Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriend's birthday coming up

• 31-07-2009 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey there.

My girlfriend's birthday is coming up. We're going out a few months. What would be a suitable present to get her (age26). Mainly, I don't want to freak her out with too lavish a present. Or get her something unwanted.

I'm useless at buying presents, even at xmas.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Gman1

I know what you mean i am the same. My gfs birthday is soon. So I need help too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

If its still early days I generally try to stick with something you'd get a friend, DVD boxset, concert tickets etc. put a bit of thought into it though , think back is there anything that she mentioned in passing that she'd like but wouldnt buy for herself ? Some concert she was looking to go to but couldnt get itckets (try toutless if thats the case).

If you want to put a bit of a romantic touch with it then maybe some flowers too ? That can be interpreted a couple of ways though depending on the woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭tannytantans

How many months is a few??

I'd second the idea of concert tickets for the two of ye - I can never justify spending so much for them myself so love when I get them as gifts!

And maybe take her out for dinner also. Doesn't have to be anywhere too fancy but just make a bit of a fuss - it'll be much appreciated :D

Advertisement