Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad hair job - what can I do?

Options
  • 31-07-2009 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

I got my hair stripped, bleached and coloured. The whole process took just short of 5 hours. When I got home straight away my OH noticed something weird and asked if I'd got it cut but I hadn't, no-one came near me with a scissors.

Problem is a lot of my hair is missing. It seems to have come off in clumps . Not the whole hair, just the ends. It's very patchy. The hairdresser warned my that my hair, being so dark, might not get as light in colour as I wanted but nobody said it could fall out/get burned off/whatever happened. And none of the stylists said anything about it before I left the salon.

What are the salons obligations here and are they under obligation to fix it? I paid €160 for what I had done and that's a lot of money to pay when half of my hair is gone.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Get before and after photos together tonight and go to another salon tomorrow to get an opinion , ideally from an experienced hairdresser known to you OR a friend .

Too many chemicals would be the conclusion . You probably do have a case but you will need photos taken and lodged with your solicitor as soon as possible ,

also keep lots of samples of the hair for testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Was your hair previously dyed a darker color?

This is a really harsh process, basically guaranteed to get some breakage. Your are lucky it isn't further up the hair shaft.

But you should have been warned, you have had at least peroxide treatments on the same piece of hair and it has just given way.

Advertisement