Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samba Soccer?

Options
  • 31-07-2009 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭

My son is just finished a week in a Samba Soccer camp that didn't really have a lot of Samba! The young Brazillian coach wasn't there at all on Monday, was only there for a half day on Wednesday, and wasn't there at all today. Excuses ranged from "He missed his flight" to "He had to fly back early".

On looking at the website, I notice there was another camp running this week, run by the same franchise holder, about an hour away from us. I'm thinking they split his time between the two.

I am hoping to hear from other parents who have sent their kids to these camps. Is that the norm? It certainly is not what we expected or what their information would suggest!

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I know that a GAA club was rung near us one year looking for a few lads to help out on the course!! I'd prefer to see children go to an FAI camp,which is not a franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

You're lucky if that's the only issue you've had with the Samba soccer camps. Sounds like your child didn't get what was promised, could be misleading advertising. You could very well be right about splitting the Brazilian between the two camps.

My son's own soccer club, GAA and FAI camps were far superior than the Samba one which we tried a few years back, it's more like a gimmick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Thank you for the replies.

Advertisement