Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fligths to thailand

Options
  • 31-07-2009 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

looking to go to thailand in oct any cheap fligths around or where is the best way to go thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Try AirAsia they fly to Malaysia from London, cheap as chips then to get a connection to Phuket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Superjet701

1st
    Etihad for DUB - BKK www.etihadairways.ie Around 500 - 800 euro return.
    Stops in Abu Dhabi for 2 hours. Very convienient , service second to none. Always my first choice. Book on thier website or sometimes cheaper on www.ebookers.ie

2nd
    Always a good deal here for flights from Dub. www.trailfinders.ie
    Select- Flights - Asia Usually around 600 euro return

3rd
    Fly to the uK on a cheepie (Ryan/AirFungus/BMI/Ect) then onward to BKK by any means from Manchester or London. Use www.ebookers.co.uk or www.kayak.co.uk to search for flights. Usually as low as 300 sterling return with Jet Airways (Indian economy airline stopping in Mumbai) Nice aircraft to Mumbai then crap old 737 to BKK but good service, food ok too.
    Choice would be pay around 500 sterling and go EVA Air or Thai Airways from London.
    From Manchester Qatar Airways is really good and handy with Ryan or Air Fungus.

I have been going to BKK three times a year, for years. Pricing varies day to day so keep checking daily till you get what you want. a 2k flight today may be 500 tomorrow.
    I have seen the Air Asia offers but have yet been unable to find flights at or even near the advertised prices.

since Etihad moved into Dublin a few years ago with 3 flights a week and now 7 or more I personally favour them even for the few bob more. Problem with UK ones is that if your Ryan or whatever is delayed you miss your flight in UK also Luggage on and off twice. I like to check luggage here then collect in BKK not have to hawk it around.

Visa in BKK is 30 days free on arrival, if you want longer apply here in the Thai Consulate Dublin. You can get a 3 month visa for a small sum. actually they have a free visa promo on at the moment if you apply in Dub.

Hope this helps and enjoy your travels....................J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

jkelly85 wrote: »
    looking to go to thailand in oct any cheap fligths around or where is the best way to go thanks

Check out below connecting flight software. To get prices in Euro, type in "Dub" as sales city and away you go.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ipnface

alright johno,

blu-express were doing return flights from rome for 350 euro a while back. I bought them. Cheapest is on expedia.com usually if you wanna go direct from Dublin, although you'll need the use of an american credit card to buy off that site.

otherwise emirates from london.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

1st
    Etihad for DUB - BKK www.etihadairways.ie Around 500 - 800 euro return.
    Stops in Abu Dhabi for 2 hours. Very convienient , service second to none. Always my first choice. Book on thier website or sometimes cheaper on www.ebookers.ie

2nd
    Always a good deal here for flights from Dub. www.trailfinders.ie
    Select- Flights - Asia Usually around 600 euro return

3rd
    Fly to the uK on a cheepie (Ryan/AirFungus/BMI/Ect) then onward to BKK by any means from Manchester or London. Use www.ebookers.co.uk or www.kayak.co.uk to search for flights. Usually as low as 300 sterling return with Jet Airways (Indian economy airline stopping in Mumbai) Nice aircraft to Mumbai then crap old 737 to BKK but good service, food ok too.
    Choice would be pay around 500 sterling and go EVA Air or Thai Airways from London.
    From Manchester Qatar Airways is really good and handy with Ryan or Air Fungus.

I have been going to BKK three times a year, for years. Pricing varies day to day so keep checking daily till you get what you want. a 2k flight today may be 500 tomorrow.
    I have seen the Air Asia offers but have yet been unable to find flights at or even near the advertised prices.

since Etihad moved into Dublin a few years ago with 3 flights a week and now 7 or more I personally favour them even for the few bob more. Problem with UK ones is that if your Ryan or whatever is delayed you miss your flight in UK also Luggage on and off twice. I like to check luggage here then collect in BKK not have to hawk it around.

Visa in BKK is 30 days free on arrival, if you want longer apply here in the Thai Consulate Dublin. You can get a 3 month visa for a small sum. actually they have a free visa promo on at the moment if you apply in Dub.

thanks a million for that got return with jetair for 400 pound so happy out:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RadekPL

1st

I am flying Qatar Airways to BKK from Heathrow. To get to London I am taking BMI from Dublin and Aer Lingus on my way back. Do I have to pick up my luggage in London and then check it in again at Qatar gate (same story going back) or would it go all the way to Bangkok from Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Superjet701

If legs booked seperatly yes you do have to collect luggage an check it in again. London, Paris, Amsterdam etc then onto the long haul. I dont think you can get around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Joyce Country

bump :) heading in april - anyone know any airlines with sales on flying to bangkok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

got a great deal from KLM, 500 quid, booked a few months ago, but worth checking out what offers they have now

Advertisement