Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What DO I DO? ASAP!

Options
  • 31-07-2009 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Theres a huge seagull in my garden. He is hurt and can't fly, frightened the life from me, as I let my Westie out. What will I do with him?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

WindSock wrote: »
    Theres a huge seagull in my garden. He is hurt and can't fly, frightened the life from me, as I let my Westie out. What will I do with him?

Get a towel, wrap him in it, holding him tightly around his wings. If you have a pet carrier, place a bowl of water and some bird seed in it and keep him in there until he gets stronger, or until you get you Westie in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yeah I'd think the towel wrapping tightly might be a good idea to keep it from getting away. But obviously you'll have to be careful not to damage it further
    Windsock just an option - would you like me to move this to nature/birdwatching? (or even check out their forum might have some helpful hints?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I was told to put some food out for him and he might get stronger in a few hours and fly off. It's a bit windy out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

star-pants wrote: »
    Windsock just an option - would you like me to move this to nature/birdwatching? (or even check out their forum might have some helpful hints?)

Oh yeah, forgot about that place. Good idea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Put a copy in there for you.
    Yeah hopefully it'll be able to eat. With it wrapped and in a safe place it might calm down a bit

• Advertisement
Advertisement