Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pet papers problum

Options
  • 31-07-2009 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

having a little problum with papers for our puppy. we got him 4 months ago and the breader said she would send on the papers but they never came. we got back in touch with her and she said she made a mistake in the papers and had to resend them but they still havent come and now i cant get in contact with the breader. just wondering is there any way i can find out if they ever sent off the papers to the kennel club or where do i stand.

any help would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I know the lady I bought my pup off did genuinely forget to send off the papers but when I got back onto her she sent them off the next day and texted me to let me know she did.
    You could ring the IKC maybe?
    Is the breeders phone off or just not answering/returning your calls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Harris

I would suggest driving back to the place you bought her - the breeder's house. Unless she met you somewhere with the pup, in which case......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭looserock

If you know the names of both parents you can check with the kennel club if they have received an application to register pups from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

Oldest trick in the book, 'I'll send on the papers to you'. Though this did happen with me and the breeder was genuine. Your situaton sounds very suspicious though, go back to her house. Please tell me you didn't 'meet her halfway', an even worse trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 macawalla

the did seam genuine and the first time i rang they answerwed and were helpfull. i met them in there house but its a 5 hour drive there so i wana see if there is anything else i can do before i go. there phone just rings out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭looserock

Its pretty normal these days with the microchipping usually being done at six weeks for papers to be delayed, and if they were sent back and resent you're pup could be 5 months before you get the paperwork.

Advertisement