Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gun club set up

Options
  • 31-07-2009 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

im new at the shooting game and was wondering could any1 please tell me how to go about setting up a gun club. there is none my area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Bad time to ask - the new Clubs SI will be signed in tomorrow and the rules will have changed :D
    But stick about and keep reading, the details will wind up here pretty quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 amateurgun

can any1 please give me info on how to go about setting up a gun club. i've searched the net and can't find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

If it's a NARGC affiliated club the basics would be to contact your county board and inform them of your intention to start a club stating the boundaries you wish to set.
    You need letters from any surrounding NARGC clubs stating they have no objections to your new club.
    You need a minimum of 6 members also I believe.

Then your county board need to accept you request at a county meeting and pay your fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Alchemist2

Why not just set up a private shoot if you have enough members and join the countryside alliance for insurance purposes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Ive been offered the chance to set up one for my area with a neighbour who is a member of another club. I have to go and chat him but i was trying to find out first before i called to him what it entailed, costs etc. Any info would be great.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

If your going down the NARGC route do as terrier said but I would add have letters from farmers. If no club ever existed in the area you will find that some neighbouring clubs were (poaching) your parish for want of a better expression so they mightened be overly happy giving "permission".

However fear not and dont despair....the route to happy gun club membership is through the farming community (hence the letters).

Then someone proposes and seconds (there may be a vote on it) to get into the Regional Game council. Canvas other clubs our club backed a new club recently the decenters were the neighbouring clubs but they got in. When they came to me and asked advice I told them to try stay within NARGC but make it clear the club will be formed regardless and the CAI applications are on your table.

If you get any shlt from the RGC go straight to Countryside Alliance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 amateurgun

i've been trying to get a number for some1 on the county board but had no luck so far. where would i look?
    thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

www.nargc.ie youll get numbers and e mail address on that

Advertisement