Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wardrobe Rail

Options
  • 31-07-2009 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Basically where the rail in my wardrobe sits one of the sides snapped..im not sure what there called its basically just a bracket where the pole slides into?anybody know wher i can pick one up would woodies or somewhere like that stock them!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Pretty much any DIY store would stock them. There are two main types -- one that has a circular flange with screw holes and a short tube that the hanger tube slips into, and one where the short tube is open at the top (in other words it is only 3/4 of a full circle. If you have to replace an existing bracket you need the second type or you will not be able to get the hanger tube in without dismantling the wardrobe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

ART6 wrote: »
    Pretty much any DIY store would stock them. There are two main types -- one that has a circular flange with screw holes and a short tube that the hanger tube slips into, and one where the short tube is open at the top (in other words it is only 3/4 of a full circle. If you have to replace an existing bracket you need the second type or you will not be able to get the hanger tube in without dismantling the wardrobe.

Partially agree but if the OP needs the first "enclosed circular" bracket then its just a matter of slipping the brackets onto the pole and then screwing the brackets back into the wardrobe uprights. Unless you are refering to a bracket whereby the screwhole is in the centre of the bracket in which case it would make sense to buy new open topped brackets where you can just slip the pole into them.

BTW there are 2 shapes of pole you can buy, i.e. the cross section is either circular or eliptical, the second shape is stronger than the first.

Advertisement