Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying TV - Need help locally.

Options
  • 31-07-2009 5:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

As I live in the Drogheda locality, can anyone tell me where is the cheapest place to get my hands on a 46 inch Samsung Series 6 flatscreen tv?

Unable to look around myself as current transport is off road.
    Anyone know the cheapest places at present for such items?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Harvey Normans are having a sale on at the minute, have a look there to see what they have.

Here's one on Pixmania:

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2662264/art/samsung/le46b651-lcd-screen.html

I have a series 6 myself, great TV/Monitor, bought it up north in Currys as I made a saving of near €400 compared to the price of it in Currys here in the south :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

'Not sure if they even sell the tv in question, but Power City are generally (almost always) cheaper than Harvey Norman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

Try the Briscoe Expert Electrical shop on the way up to Harvey Normans.
    Not the first place that might come to mind but sometimes their prices are lower than the more familiar stores.

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

North of the border :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Much appreciate the suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Let us know whose cheapest if you bother to check them all..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Let us know whose cheapest if you bother to check them all..

Will do.
    Its for the bedroom. Installing it with a 7.1 surround sound system using HDMI capability. With that and our PS3 - should be a blast.

The Samsungs series 6/7 should be seen to be believed.

Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Harvey Normans are having a sale on at the minute, have a look there to see what they have.

Here's one on Pixmania:

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2662264/art/samsung/le46b651-lcd-screen.html

I have a series 6 myself, great TV/Monitor, bought it up north in Currys as I made a saving of near €400 compared to the price of it in Currys here in the south :rolleyes:

just bought a new 32" samsung. found currys were the cheapest. harvey normans and DID were a rip off. i'd agree with hell boy though. if you dont mind waiting a couple of days for it i'd say go to pixmania. much cheaper and del by DHL (which does mean you'll have to be home to take delivery)

Advertisement