Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I rang myself this morning.

• 31-07-2009 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭

I woke up this morning to hear my phone ringing, i pick up the phone and see my name and number being displayed. So instead of seeing for example Tom followed by 0861234567 i was seeing super-rush with my number following it. After debating whether i was dreaming or not, i answer and i am greeted by an eastern European woman asking me if i have a website and am i happy with. I reply yes and yes and she says thank you for your time and hangs up.
    I rang my O2 and they told me that they were well aware of this and that it was a fraud issue related to VOIP. First off how the hell did this happen and secondly has it happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

I got two such calls yesterday claming to be a "test call" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Someone just faking the caller id to be the number they are calling. No way around that, unfortunately unless you block off network calls claiming an on network ID or soething

Advertisement