Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Angle Iron

• 31-07-2009 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi,

Would anyone know where I might procure some angle iron? I want to make up a bench to use a lathe and other powertoold on. As I'm not 'in the trade' some of the places I rang wont sell to me or have high order quantities.

Maybe someone knows of a good scrapyard that might even have a suitable steelframe?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Scrap yard good choice also on ebay. Have you tried it. all sizes available 25mm - 40mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

Instead of angle iron you could try box steel, Heitons have it, different sizes, wall thickness etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Google is your friend...

http://www.build.ie/company_486504.htm

Any steel supplier will carry angle, its as cheap as chips so not really worth the hassle of digging around scrap yards etc IMHO.

Good luck with your project.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭positron

Anyone know where to get angle iron with holes around Dublin? The stuff I am looking for is a bit like mechano, you can make whatever you want out of it by cutting and bolting them together. Here's an example of what I am looking for:

http://www.pro-store.co.uk/slotted-angle.htm

slotted-angle-02.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Heaton Buckley Steel merchants on the Naas Road

Leslie Reynolds Steel merchants out in Ballycoolin Ind Estate in Blanchardstown,they specialize in stainless steel of all shapes and sizes from sheets to tubes,to all mad shapes and fittings.

Accross the road from Leslie Reynolds is Spirit Coatings who specialize in powder coating and anodising steel and alloy

• Advertisement
Advertisement