Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course Entry at UCD

Options
  • 31-07-2009 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,
    Im new to the forum and this is my first post. I am hoping to gain entry to Science (minimum - 300 points) at UCD. I have predicted that I will gain approximately 360 points. However I have noticed that on the UCD website it states that the 2008 CAO average points were 400. https://myucd.ucd.ie/program.do?programID=71.

What does this mean? Does it mean that 300 points arent enough and if I gain 360 do you think it is likely I will be accepted. Thanks very much for any replies.

Kind regards
    Patrick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

It means that the average was 400 and the minimum was 300? :confused:

It's fairly straightforward really. It means that the average student going in would have had 400 points whereas the student who got in on the lowest level of points got 300. Don't you need maths for science?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 beautifulmeath

yeah, it simply means that most of the people who did it last year got arond 400 points, but of course people got in with 300. 360 is about slap-bang perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I did the course and found that a good few people I met in my first year had hoped to do medicine or some other high point course and didn't quite make it in. As such, their very high points boosted the average :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 paddy54321

I did the course and found that a good few people I met in my first year had hoped to do medicine or some other high point course and didn't quite make it in. As such, their very high points boosted the average :)

Oh ok thats reassuring. Did you meet anyone who achieved less points than 360 and was accepted? Do you think 360 is high enough to guarantee entry? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Science has been as low as 280 in the last few years. I reckon you'll be fine with 360.

• Advertisement
Advertisement