Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Misclassified players in FF

• 31-07-2009 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Has anyone spotted any players that are misclassified in the Premier Leagye Fantasy Football?

Zhirkov is the only potential one I can spot...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,434 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Last year Arshavin was a forward, but I think this year he is a midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Im to lazy to check..What do they have Zhirkov as?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

PH4T wrote: »
    Has anyone spotted any players that are misclassified in the Premier Leagye Fantasy Football?

Zhirkov is the only potential one I can spot...

How much time do you have on your hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

That_Guy wrote: »
    How much time do you have on your hands?

On Friday afternoon of a bank holiday weekend I have about 2 hours for worthwhile activities such as this!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

yeah, Nani is down as a footballer in it

nuf said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Yeh Arshavin is the new FF Ronaldo. Never a midfielder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Vincent Kompany is listed as a midfeilder.

That's where he'll be playing mainly I think (if he get get in ahead of De Jong). Looks like they're getting well sorted at centre half anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

eirebhoy wrote: »
    That's where he'll be playing mainly I think (if he get get in ahead of De Jong). Looks like they're getting well sorted at centre half anyway.

He'll be playing centrehalf beside Kolo.

He only played DM last year because there was nobody else, he's not suited to it, he can do a job there when needed but the mad is a centre back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Rafael was a midfielder last year too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

They've fixed a lot from last year (e.g. P.Neville being a midfielder now).

In fairness they can only go on what they know. I wouldn't neccessarily say Zhirkov is misclassified as he can play left back and has done so whenever I have seen him play for Russia as far as I can remember. Then again, they should really know that he's hardly going to displace the best leftback in the world so I would agree he probably should be down as a mid.

As for Arshavin, its debatable. I woulda probably had him down as a midfielder, he plays as an attacking mid behind a frontman. He's certainly no more of a striker than Gerrard.

A lot of players are versatile and will end up playing in different positions. And even some of these positions are difficult to determine whther they are 'defender' midfielder' or 'striker'. (e.g I'm sure a lot of people would have differing opinions on whther Gerrard is a striker or a midfielder) And someone like Mascherano will obviously be down as a midfielder even if most of his good work is defensive, which is kinda problematic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Seaneh wrote: »

He only played DM last year because there was nobody else, he's not suited to it, he can do a job there when needed but the mad is a centre back.

He won't be playing at all more like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

What was wrong with the big Fantasy Football thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Wow Zhirkov is a great player to have then as he will get big bonused for the clean sheets that chelsea stack up as well as big bonuses for scoring and assisting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Damn after reading this thread I don't know whether to keep Lampard or put in Arshavin :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Zhirkov, you could argue, is the only big misclassification in the game - but HE DID play left back regularly for Russia. The boys at FPL obviously don't watch the Russian League - THAT'S where he plays in midfield - and where he should play for Chelsea.

And he'll do a mighty fine job, I'm sensing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Wow Zhirkov is a great player to have then as he will get big bonused for the clean sheets that chelsea stack up as well as big bonuses for scoring and assisting.

I'd say a lot of people are waiting to see if Zhirkov starts regularly.. If he does it will be left midfield and he will be a must have in every team

Seaneh wrote: »

I don't know about that. Kompany hardly ever played centre half for City, even after they signed De Jong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeh Arshavin is the new FF Ronaldo. Never a midfielder.

Not a forward either though. He played every game at LM for us last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I don't know about that. Kompany hardly ever played centre half for City, even after they signed De Jong.

He won't be playing anywhere for the first while anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

i think the fact that they are trying to sign Lescott is a clear indicator of their plans for a centre back pairing, i.e. Toure and Lescott..

Frisbee wrote: »
    Not a forward either though. He played every game at LM for us last year
    I'd say he'd have a similar position to Robinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Zhirkov, you could argue, is the only big misclassification in the game - but HE DID play left back regularly for Russia. The boys at FPL obviously don't watch the Russian League - THAT'S where he plays in midfield - and where he should play for Chelsea.

Thanks. Zhirkov and Arshavin both look good options. That seems to be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Liam O wrote: »
    Damn after reading this thread I don't know whether to keep Lampard or put in Arshavin :mad:

Why not have both?
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Mendy at Hull down as midfield, when he's more of a fullback.

Clint Dempsey down as midfield when he's more of a forward.

Both could easily play in the positions they are down in, but they wouldn't be their number 1 spots imo

Advertisement