Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

banks in ireland funny story

• 31-07-2009 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Heres a story that will make you realise how badly run the banks are in this country, instead of going after the guys who put us in this mess, this is what they do:
    True Story Reported in the Irish Times recently; Only in Ireland !!!! Be sure and cancel your credit cards before you die!
    This is so priceless And so easy to see happening - customer service, being what it is today!

A lady died this past September, and MBNA bank billed her for October and November for their annual service charges on her credit card, and Then added late fees and interest on the monthly charge. The balance that had been E0.00, now is somewhere around E60.00.

A family member placed a call to the MBNA Bank:

Family Member: 'I am calling to tell you that she died in January.'

MBNA: 'The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply.'

Family Member: 'Maybe, you should turn it over to collections.'

MBNA: 'Since it is two months past due, it already has been.'

Family Member: So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?'

MBNA: 'Either report her account to the frauds division or report her to The credit bureau, maybe both!'

Family Member: 'Do you think God will be mad at her?'

MBNA: 'Excuse me?'

Family Member: 'Did you just get what I was telling you . . The part about her Being dead?'

MBNA: 'Sir, you'll have to speak to my supervisor.' Supervisor gets on the phone:

Family Member: 'I'm calling to tell you, she died in January.'

Family Member: 'You mean you want to collect from her estate?'

MBNA: (Stammer) 'Are you her lawyer?'

Family Member: 'No, I'm her great nephew.' (Lawyer info given)

MBNA: 'Could you fax us a certificate of death?'

Family Member: 'Sure.' ( fax number is given ) After they get the fax:

MBNA: 'Our system just isn't set up for death. I don't know what more I Can do to help.'

Family Member: 'Well, if you figure it out, great! If not, you could just keep billing Her. I don't think she will care.'

MBNA: 'Well, the late fees and charges do still apply.'

Family Member: 'Would you like her new billing address?

' MBNA: 'That might help.'

Family Member: ' Glasnevin Cemetry, Finglas Road , Dublin 11, Ireland , Plot Number 1049.

' MBNA: 'Sir, that's a cemetery!'

Family Member: 'Well, what the **** do you do with dead people on your planet?

' MBNA were not available for comment when a reporter from the Irish Times rang.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Banks are *****:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

camero wrote: »
    Heres a story that will make you realise how badly run the banks are in this country, instead of going after the guys who put us in this mess, this is what they do: True Story Reported in the Irish Times recently; Only in Ireland !!!! Be sure and cancel your credit cards before you die! This is so priceless And so easy to see happening - customer service, being what it is today! A lady died this past September, and MBNA bank billed her for October and November for their annual service charges on her credit card, and Then added late fees and interest on the monthly charge. The balance that had been E0.00, now is somewhere around E60.00. A family member placed a call to the MBNA Bank: Family Member: 'I am calling to tell you that she died in January.' MBNA: 'The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply.' Family Member: 'Maybe, you should turn it over to collections.' MBNA: 'Since it is two months past due, it already has been.' Family Member: So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?' MBNA: 'Either report her account to the frauds division or report her to The credit bureau, maybe both!' Family Member: 'Do you think God will be mad at her?' MBNA: 'Excuse me?' Family Member: 'Did you just get what I was telling you . . The part about her Being dead?' MBNA: 'Sir, you'll have to speak to my supervisor.' Supervisor gets on the phone: Family Member: 'I'm calling to tell you, she died in January.' MBNA: 'The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply.' Family Member: 'You mean you want to collect from her estate?' MBNA: (Stammer) 'Are you her lawyer?' Family Member: 'No, I'm her great nephew.' (Lawyer info given) MBNA: 'Could you fax us a certificate of death?' Family Member: 'Sure.' ( fax number is given ) After they get the fax: MBNA: 'Our system just isn't set up for death. I don't know what more I Can do to help.' Family Member: 'Well, if you figure it out, great! If not, you could just keep billing Her. I don't think she will care.' MBNA: 'Well, the late fees and charges do still apply.' Family Member: 'Would you like her new billing address?' MBNA: 'That might help.' Family Member: ' Glasnevin Cemetry, Finglas Road , Dublin 11, Ireland , Plot Number 1049.' MBNA: 'Sir, that's a cemetery!' Family Member: 'Well, what the **** do you do with dead people on your planet?' MBNA were not available for comment when a reporter from the Irish Times rang.

Oh dear god! GAPS MARGRET! GAPS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

thatisdifficulttoread,ithurtsmyeyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Heres a story . . .

That story so old it has a bus pass. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Deadly story. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Can't blame them, I always tell the credit card company I'm dead when they phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

MY EYES!!!!THE GOGGLES THEY DO NOTHING!!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭camero

i cant put in spaces can you delete this thread mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

what happened next what happened next:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

i cant put in spaces can you delete this thread mod

I think you'll find it a lot less effort to just edit it.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

icantputinspacescanyoudeletethisthreadmod

What?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Why did they keep lying about the date of death?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

That wasnt at all funny.

Man getting hit by football however...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

MBNA is not an Irish Bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Gator wrote: »
    MBNA is not an Irish Bank

Isn't that Barack Mbna. the US president?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Heres a story that will make you realise how badly run the banks are in this country, instead of going after the guys who put us in this mess, this is what they do:
    True Story Reported in the Irish Times recently; Only in Ireland !!!! Be sure and cancel your credit cards before you die!
    This is so priceless And so easy to see happening - customer service, being what it is today!

A lady died this past
    September, and MBNA bank billed her for October and November for their annual service charges on her credit card, and Then added late fees and interest on the monthly charge. The balance that had been E0.00, now is somewhere around E60.00.

A family member placed a call to the MBNA Bank:

Family Member: 'I am calling to tell you that she died in January.'

Family Member: 'Maybe, you should turn it over to collections.'

MBNA: 'Since it is two months past due, it already has been.'

Family Member: So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?'

MBNA: 'Either report her account to the frauds division or report her to The credit bureau, maybe both!'

Family Member: 'Do you think God will be mad at her?'

MBNA: 'Excuse me?'

Family Member: 'Did you just get what I was telling you . . The part about her Being dead?'

MBNA: 'Sir, you'll have to speak to my supervisor.' Supervisor gets on the phone:

Family Member: 'I'm calling to tell you, she died in January.'

Family Member: 'You mean you want to collect from her estate?'

MBNA: (Stammer) 'Are you her lawyer?'

Family Member: 'No, I'm her great nephew.' (Lawyer info given)

MBNA: 'Could you fax us a certificate of death?'

Family Member: 'Sure.' ( fax number is given ) After they get the fax:

MBNA: 'Our system just isn't set up for death. I don't know what more I Can do to help.'

Family Member: 'Well, if you figure it out, great! If not, you could just keep billing Her. I don't think she will care.'

MBNA: 'Well, the late fees and charges do still apply.'

Family Member: 'Would you like her new billing address?

' MBNA: 'That might help.'

Family Member: ' Glasnevin Cemetry, Finglas Road , Dublin 11, Ireland , Plot Number 1049.

' MBNA: 'Sir, that's a cemetery!'

Family Member: 'Well, what the **** do you do with dead people on your planet?

' MBNA were not available for comment when a reporter from the Irish Times rang.
    Just in case, no one picked out this gem...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

el_weirdo wrote: »
    Just in case, no one picked out this gem...

She was obviously dead but she wouldn't lie down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

I find this hard to believe as all banks have a deceased accounts process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Doesnt sound like its Irish at all. No one says sir on the phone here. Well not to me anyway :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Also:

Link to the "Irish Times" report?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

This is about as true as a 17 year old being mistaken for someone famous by MTV while they were walking around oxegen and being interviewed by them about their music before being let into the VIP area

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement