Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will Vick end up?

• 31-07-2009 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking the Patriots are going to make a play for him.

Quote from Belichick "Michael is an outstanding player, hasn't played in a couple of years, But right now, our focus is on our team and our players and trying to get the New England Patriots ready and so that's really where my attention's been. But he's a tremendous athlete. Where exactly he is right now, I don't know."

I have my junior psychology badge on and im going to dig way to much into this, but the last line intrigues me. Why did Bill need to say the last line? If he left out the last line it would me a standard Bill line; giving nothing away. "Where exactly he is right now, I don't know" kinda hints to me that he wants to find out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Just Bill being Bill. I dont think the Patriots will touch him.

My reasons. His options and availability are limited:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/07/30/mike-vicks-53-man-roster-status-clarified-today/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

The Pats have never been afraid to take on a player with 'issues', obviously Vick's situation is different to Corey Dillon's or Randy Moss' but if Belichick feels that there is a role on the team, such as a wildcat he won't be afraid to pull the trigger.
    The Pats wouldn't be affected negativily in a football sense-Tom Brady is still going to be QB1 but Vick coming in would give unbelievable options with him and Moss on the field at the same time for around eight plays a game.

frostie500 wrote: »
    The Pats have never been afraid to take on a player with 'issues', obviously Vick's situation is different to Corey Dillon's or Randy Moss' but if Belichick feels that there is a role on the team, such as a wildcat he won't be afraid to pull the trigger.
    The Pats wouldn't be affected negativily in a football sense-Tom Brady is still going to be QB1 but Vick coming in would give unbelievable options with him and Moss on the field at the same time for around eight plays a game.

Not my argument at all to be honest. Its his availability that will be the problem for most teams. And until the Pats make a serious offer for him I will believe it when I see it. Its funny the way the media interview BB and speculate on his words to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Don't think anybody would be looking at Vick from a passing point of view even with teams that have fringe starters.

I could see him ending up in Miami. They spent a 2nd round pick on Pat White because of his ability to run the Wildcat but the opportunities with Vick in that area are endless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

• Advertisement

Hazys wrote: »

typical BB just playing games with the press if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

Sea Devils, hope you're right!!
    Would love to see Vick as a Fin! Would def fit into the Widcat plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well the team I think would be most likely to take him are the Vikings. They wanted Favre and didn't get him, they have the best running back in the league, Vick would be a huge addition to that team imo.

I'm with Tallaght here, I won't believe it until it happens. Personally I think Belichick loves this, a perfect time to set the media scrambling for a big story and leave Tom Brady to get through a week of Training Camp without any stories about his knee or any rubbish like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I was talking with a mate about this last night and I think the Ravens will take him, no idea why other than the personalities in the locker room, and the fact they were willing to throw to Flacco out of the wildcat last year.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well the team I think would be most likely to take him are the Vikings. They wanted Favre and didn't get him, they have the best running back in the league, Vick would be a huge addition to that team imo.

The Vikings are one of the teams that have come out and said they wouldn't be interested in Vick but I agree with you r.e his usefulness there.

• Advertisement

Sea Devils wrote: »
    The Vikings are one of the teams that have come out and said they wouldn't be interested in Vick but I agree with you r.e his usefulness there.

Yeah they declared a non interest in him. But they are idiots, you have to laugh at the Vikings even entertaining the idea of Brett Favre to be honest. As great as it would be to see him in the NFL again if you ask me had the Vikes left it alone no one would b talking about Favre. Vikings will just suck again this year without a better QB taking the snaps. Such a waste of an Oline and Peterson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'd much rather have Tavaris Jackson/Rosenfels as my QB then Mike Vick. Tbh if I was GM of the Vikes I'd bust my gut to try and get Tyler Thigpen from the chiefs. Also it seems most teams dont want him, they probably realise he was a **** QB anyway.

I'd much rather have Tavaris Jackson/Rosenfels as my QB then Mike Vick. Tbh if I was GM of the Vikes I'd bust my gut to try and get Tyler Thigpen from the chiefs. Also it seems most teams dont want him, they probably realise he was a **** QB anyway.

Totally agree with you. I would take Rosenfels myself to be honest. But it seems the Vikes wanted their Franchise type QB and they are going to go into the season without it by the looks of it. They are idiots in general. As I said previously if Vick finds a team he will be doing well. Too much of a complicated mess for most teams to worry about and im not talking about his criminal record :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Vikes have said Harvin will be their wildcat type player. No chance of Wilf letting Childress take him. The best landing spot for Vick would be the 49ers, but as stated I still think it'll be the Ravens albeit Patriots likely too.

jdivision wrote: »
    . The best landing spot for Vick would be the 49ers, .

He deserves a shot at redemption just not with us

With the 49ers already set up to be a run-oriented team, with Gore and now Coffee drafted to back him up, why would they want a QB who would only take running reps away from the two main guys

Thr publicity it would generate would also be a nightmare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Totally agree with you. I would take Rosenfels myself to be honest. But it seems the Vikes wanted their Franchise type QB and they are going to go into the season without it by the looks of it. They are idiots in general. As I said previously if Vick finds a team he will be doing well. Too much of a complicated mess for most teams to worry about and im not talking about his criminal record :D

I think Childress realises this is last chance with the vikes so he was desperate to get Farve. If the Vikes don't go deep in the play-off then he'll get the bullet. The draft next year will have some good QB's for them to get.

I think Childress realises this is last chance with the vikes so he was desperate to get Farve. If the Vikes don't go deep in the play-off then he'll get the bullet. The draft next year will have some good QB's for them to get.

He should have pulled the trigger on Favre last year. Trying to bank on Favre this year was madness. I can understand yes he knows his job is on the line but he has himself to blame if it all blows up in his face really.

After reading alot of articles and I cant believe i missed them yesterday as I must have been half asleep:

- Vick "Seen in Logan Airport"

- Turns out it was a hoax of sorts, Vick actually in Virginia.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/07/michael_vick_th.html

Wow how rumours fester but who knows :D

Then reading through Ian Lougue's blog on Patsfans.com makes alot of sense in alot of what he writes.

http://www.patsfans.com/ian/blog/2009/08/01/vick-signing-with-patriots-doesnt-make-sense-for-vick/

Tis all a bit mad right now. Im going to say what BB has done seems to be a smart way of neither denying or saying yes to Vick will hold precedent for future big free agencies. Leaves him open to give an answer without 100% denying interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4371142

MANKATO, Minn. -- When defensive tackle LeTroy Guion rolled up on Tarvaris Jackson's left knee in practice on Saturday, the Minnesota Vikings' quarterback competition nearly ended before it really started.

Much to Jackson's relief, the injury was not nearly as serious as it first looked and he expects to be back on the field competing for the starting job in no time.

This could still make things very interesting in Minnesota.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 Quilly

Minn has Harvin for the wildcat so i doubt he'll end up there. Theres talk of him ending up in the new UFL league with the Orlando franchaise. There willing to pay him 7 figures so........

• Advertisement

Never even thought of green bay as a landing spot........it might actually work out. He will brign alot of baggage with him though

The only trouble anyone can get into in Green Bay is drunk driving.

Until Utah starts a team, this might not be a bad place for him.

Wisconsin the DUI capital of America. I will be there in 2 weeks. Love the midwest.

Vick wont play as a QB there thats for sure. If that happens every Favre fan will lynch Ted Thompson. As will the normal fans. The irony is lost on the whole thing if they take Vick and use him at QB. I just can't see the Pack running the Wildcat to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Love the midwest.

You should go to Indy some time, then. I hear they've a great Football Team - you'd love it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Quilly wrote: »
    Never even thought of green bay as a landing spot........it might actually work out

Cant see this happening either-I think Green Bay will look to do whatever it takes to avoid any sort of QB competition....bit too close to the last one!

frostie500 wrote: »
    Cant see this happening either-I think Green Bay will look to do whatever it takes to avoid any sort of QB competition....bit too close to the last one!

I believe there is talks of Carolina again. And Delhomme isn't getting any better ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Quilly wrote: »
    I believe there is talks of Carolina again. And Delhomme isn't getting any better ;)[/QU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Michael Vick has joined the Philadelphia Eagles

Advertisement