at the listings.

Cheers

Jonny

most of the beams on 36E can't be received here.
    http://www.lyngsat.com/36east.html

The one that can http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/sesat_fixed.html needs at least a 1.2m dish for reliable reception

Supersport seems to be part of Multichoice Africa, on this beam http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/sesat_saf.html
    Not receivable within 5000km of here probably.

DO check lyngsat footprint/beam for the channel you are interested in.

You need to subtract about 3db to 6dB from published maps to cope with Irish Rain and Satellite Operator optimism when calculating dish size.

The suggested Dishes Sizes are for clear skies, good dish, full uplink/transponder power, full solar/battery capacity and an "average" FEC, bandwidth etc.

With age the power is less.
    Some or many transponders may be operating at lower power as it's cheaper for Uplink and cheaper for transponder rental.

Feeds may need 6dB to 12dB more as the broadcasters may have a 4.8m dish for feed reception! They will use minimum power to reduce cost and ability for DTH reception. Feeds also tend to be 7/8 as dish size isn't an issue.

Lower FEC needs a bigger dish (i.e. 7/8 rather than 1/2)
    higher Symbol rate needs a bigger dish (40,000ksys/s rather than 1,500 ksys/s)

God dam it that sucks!

There so good too I would easly pay for a sub! maybe they relay on another sat?! I will have to see, you never know.....:)

• Advertisement

Thats a great package, was down there 2 years ago & I must say it was impressive.

I think it can be picked up here on KU-band with a dish the same size as Old Trafford.

Not a hope - pity

I just got a text from a mate who says they relay their coverage to Fox AZ any one know what sat thats on or if we can get it?

I just got a text from a mate who says they relay their coverage to Fox AZ any one know what sat thats on or if we can get it?

If its Fox Arizona in the US theres no chance - If its Fox Australia theres also no hope.

Supersports Greece (nova) on 13e shows a fair bit of Rugby

Yeh, I hear that... so disapointed in this whole sat stuff now lol :(

I had visions of all sorts of sports from everywhere.

Ah well pig racing will just have to do

Yeh, I hear that... so disapointed in this whole sat stuff now lol :(

I had visions of all sorts of sports from everywhere.

Ah well pig racing will just have to do

Football is the main sport out there, Rugby is only carried on a handful of providers regularly across the globe.

Pity because I enjoy it myself

Yeh shame... ill just have to go and get sly Sky then :(

who got setantas rights for the ruggers now they have gone?

Free Tractor pulling etc on DSF @ 19E :)

Countries interested in Rugby in Europe:
    Italy, France, UK, Ireland. All PayTV apart from some BBC, RTE (via aerial) and S4C~digidol. Maybe the odd ITV/C4/Five

Elsewhere
    S.A. : No reception north of equator probably
    N.Z. : Drill a hole through the planet?

Virtually all rugby will be on 28.2E or TV aerial and what ever isn't free is on Sky Sports. It's the only reason my Dad has ever subscribed to Sky or watched Welsh TV on Satellite.

You will get very occasional feeds of European teams away, such as recent S.A. tour feeds on 10E. Nothing you could plan on.

There is far less free Football, proportionally, but many more countries are interested in Football, so more choice of pay TV packages for expensive stuff and more free matches of teams you never heard of on Turkish, Arabic, German etc TV you can get here.
    Canal+ is big in France and probably does most of the Rugby & Football.
    Sky is big in Italy and Ireland/UK and ties up most of important football/Rugby.
    Who else in Europe is interested in Rugby?

YOu can't get ANY USA/NorthAmerican TV here, other than feeds or Europe versions of USA payTV.
    Anyway they hardly know what Rugby or Football is. They have adverts interspersed with Rounders, Basketball or guys running around in Starwars plastic armour (Why is it the "World Series"?). The only real sport they play is Icehockey to make the Canadians feel good :)

Jeese Watty that was a bit of a rant!

but ye I hear ya. Think I will have to bite the bullet and get a sky sub :(

"N.Z. : Drill a hole through the planet?"

LOL:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Guys eurosports does lots of french rugby how come no one has stated that??

Advertisement