Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs win Barclays Asia cup.

Options
  • 31-07-2009 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Spurs beat Hull City today 3-0 in the final,Robbie Keane got two of the goals one from a penalty and also collected the man of the match award,well done to him.Lennon got the third late in the game,much improved performance from the Wembley cup games it has to be said,Luka Modric was excellent and Gomes made a couple of good saves when called upon which wasn't that often.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Have it recorded on my NTL box and will watch it tonight. Did Jenas play?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

SuprSi wrote: »
    Have it recorded on my NTL box and will watch it tonight. Did Jenas play?

He was on the pitch anyway, didnt notice him until he came off!
    Huddlestone looked very dodgy at CB, would not be confident at the back if him and Corluka are our CBs against Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    He was on the pitch anyway, didnt notice him until he came off!
    Huddlestone looked very dodgy at CB, would not be confident at the back if him and Corluka are our CBs against Liverpool

Hmmm, yeah I don't think either should be there. Both are slow and their positional sense, at CB, isn't great. Corluka at right-back, definitely. At CB, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I would agree about the centre backs,get well soon Woody,King,Dawson.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I thouht we actually played pretty well.
    It was an enjoyable gam. Keane played well enough, but young naughty Noughton was super. I was really impressed. great great cross for Lennon to score from as well. He just made it look like he had so much time on the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

it was a very enjoyable game...we havnt played that well in a long time and it was great to see Keane bag a few goals!

Advertisement