Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

filter brand recommendations

• 31-07-2009 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭

I recently had the misfortune to have a polarising filter stuck on a lens - after much effort to get it off i broke the front element of the filter leaving the threaded ring firmly in place on the lens it took considerable efforts after this to remove it - however in the end i got it off!!

please dont try this at home!!

filter.jpg

this was a hoya filter does anyone recommend any other brand ???
    :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I know plenty of people like to use nice expensive B+W filters...

But I use cheap as chips Massa filters (cheap as in 4 euro for a 72mm UV filter) - does the job of protecting against sea spray, water, and flying sand...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

B+W and Hoya would be good choices for round filters. Lee and Singh Ray are recommended for rectangular filters.

Generally you pay for quality, I probably wouldn't pay a huge amount for a UV filter, but when it comes to CPL/ND/GND filters I'd go for the above. I'm still actually saving for some myself at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i had a couple of ring type circular polarisers, think B&W and hoya actually

but then bought a lee one, man there is a huge difference

the lee knocks the pants off the ones i had before

BUT its a silly ammount of money it cost me 180 euros + holder thingy etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭thefizz

I'd recommend B&W and Heliopan.

Advertisement