Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem with my navara

• 31-07-2009 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

hi people, iv a strange vibration noise comin from my 02 navara when i drive it at 55mph, its just had a full service and new doe and they didnt pick up on it, it seems to be comin fron the body some where , theres no vibration at the sheering wheel, at first i thought it was wind vibration off the back canopy as it dose really sound like it, any ideas??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

55mph is the prime speed for wheel balancing to show up.

Does it go away if you go faster, well lets say on a private airfield ;)

Failing that would you have bent a propshaft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 haranscaffoldn

ya ill get it balanced and see if that helps, what would be involved if it was the prop-shaft and would it cost much?? someone also said it could be a torque pump?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Is it an automatic? I never heard of a torque pump before, torque converters are in automatics but i cannot see this causing a vibration

I say get it balanced and come back if you still have problems, if it is the shaft (which is unlikely) it could be dear enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 haranscaffoldn

Slidey wrote: »
    Is it an automatic? I never heard of a torque pump before, torque converters are in automatics but i cannot see this causing a vibration

I say get it balanced and come back if you still have problems, if it is the shaft (which is unlikely) it could be dear enough
    no its manual, ya ill get it balanced, cheers

Advertisement