Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [mod warning #11145, #32140 (see OP)]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Aquillani in at 20m and Poulson in at 8m with Lucas out at 6m and Alonso out at 30m could be on the cards if the Lucas rumours are true...

I'd prefer Defour to Poulsen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    Nah I'll tell.

The gooner is wrong. Just because it happened at United doesn't mean it'll happen here.

We'll spend, very quickly I'd imagine too.

Wrong again we did spend anyway back on topic
    Liverpool are interested in poulsen who cost juve only 9m, so servicing the debt sounds right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Bye Bye Xabi you will be missed. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

stolen from bigron1892 on IrishKop.com but could this be one of the problems with Aquilani's injuries...
    The rumblings began at the end of last year despite the fantastic finish and a thieved scudetto. Little was paid attention because things were on the up and the future only seemed brighter. The system was evolving, the players acclimating and the team was thriving even with His Tottiness in street clothes.

But there was a certain anti-Spalletti faction that forecasted doom. That angrily chastised the team’s mentality, the lack of flexibility and the rash of injuries which were slowly growing - many of them the very same injury, a pattern not escaping the keen eye. There were the players - Juan specifically - who’d spent their entire career damn near injury-free but walked through the gate of the Fiumincino airport and magically morphed into glass. At the time it was a joke - he’d just taken Chivu’s spot in the medical room - but at this point the laughter is long over, because Juan has been joined on the sidelines by many. Aquilani, Vucinic and Menez are all looking ahead to 25 yet searching frantically for the fountain of youth. Cassetti, Tonetto, Taddei, Perrotta and, last year, Ferrari have all had their woes go under the radar, but they too have all suffered frequent sets of injuries. And there’s Totti - largely a victim of his own passion, but a man who turns up injured in training, like others, on a weekly basis.

And then Saturday came and it’s all been a bit much. Something has to change.
    i. I’ve been waiting to unleash this tirade all year, but the time has come so here goes…

The injury crisis is Spalletti’s fault. Sure, a great deal of luck is involved and the medical staff probably won’t be curing AIDS, cancer or the common cold anytime soon, but he’s the main culprit.

His training methods have been decried for their draconian nature for a couple years now and we’re now seeing the consequences. When Ludovic Giuly exited stage Rome he left a trail of criticism as would a spurned lover, and though much of that was birthed from emotion, there was a great deal of truth in his missiles towards Spalletti’s training. Truths which were picked up by both Baptista and Riise as soon as they arrived in Rome. Two players who’ve played in the rough’n'tumble Premier League, an all-action league which you would think requires training to extremes. And yet they also found training beyond necessary at Trigoria. Training which has sent a cavalcade of the walking wounded to the medical tables from start to finish.

And though we can’t say these methods have remained throughout the year, Spalletti’s track record makes it safe to assume such - the man’s as flexible as marble. The same problems and solutions which arose during his first days have stood strong to where they remain today. It took quite a catastrophic injury crisis and the worst run of results in some years for Spalletti to transition formations - and ten weeks into the season at that.

And what does this mean for the players? And who will finally have enough and say, “**** it, I’m out”? After all bleeding for the shirt is one thing - but destroying one’s career is another entirely. Not every player is a born Roman.

You can’t run your players into the ground during midweek and expect to find them standing on the weekend. Athletes are human, not indestructible machines.

http://roma.theoffside.com/team-news...ems-mount.html

Headshot wrote: »
    Wrong again we did spend anyway back on topic
    Liverpool are interested in poulsen who cost juve only 9m, so servicing the debt sounds right

haha ... :D

Maths question :

80 -20 = ?

Where did the extra money go ?

It went towards the 82m a year United need to service their debts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yea, Alonso is gone as reported just there on SKY.

Im a united supporter, but i do dislike seeing the better calibre of players leaving the premiership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Aquillani in at 20m and Poulson in at 8m with Lucas out at 6m and Alonso out at 30m could be on the cards if the Lucas rumours are true...

There are no truth in the Lucas rumours from what I can see.

He was asked about Corinthians, by a Corinthians newspaper.
    He said that he doesn't decide where he will play next year, Rafa does, and that Rafa knows what he wants.

That can mean anything from Rafa knows I want to leave, to Rafa knows I want to stay, to Rafa knows I don't like green M&M's!!!

Lucas was just being diplomatic if anything.
    I wouldn't be surprissed if Lucas had left and Xabi stayed, but I'd be shocked if Rafa chose to sell two thirds of our cental midfielders in one window.

There are no truth in the Lucas rumours from what I can see.

He was asked about Corinthians, by a Corinthians newspaper.
    He said that he doesn't decide where he will play next year, Rafa does, and that Rafa knows what he wants.

That can mean anything from Rafa knows I want to leave, to Rafa knows I want to stay, to Rafa knows I don't like green M&M's!!!

Lucas was just being diplomatic if anything.
    I wouldn't be surprissed if Lucas had left and Xabi stayed, but I'd be shocked if Rafa chose to sell two thirds of our cental midfielders in one window.

He admitted to speaking to the Corinthians directors, why would he do that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Sky sports are saying weve made contact with Juve about Poulsen. **** sake. Dont rate that lad at all at all.

This money better not "service the debt".:mad:

haha ... :D

Maths question :

80 -20 = ?

Where did the extra money go ?

It went towards the 82m a year United need to service their debts.

wrong again
    Around 15m on valencia and we were prepared to pay plus 30m for benzema so we have money there but its a bad summer for buying, fergie is happy with the team

• Advertisement

Poor poster wrong again
    Around 15m on valencia and we were prepared to pay plus 30m for benzema so we have money there but its a bad summer for buying, fergie is happy with the team

There there ...

15m on Valencia, 5 on Obertan, Owen on a free. = 20m

You wouldn't have signed a 29 year old crock who hasn't had a good season since he left Liverpool if you had money to spend.

Oh and btw - **** off back to your own thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

fergie is happy with the team

Nobody exactly knows that.

Poor poster wrong again

But according to some reports we were going to spend £40 mill on Villa, so by your logic if we buy nobody, then Rafa is happy with the team!:rolleyes:

What's good for the goose......etc

You can't say Liverpool are in trouble for selling a player for £30,000,000 and being linked with a player for £9,000,000
    When Utd sold a player for £80,000,000 and replaced him for £15,000,000.

It's called a double standard.

Anway, Liverpool aren't buying Poulsen.
    His agent just wants to suggest we are.
    We've nevr been linked with him.

Aquilani will be a Liverpool player within a week IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

**** off back to your own thread.

reported.

the thing is, Headshot's actually speaking the truth. it's an awful summer to buy, and if fergie thinks he can make do until at least January, then he's damn right to do so.

SlickRic wrote: »
    reported.

the thing is, Headshot's actually speaking the truth. it's an awful summer to buy, and if fergie thinks he can make do until at least January, then he's damn right to do so.

But if Rafa did he wouldn't be?
    Which is pretty much what HS is suggesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The next 24 - 48 hours should be interesting. I expect at least two players to be announced as incoming, pending medicals.

When Utd sold a player for £80,000,000 and replaced him for £15,000,000.

Careful now.

There there ...

15m on Valencia, 5 on Obertan, Owen on a free. = 20m

You wouldn't have signed a 29 year old crock who hasn't had a good season since he left Liverpool if you had money to spend.

Oh and btw - **** off back to your own thread.

Im allowed to post in the liverpool thread as pool fans are allowed in the utd thread.
    Iv learned not to get roped in to arguments anyway back on topic

Does anyone know how poulsen went in italy,i thought he played well for seville

SlickRic wrote: »
    reported.

No need to say you reported that to be honest.

And hes not. If you actually believe Fergie is happy to loose Ronaldo and Tevez and only bring in Owen and Valencia then :rolleyes:

Dont be suprised if you see United spend big before the summers out. Fergie is a wily old fecker.

Sky Sports are running with this Poulsen thing alot. Really hope its not true. If we only bring in Aquilani il be disgusted. Hes not a patch on Xabi.

**** it anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Aqualini or Defour will be joining us with a 15-20 million pound profit on the Alonso deal.

Arbeloa gone for a few quid too as well as Leto & a couple of other fringe players.

Considering Rafa has already said we didn't need to sell to buy one more player, i suspect that there will be a 20m pound player joining us well as xabis replacement.

which will still leave us with a small net spend this summer and in very good shape for next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i missed the part where he suggested that.

but it would be different. our squad is thinner than utd's so there's more scope to believe they'd be happier than we are.

i don't think it'll matter. as you say, we'll have at least aquilani in a week i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm delighted this stage of the saga is over. I wish I could wish Xabi Alonso well, but I hold nothing but contempt for Real Madrid, so I'm afraid I cannot do that.

Now what would be nice is if Rafa wraps up his replacement ASAP.

Thank fcuk it's almost done.

Get the replacements in asap. £30m if we get it is fantastic money if Rafa gets to spend it, which I'm sure he will.

I'm not sure anyone on here can know if the money is being used to service debt or who we are gonna sign.

I think we have a few tabloid journalists on boards ;)

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Aqualini or Defour will be joining us with a 15-20 million pound profit on the Alonso deal.

Arbeloa gone for a few quid too as well as Leto & a couple of other fringe players.

Considering Rafa has already said we didn't need to sell to buy one more player, i suspect that there will be a 20m pound player joining us well as xabis replacement.

which will still leave us with a small net spend this summer and in very good shape for next year.

Well lets just say Rafa has about 15 million plus xabis transfer money thats 45 million to spend.

20 on Aquilani and then weve another 25 to possibly get Silva?(even though I think hes really overrated) Sounds more realistic.

We would get Villa for around 45 million imo. But cant really see it happening.

Jebus how did i suggest that ,iv never said a bad word against rafa, i mention debt and im attacked.

Interesting to note the money received with Rafa negotiating the price too. Nice to see us make a stand and not get bullied into selling at a lower price, which we all know would've happened if Parry was still running things!

joe123 wrote: »
    Well lets just say Rafa has about 15 million plus xabis transfer money thats 45 million to spend.

20 on Aquilani and then weve another 25 to possibly get Silva?(even though I think hes really overrated) Sounds more realistic.

it rarely works out the way people think it will, but the fee for Aqualini thats been quoted is 15.3m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

joe123 wrote: »

in all fairness though, you've just pulled that 15m out of the air!! i would be surprised if we spend more than 30m without selling another player

EDIT: i'd also be surprised if we got Aquilani for anything less than €20m (~£17m)

Jebus how did i suggest that ,iv never said a bad word against rafa, i mention debt and im attacked.

You're not being attacked, you mentioned Fergie and our debt, so a Liverpool poster mentioned Rafa and your debt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Poulsens name has yet to appear on a credible source (SNN/goal.com do not pass muster).

in all fairness though, you've just pulled that 15m out of the air!! i would be surprised if we spend more than 30m without selling another player

EDIT: i'd also be surprised if we got Aquilani for anything less than €20m

Im thinking the 15 million is from Rafas quote after we signed Johnson stating "we have money to buy one more player without selling anyone". Since then weve sold Arbeloa and a few reserves. So im reckoning he had about 12 million to spend plus arbeloas fee.

Something in around 15 million id estimate. Then add on Xabis fee. Im sure though some of this money will be taken by laurel and hardy to pay the banks.

It is funny though how you said that Liverpool are in trouble when you have no idea who'll be signed to replace Alonso.

And its made funnier when you don't think Utd are in any trouble after selling Tevez & Ronaldo (who scored the same amount of goals last year as Gerrard & Torres) and replaced them with Owen & Valencia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Am gutted....in mourning nearly.... but am not gonna hold it against Alonso. The guy has a new nipper and wanted to rare his family in Spain. I hope he has plenty more great years ahead of him and won't hold it against him and wish him all the best

Hoping El Nino and Pepe don't get any ideas too

Now go get 1 of Aquaman or Villa, thank you please

flanzer wrote: »

Now go get 1 of Aquaman or Villa, thank you please

Jese if it was a toss up between Aquilani and Villa I know which id prefer! I think people are really over rating Aquilani on here.

well, we need a midfielder not a world class striker! both would be nice, but if we can only have one i think i'd take the midfielder at the moment! :D

BBC reporting the fee as 34m. Thank Christ Parry is gone or we'd have gotten 5m and some reserve player!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Both Liverpool and Xabi acted with great restraint and dare I say style in this. Xabi didnt run whinging to the press and Liverpool while understanding the players wishes held firm to get a good price.

VERY sorry to see him go. .

well, we need a midfielder not a world class striker! both would be nice, but if we can only have one i think i'd take the midfielder at the moment! :D

BBC reporting the fee as 34m. Thank Christ Parry is gone or we'd have gotten 5m and some reserve player!

Well there is always the option of dropping Gerrard back to CM and putting Villa just behind Torres.

This is what Mark Wright thinks we should do. As he said that sort of strikeforce would strike fear into the premiership. Gerrard/Villa/Torres.

A good point he mentioned though was that if we did sign Villa over Aquilani that the club and fans would recieve a way bigger lift and boost in morale.

Anyways Aquilani PLUS someone else. A straight swap of Aquilani for Xabi would be a major step back imo.

We do need a striker I feel, not a world class one but one that can do a job if Torres gets injured. I'm still not convinced that Babel and Ngog could handle it.

A midfielder is of course priority.

I'll reserve judgement of Aqualini or any replacement until they have a month or 2 to settle into the side. I've seen very little of Aqualini, but my understanding is that comparing as a like for like is totally incorrect & impossible to do, but there is a thought that he would be more effective than Alonso when it comes to breaking teams down as he likes his surges into the box, so while perhaps not a identical replacement or "technically" as good, he may improve the team as a whole.

We shall have to wait & see.

I'm torn between him & Derfour tbh.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    We do need a striker I feel, not a world class one but one that can do a job if Torres gets injured. I'm still not convinced that Babel and Ngog could handle it.

i agree.

would love to sign John Carew.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

fee reports are all over the gaff

€25.5 in the spanish media apparently

i agree.

would love to sign John Carew.

Would be a great signing.

O Neill wouldn't sell Rafa a virus though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

25 million euro? LOL, the Madridista PR machine must be leaking nonsense out to be picked up on.

mike65 wrote: »
    25 million euro? LOL, the Madridsta PR machine must be leaking nonsense out to be picked up on.

well the official line is undisclosed, so someone either over or underpaid and both have agreed to shut up about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Sorry if it has already been posted but;

Goal.com Italy Slams Liverpool Target Aquilani As 'The New Dossena'

It's nice to know that I'm not mental as I always got the same impression watching the guy playing for Italy and Roma. I think we can do better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

DenMan wrote: »
    Hi lads

Arsenal fan here. Huge loss for Liverpool with the imminent sale of Alonso to Real. I think Liverpool's owners are very interested in the 30 mill rather than the loss of a player. You are very much in debt and a lot of that money will not be re-invested in players.

arsenal have far more debt according to sources

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

rossie1977 wrote: »

Arsenal don't spend ANY money and so can pay their debts :D

rarnes1 wrote: »

Helix wrote: »
    well the official line is undisclosed, so someone either over or underpaid and both have agreed to shut up about it
    Helix wrote: »
    fee reports are all over the gaff

€25.5 in the spanish media apparently

would this be Marca by any chance?;):P

considering offers of 30m were already rejected supposedly, i think everyone knows that'd be ****e.

Rafa is a stubborn ****er, i have no doubt he got the money he wants for him with the clown finally out of the way.

BBC >>>>>>> Marca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,747 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

rossie1977 wrote: »

Of course they have debt, they have a spanking new stadium to show for it though.

With Valencia in town, I'd guess there will be quite a few agents coming and going from the team hotel now!

the thing is that with him handing in a transfer request he forgoes his 10% of any transfer fee, so real might have reduced their offer by that 10% as soon as it went in

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement