Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longford Town FC VS Atletico Madrid XI - Sunday 2nd 7pm

Options
  • 31-07-2009 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭

Longford Town will host a glamour friendly against Spanish giants Atletico Madrid this Sunday, August 2nd in Flancare Park at 7.00pm.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

wish i could go, but im not interested in longford towns shenanigans in the last 4/5 years.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Only found this out a few minutes ago, would have loved to have seen Athletico!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭gucci

how did the match go? any reports on it? (English preferably!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

wish i could go, but im not interested in longford towns shenanigans in the last 4/5 years.

Since they stopped winning cups then?

gucci wrote: »
    how did the match go? any reports on it? (English preferably!)

Finished 2-0 to Atletico.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Since they stopped winning cups then?

no, since i moved here and realised that the standards of irish soccer is rubbish

I enjoy it for what it is. I like going to the matches with my mates and having a laugh. But sure each to their own. I love live football whether it be in a park or in the league on my doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭gucci

I enjoy it for what it is. I like going to the matches with my mates and having a laugh. But sure each to their own. I love live football whether it be in a park or in the league on my doorstep.

Was it a youth team or what standard were Athleticos side? And Longfords?
    What sort of crowd were at it, any more or less than a regular game at Flancare? (Sorry for all the questions!)

Advertisement