Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerkros cosyman problem

Options
  • 31-07-2009 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hello all,

I have a Gerkros cosyman Kerosene burner out the back garden. I switched it on a few days ago just to keep it ticking over before the winter hits. I click the switch to ON but it doesnt fire up, not even a sound coming from the burner. There is still half a tank of kerosene left.
    Any ideas guys:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I dont sorry and Gerkross have gone as far as Im know. But on the plus side it sounds like a simple burner problem and if I remember correctly they use the riello burner so you should be fine for parts,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

I thinks its a Ecoflam?

Here are some pics

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ugz0c0.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/fei5uq.jpg

There are some buttons & dials, could any of these possibly reset the system.

Ill definitly have to get a pro in to service it ( over 3 years since its last service ) Any idea of the price/ charges for a basic service?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

no noise at all?

See the grey control box on the top right of picture one? the temperture control is there. unscrew the timble type thing to the right of control knob, push down on white nib. This is over heat thermostat reset, it may be this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

If you have a roomstat check to see if it set high enough to compensate for high ambient temp.

Thanks lads, Ill have a look asap. :)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the input lads.

aujopimur - your a star, The thermo was set at 16 c so I swithched it up to 28 and bingo, the burner came to life, Cheers:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Glad to be of assistance

Advertisement