Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body tent - Disposable item?

• 31-07-2009 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

I am watching the news about various crimes this evening. Just curious about the following: Is the small square tent placed over a scene of crime or a body, a disposable item or washed and used again?

I would guess that the white protective suits are disposed of, just curious about those little tents.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Amalgam wrote: »
    I am watching the news about various crimes this evening. Just curious about the following: Is the small square tent placed over a scene of crime or a body, a disposable item or washed and used again?

I would guess that the white protective suits are disposed of, just curious about those little tents.

Reused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Reduce, Re-use , Recycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭djtechnics1210

All those tents hold the rank of detective tents!!!!After 30 years of service. The tents are given a pension and spend the rest of their retired days working as 2/3 man tents!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

...or they could team up with a wigwam, look worried, chain smoke and then, at the end of an unlikely scenario, doctors can tell them "you're two tents". geddit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭ivabiggon

deadwood wrote: »
    ... "you're two tents". geddit?

so so camp!!!
    i'm awning at that one.......;)

• Advertisement

deadwood wrote: »
    ...or they could team up with a wigwam, look worried, chain smoke and then, at the end of an unlikely scenario, doctors can tell them "you're two tents". geddit?
    ivabiggon wrote: »
    so so camp!!!
    i'm awning at that one.......;)

I would suggest putting this into the humour forum but they are just so lame. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭ivabiggon

maybe you should try pitch an owl gag there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

ivabiggon wrote: »
    maybe you should try pitch an owl gag there
    Who, two wits? to who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭boomer_ie

Reused

Not being involved in anything like this i dont know the correct answer, I did hear on another forum that some of the UK police forces get rid of them after a single use due to the risk of cross contamination althought I have wondered how true this is due to the cost involved in acquiring these tents.

Advertisement