Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Arena PC Suite Error Code.

• 31-07-2009 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Hi gang, was trying to install the PC suite for my new toy, and just as the installation was completing, an error code came up (0x000FFF), saying it was catastrophic, and installation would cease. Problem is, I can't rip any music onto the phone, without the PC suite. Any suggestions?

Edit: anybody else having this problem, or know how to get around it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭-osborne-

use bluetooth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Good thinkin batman. Now why didn't I think of that???

Hi gang, was trying to install the PC suite for my new toy, and just as the installation was completing, an error code came up (0x000FFF), saying it was catastrophic, and installation would cease. Problem is, I can't rip any music onto the phone, without the PC suite. Any suggestions?

Edit: anybody else having this problem, or know how to get around it?

Sorry all, had the wrong error code there. What it says is: Error Number: 0x8000FFF. Description: Catastrophic Failure. And man is it annoying. Can't do a thing with the phone sync as a result. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I don't have an Arena...but on my Viewty Smart I get a number of options when I plug the USB cable in. One of them is "Mass storage".

Assuming the Arena is the same, select this, and you should get 1 or 2 disks set up in Windows Explorer...one for the phone memory, and one for the memory card, if you have one in there.

Drag-n-drop your music to wherever you want to store it (probably under /Sounds), and away you go.

bonkey wrote: »
    I don't have an Arena...but on my Viewty Smart I get a number of options when I plug the USB cable in. One of them is "Mass storage".

Assuming the Arena is the same, select this, and you should get 1 or 2 disks set up in Windows Explorer...one for the phone memory, and one for the memory card, if you have one in there.

Drag-n-drop your music to wherever you want to store it (probably under /Sounds), and away you go.

Nice one mate. Have only had the chance to sort it out now. Was trying to be over- complicated with my solution, but your solution has sorted it. Once again, nice one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement