Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opeth announce Dublin date for October

• 31-07-2009 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

Swedish metal titans OPETH have announced a Dublin date at The Olympia Theatre this October 13th as part of their massively anticipated European tour. The tour will promote their 9th studio album 'Watershed' which has been described as breathtaking.

OPETH formed in Stockholm 1990 as a death metal band but have since explored so many new musical areas that they are now considered 'genreless' in the Metal world.

Tuesday 13th October 2009 @ The Olympia.

Tickets from €30 including booking fee go on sale this Monday 3rd August.

Hell yeah! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Sweet, I'm going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I was looking at the ticketmaster site earlier and there was no info about age requirements,would that mean it's all ages? (at least not strictly 18's anyway?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

I was looking at the ticketmaster site earlier and there was no info about age requirements,would that mean it's all ages? (at least not strictly 18's anyway?)

There's nothing about it on MCD yet either. It should be announced on Monday when the tickets go on sale. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

SWEET.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Cool. Opeth are one of the first bands that got me into death metal. May have to pay a visit:D

• Advertisement

Cathy666 wrote: »
    There's nothing about it on MCD yet either. It should be announced on Monday when the tickets go on sale. :)

Well actually there must have been a slip-up because tickets were onsale when I checked earlier at about 1pm today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I think the Olympia's a great venue for Opeth. I could imagine them doing loads of laid back songs such as from Damnation. It'd be cool, sitting back and hearing loads of those tunes for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Nice one. Any word on support bands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Well ive missed em twice, not a hope im missing em again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

See you's there ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Nice one. Any word on support bands?

nothing yet Karl, it's an off Tour headline date, so won't be a Prog Nation date, therefore no Dream Theater - maybe one of the other bands from that tour - but could just as easily be the Blizzards :-(

real pity DME didn't get this, would have been cracking support, I thought tickets would be on sale straight away this morning (hardly going on sale on a Bank Holiday Monday..) so I'm happy to have my seats in the first row upstairs :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Deadly
    As said above its a pity DME didnt get the gig.
    Jesus its been some year so far for gigs and we in a recession, plus this gig is in between 2 home Ireland matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Awesome! :D Will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 peterman

...tkts were on sale last friday....ticketmaster F'd UP.....can't wait for this gig...especially in the olympia....shud be a cracker....hopefully the support will be good......not some pony band!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Definently going to try to head to this, missed the last one. Should be deadly!! :):)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

NIBBS wrote: »
    nothing yet Karl, it's an off Tour headline date, so won't be a Prog Nation date, therefore no Dream Theater - maybe one of the other bands from that tour - but could just as easily be the Blizzards :-(

From Opeth.com

01-Aug-2009
    Two more dates has been added for the upcoming European tour with Dream Theater, Opeth, Bigelf & Unexpect. These are:

25th of September - Hovet, Stockholm - SWE

13th of October - Olympia Theatre, Dublin - IRE

jenizzle wrote: »
    From Opeth.com

01-Aug-2009
    Two more dates has been added for the upcoming European tour with Dream Theater, Opeth, Bigelf & Unexpect. These are:

25th of September - Hovet, Stockholm - SWE

13th of October - Olympia Theatre, Dublin - IRE

Nothing about it on the Dream Theater site though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Nope. Tis well dodgy, but I guess someone on the Opeth site just has it wrong, otherwise €30 is hella cheap for both of them!

jenizzle wrote: »
    Nope. Tis well dodgy, but I guess someone on the Opeth site just has it wrong, otherwise €30 is hella cheap for both of them!
    If dream theater are playing...i will actually be the happiest man on the plannet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

My God if Dream Theater actually do be playing this:eek: Twice in 4 nights would be quite pleasurable!

If not, well who cares, Opeth still playing is really cool

EDIT: The sheer fact Dream Theater are playing Hovet on 25th September....*runs and buys ticket*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Patricide wrote: »
    If dream theater are playing...i will actually be the happiest man on the plannet.
    If DT play, I will be the happiest woman on the planet. Seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I challenge you to it:D Actually, just told one of my mates, let out a massive scream in the middle of town! And thats just for the potential of them being there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

nope its not a progressive nation date, mp said on his forum that its a week off for dream theater and an opeth headling gig:(

nope its not a progressive nation date, mp said on his forum that its a week off for dream theater and an opeth headling gig:(
    booooooooo.....shoot the messenger.....

booooooooo.....shoot the messenger.....

indeed.... your kleenex are in the mail..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

indeed.... your kleenex are in the mail..

Yeah, twas already confirmed with MCD yesterday & they said it definitely wasn't a progressive nations gig. DT were offered but they wanted the O2:eek: Think they think they're bigger than they actually are over here.

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Yeah, twas already confirmed with MCD yesterday & they said it definitely wasn't a progressive nations gig. DT were offered but they wanted the O2:eek: Think they think they're bigger than they actually are over here.

tbh im pretty sure dt know their not very big over here especially since BC&SL went top ten in most european countrys except for ireland were it peaked at 93.. and they wont ever play here again after the 2002 gig..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

tbh im pretty sure dt know their not very big over here especially since BC&SL went top ten in most european countrys except for ireland were it peaked at 93.. and they wont ever play here again after the 2002 gig..

It mightn't be DT that think they're bigger over here than they are, but the promoters did offer them to MCD but only if they got the O2. Would love to see them here again, but its very unlikely.
    Don't really care myself, will be seeing them in London myself. Can't wait! New album sounded brilliant live when I saw them in Belgium.

Oral Slang wrote: »
    It mightn't be DT that think they're bigger over here than they are, but the promoters did offer them to MCD but only if they got the O2. Would love to see them here again, but its very unlikely.
    Don't really care myself, will be seeing them in London myself. Can't wait! New album sounded brilliant live when I saw them in Belgium.

wow that must be because of the lack of mid sized venues, althought the venue their playing in scotland is pretty big too.. wow the o2 im pretty shocked by that!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

all this means is that you won't be seeing DT in Ireland as long as either they have that attitude or the Agent does.......

I'm glad I picked up my front row seats for Opeth when they went on sale.......should be a good one.....looking forward to finally catching them live....

Advertisement