Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nc10 netbook on sale in argos now for 329

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

seems like a bargain, smells like a bargain but isnt really as the battery is below par so i'm told. They are a lower capacity 2200mha battery - with about 3 hour battery life. This would account for the difference in price from the average "bricks and mortar" price

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/447412/samsung-np-nc10-ka06uk-netbook-just/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

is it on sale or will this be the regular price fromnow on I wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SSeanSSS

It says
    • Free 3 Mobile Broadband.

Does this actually mean there is free internet with this netbook? and if there is how long would it be free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

To anyone considering this, i'd strongly recommend(And i'm sure most others would as well) gettin the 6 cell battery one for not a lot more, from a reputable online store. This could be handy though just to try it out, when you can be sure in the knowledge Argos will take it back:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

didn't notice it was a different battery

• Advertisement

didn't notice it was a different battery

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055620992

This thread is worth a look too. Sounds like theres a replacement on the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Zonda999 wrote: »
    To anyone considering this, i'd strongly recommend(And i'm sure most others would as well) gettin the 6 cell battery one for not a lot more, from a reputable online store. This could be handy though just to try it out, when you can be sure in the knowledge Argos will take it back:)

Are you sure Argos will take it back? Usually things like this are excluded from their money back deal.

bmaxi wrote: »
    Are you sure Argos will take it back? Usually things like this are excluded from their money back deal.

Oh, maybe it is. Its just usually Argos have a very good returns policy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭m4rkiz

is it on sale or will this be the regular price fromnow on I wonder

if you check @argos.co.uk - they say that:
    Current selling price valid until 11/08/2009

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Makes a change!
    No difference in UK £279.99 (@.85 = €329)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Makes a change!
    No difference in UK £279.99 (@.85 = €329)

That is because prices, on the whole, will be on the rise in Britain due to the weakness of Sterling. Don't forget, a Samsung laptop is an import into Britain too, just like to the €urozone so the value of sterling is very relevant. The days of very cheap prices for the UK were and will be short lived, they only really occurred because most chain shops would have already lined up seasons of orders based on a previous value of sterling. Now that those contracts are running out they will be buying at a much higher price... the cost of all imports in the UK will be going up as a consequence over the coming months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Zonda999 wrote: »

NOT anymore they won't. Read the small print in the catalogue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

SSeanSSS wrote: »
    It says
    • Free 3 Mobile Broadband.

Does this actually mean there is free internet with this netbook? and if there is how long would it be free?

Wondering that myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭serarra

I would say they give you the adapter for free, the usb dongle.
    But you still need a 3 sim card with a data plan and pay for that.

What you are saving is only the dongle (but three is already giving you the dongle for free with a contract of 18 months,20€ per month, data allowance 15Gb) For prepay they charge you 69€, and pay only what you use I think, but with a max of 10Gb per month.
    So, if any, you would be saving those 69€

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭NellyMcD

serarra wrote: »
    I would say they give you the adapter for free, the usb dongle.
    But you still need a 3 sim card with a data plan and pay for that.

What you are saving is only the dongle (but three is already giving you the dongle for free with a contract of 18 months,20€ per month, data allowance 15Gb) For prepay they charge you 69€, and pay only what you use I think, but with a max of 10Gb per month.
    So, if any, you would be saving those 69€

So, can you get a 'pay as you go' type sim, some credit and you are up and running? No contract, no 69 euro up front?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭serarra

NellyMcD wrote: »
    So, can you get a 'pay as you go' type sim, some credit and you are up and running? No contract, no 69 euro up front?
    Not sure, as I'm saying, it could just be the same offer than three, and would only be free if you go on bill pay with 18 months.
    BUT it could be that they give it the modem completely free and you only need the prepay card. Very possible, but will have to check the conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭NellyMcD

Tried the 3 mobile 'helpline'. The lady didn't seem to understand what I was talking about. I'll check a 3 mobile shop , when I get a moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Laxie

3 have THE WORST customer service!! There are threads all over boards regarding them. When I queried this with one of their local sales reps, even HE said he had difficulty with them over the phone. Getting landed into an 18 month contract for the sake of saving €69...well, you'll get what you pay for.

I've a NC10 and am still researching the best option for it, but 3 has definitely been scratched off the list. Will post when I find alternatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

I went into Argos in Stephens Green to ask about the 'Free' Broandband. At first I was told by customer service that it wasn't broadband just a usb cable. Then when I showed them the page and asked did they know if you had to sign up with Three for a bill contract or was it Prepay etc they went off to check it out with I assume was a manager and came back saying "Sorry but we don't know".

I explained that the laptop was excluded from their 14 day money back return so I couldn't even just buy it and then check out the broadband offer and they both just said sorry again. Madness.

JustinOval on the
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055641407 thread has bought one and he may know the answer by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Laxie

Have done all the searching around and decided to go with Vodafone in the end. I'm taking a 12 month contract for €19.99 a month and have a choice of two dongles. One is free and the other costs €29.99. You have a 10gb limit with the monthly contract and are charged for anything over the limit at .02 per mb. They also have a pay as you go option, but the dongle costs more and you only get 500mb for every €5.

http://www.vodafone.ie/mobilebroadband/?ts=1250112706465

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

If anyone is considering buying one of these or has bought one already; have a word with the manager,
    the 'free 3 broadband' offer is an error and should have only been on Argos.co.uk and in the UK catalogues,
    this may leave some room for negotiation - the offer is worth £19.99 in UK.

Argos can't offer the USB stick here as they don't stock them, try for a bag or something of the same value (€23ish) ;)

The battery is 2200mah (3 cell) and good for around 2 1/2 hours, depending on usage.

Advertisement