Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wow EU server in asia

Options
  • 31-07-2009 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know If it is possible to play in asia using the eu server I am on, if so will there be a huge lag or something? I'm asking for a friend who is moving back to Asia (malaysia) for good and wants to continue wowing as it were:pac:

I asked on the wow forums - but was ignored (good old blizzard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Yea will work, the latency will be quite high though and will probably experience occasional bouts of serious lag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

played on a US west coast server for 2 years never had a problem. Latency could have been better though. In answer to your question if you are using the EU client you can definitely still play from anywhere in the world :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Epeen

The biggest problem will probably be raid times if he raids, they might be at some awkward hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

ya it will work, the guild im in have some players from the usa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

He'll need to change a file called realmlist in wow directory to eu if he wants to play on a eu server, i played from New Zealand which is even further away from the server in Sweden that Malaysia so i had to play during the night if i wanted to raid with the guild or have any social with them, i had a ping of about 300 which wasn't bad at all for questing but raiding is pretty tough and pvp worse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement