Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheeky bugger

• 31-07-2009 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

Was just at the supermarket and the bloke in front of me in the check out had a huge bag full of individual bottles of beer. He starts putting a few of them on the conveyor belt one by one and the much agitated girl at the till tells him stop as theres a huge queue behind him, swipes through one and asks him how many he has?

He tells her 24, (there was at least another 10 or 12) He knew exactly what he was doing.

Credit crunch beating tip:P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Robbery, your no.1 credit crunch beating tip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

ha ha god loves a chancer.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Deadly, I'm off to tesco for beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

Jaysus I woulda said 12..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭villager

ha ha god loves a chancer.

that is theft..... and no not everyone loves a chancer..... sorry thief

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

villager wrote: »

He never said everyone did..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

**** it, fair play to him if he has the neck to do it and the luck to get away with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Cheeky but in all fairness she should be doing her job properly. I blame her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

and no not everyone loves a chancer....

Everyone who counts loves a chancer. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Way to be a kill joy. :P
    We all know god loves, and rewards those in life who take a chance or two with lifetime membership to the lesbian cloud and ice cream cloud in heaven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

. Why would he use a bag as opposed to a trolley? Im thinking he knew how it would play out. The worst that could happen is that he pays for all the beers

They do ask you not use bags in supermarkets though. I've seen people being stopped in Dunnes before and asked to put their items in a basket while they were shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

Delighted for him. Tesco have been robbin the Irish public for years, its about time they got a taste of their own medicine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

He might have been dyslexic...there are lots of dyslexic alcololics out there. They drink to forget they can't count...and then they end up thinking they've only had two or three and are ratarsed.

It's a very sad condition, I think Ghandi suffered from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

falipo wrote: »
    Jaysus I woulda said 12..
    Ah but you see if you go to far you'll get caught. Can't be to greedy like. He was right on the limit going 12 bottle over.

TheZohan wrote: »

Whatever happened to him? He made one good film and we never heard from him again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Was just at the supermarket and the bloke in front of me in the check out had a huge bag full of individual bottles of beer. He starts putting a few of them on the conveyor belt one by one and the much agitated girl at the till tells him stop as theres a huge queue behind him, swipes through one and asks him how many he has?

He tells her 24, (there was at least another 10 or 12) He knew exactly what he was doing.

but...you havent told us how many he had in reality! you say 'a few' and then...'at least another 10 or 12'

if he said 24 to the girl, how do you know he wasnt actually OVERCHARGING himself? :pac:

@ anonoboy

the fame got to him and he couldnt be bothered.. just sat on his arse all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

oh im so sorry did i offend you get a life it was a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

Delighted for him. Tesco have been robbin the Irish public for years, its about time they got a taste of their own medicine!

Eh how exactly? Tesco provide a service..they name their price. If they were leaving a bottle or two out of every 24 bottle crate, and it was brought up on AH you can be sure they wouldnt be congratulated on it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Whatever happened to him? He made one good film and we never heard from him again.

He used to drink so much he suffered terribly from the fear.

He used to go missing for days on end, swearing blindly that he'd never drink or eat again.

I think he might have had a bit part in Slumdog Millionaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

He used to drink so much he suffered terribly from the fear.

He used to go missing for days on end, swearing blindly that he'd never drink or eat again.

I think he might have had a bit part in Slumdog Millionaire.

Why am i being brought up in this conversation?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Nice to know there were no shops robbing people here before Tesco arrived.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

ScumLord wrote: »
    Ah but you see if you go to far you'll get caught. Can't be to greedy like. He was right on the limit going 12 bottle over.

Nah ! can't agree - This chappie sounds like a right smart ar$ed cnunt.

Supermarket girl made one fatal mistake...admittedly very common in Ireland..she took on the customers problem.

Why should it bother her if people have to wait because of this guys selfishness ?

me? I would have scanned each bottle s l o w l e y - an maybe engineered a tally roll problem an let the cnunt get the full range of baleful stares from the waiting customers.

Then checked with management that single botle purchases were allowable.

Really hate people who think this sort of thing is smart....it's like the fookin developers take what you can get away with ..only on a smaller scale.

Thats what i thinks anyways...so i do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

mind your language old boy

Nah ! can't agree - This chappie sounds like a right smart ar$ed cnunt.

Supermarket girl made one fatal mistake...admittedly very common in Ireland..she took on the customers problem.

Why should it bother her if people have to wait because of this guys selfishness ?

me? I would have scanned each bottle s l o w l e y - an maybe engineered a tally roll problem an let the cnunt get the full range of baleful stares from the waiting customers.

Then checked with management that single botle purchases were allowable.

Really hate people who think this sort of thing is smart....it's like the fookin developers take what you can get away with ..only on a smaller scale.

Thats what i thinks anyways...so i do

I cant begin to tell you whats wrong with that... do you work in a supermarket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I have seen someone doing similar to that. Here's how to get free McDonald's, genius!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27NX_MMIkLY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Cheeky but in all fairness she should be doing her job properly. I blame her.
    i blame society.

and his parents for bringing up such a scally.

and god for making him with enough free will to be a chancer. oh, and for being imaginary too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

We'll all be made to feel sorry for the thieving pisshead when we see his jaundiced face on the front of some tabloid, when his family's trying to put the squeeze on some donor's next of kin for a new liver.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 rightso

there are lots of dyslexic alcololics out there. They drink to forget they can't count...and then they end up thinking they've only had two or three and are ratarsed.

Most of them are here on Baords..

Don't talk to me about that lad, he'll swing for anyone after a few (when he loses count)

Ah go on pal....force yourself.

No I don't work in a Supermarket but I have a very senior position in the FMCG area.

I sometimes shop in Supermarkets..when little Conchita is not feeling up to it.

Now ..your point ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

The lad is a thief, he deliberately took what did not belong to him. There is not really much more to say

oldyouth wrote: »
    The lad is a thief, he deliberately took what did not belong to him. There is not really much more to say

Too right pal...it's not the actual deed that grinds my gears it's the attitude of these fcuks.

The attitude that ..do it if you feel you can get away with it...the same fooks and their fellow travellers are probaly.

Dole cheats

tax dodgers

Welfare scroungers

Insurance fraudsters'

The kind of coonts who go on expensive foreighn holidays..overlook getting any form of insurance....an expect the |Irish taxpayer to bail them out.....when things go wrong.

Really hate them fookoos..:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Schism wrote: »
    **** it, fair play to him if he has the neck to do it .

He has 36 of 'em......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

He wouldnt have got away with that in Dunnes... The checkout girl would have called for a price check then waddled off to get the legendary 'key' then counted all the bottles painstakingly while chatting away to the girl at the next till about last nights corrie.
    Anyhows fair dues to him- Tescos have closed down sh*tloads of small Irish businesses over the years and charged us more for the same goods than the uk for years so balls to em:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Please do begin to tell us what is wrong with charging the customer correctly for the goods they are buying.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I honestly don't understand why the girl told him to stop putting the bottles on the belt?? If he had had a trolley full of crap would she have told him to just guess the total value of the items so as not to delay the other customers? And what was the OP doing looking into the guy's bag to count his beers? This doesn't add up. I call shenanigans.

Advertisement