Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [mod warning #11145, #32140 (see OP)]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I will message the camera man ;)

Too late jesus, too late :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Posted a link earlier from Reuters which said Carlsberg believed they'd be renewing the shirt sponsorship deal. Daily Mail running with a completely different story on it in tomorrows edition - that some bank named Standard Chartered (who ?) were ready to pay 15m per year for the deal. Naturally it would be great to be able to pull in that kind of money - however what I like about the likes of Carlsberg sponsoring shirts is that it's something the man in the street can connect to - the Aon's, AIG's, Standard Chartered's, etc.. of this world just don't give that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1204887/Liverpool-set-net-15m-shirt-sponsor-Banking-giants-frame-missing-United.html?ITO=1490

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

zing wrote: »
    Posted a link earlier from Reuters which said Carlsberg believed they'd be renewing the shirt sponsorship deal. Daily Mail running with a completely different story on it in tomorrows edition - that some bank named Standard Chartered (who ?) were ready to pay 15m per year for the deal. Naturally it would be great to be able to pull in that kind of money - however what I like about the likes of Carlsberg sponsoring shirts is that it's something the man in the street can connect to - the Aon's, AIG's, Standard Chartered's, etc.. of this world just don't give that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1204887/Liverpool-set-net-15m-shirt-sponsor-Banking-giants-frame-missing-United.html?ITO=1490

i really dont want to see that on a liverpool shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,145 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Looks like Hammill is all but gone to Barnsley
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_5476391,00.html

Bit pissed off with this tbh, he's developed so well over the past 2 years, i really would have liked him to become part of the senior setup. Looks more composed and confident on the ball then El Zhar (who i also like) and it would have been nice to have another Liverpool born youngster in the squad.

I hope we have at least got a built in buy back clause anyway as i could really see him becoming a fantastic player in the next year or so. Reminds me a lot of James Milner, but he's just developed so fast over the past 18months i really think theres a lot more to come from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Wouldnt care if they put kookoo clocks on the shirts once we can get 15m from them.

• Advertisement

Well Carlsberg have been taking the piss with their deals of late,so anything new is welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

carlsberg have sponsored liverpool for centuries!

mink_man wrote: »
    carlsberg have sponsored liverpool for centuries!

And paid them pennies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Accrington stanley???

Who are they???

Exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Ok, let's assume that Rafa will sign one more player, who do you think it will be?

Not who you personally want, who you think is likely.

I think it may be David Wheater. He's English, only 22, would not want to stay in the Championship, even if he is a local boy. He reminds me of a young Hyypia, very useful coming up from set pieces...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Dickerty wrote: »
    Ok, let's assume that Rafa will sign one more player, who do you think it will be?

Not who you personally want, who you think is likely.

I think it may be David Wheater. He's English, only 22, would not want to stay in the Championship, even if he is a local boy. He reminds me of a young Hyypia, very useful coming up from set pieces...

I firmly believe there will be two more.
    One attacking, one defencive.

Distin and Mata/Silva but maybe I'm just dreaming on that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I'm thinking 3 more Aquilani, ****'s gonna get vicious and malicious, cut the crap I need my red delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Looks like Hammill is all but gone to Barnsley
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_5476391,00.html

Bit pissed off with this tbh, he's developed so well over the past 2 years, i really would have liked him to become part of the senior setup. Looks more composed and confident on the ball then El Zhar (who i also like) and it would have been nice to have another Liverpool born youngster in the squad.

I hope we have at least got a built in buy back clause anyway as i could really see him becoming a fantastic player in the next year or so. Reminds me a lot of James Milner, but he's just developed so fast over the past 18months i really think theres a lot more to come from him.

He did OK in the Championship, and let's be honest, if he was that good then lower premiership teams at least would be coming in for him. Would be nice to have more local lads of course, but none of the current young crop really look good enough. Though i'd have high hopes for Irwin, Pepper and obviously Kelly (though he's not from Liverpool is he?).

I don't feel a connection with Carlsberg and i never want to. I couldn't care less what it says on our shirt if it pays for one quality player a season to be honest.

mayordenis wrote: »
    I'm thinking 3 more Aquilani, ****'s gonna get vicious and malicious, cut the crap I need my red delicious.

what?

Aquilani excited by Reds move
    Roma midfielder eagerly anticipating switch to Anfield

Roma midfielder Alberto Aquilani is eagerly anticipating completing his move to Liverpool.

The Italy international is expected to seal his switch to Anfield on Friday after a deal in the region of £20million was agreed between the two sides.

Aquilani is set to replace Xabi Alonso, who has left for Real Madrid, as manager Rafa Benitez plots his side's challenge for the Premier League title.

The 25-year-old has thoroughly enjoyed his time at Roma but is looking forward to the next chapter of his career.

"Obviously I feel very sorry to leave my city and Roma," said Aquilani.

"But should the deal be completed with Liverpool it would be fantastic to play with players like (Steven) Gerrard and (Fernando) Torres and the others.

"Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world.

"I am moving on. I want to cordially thank all the Roma fans, who were like neighbours to me and me to them. I was always a fan of Rome and still am."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5477555,00.html

Aquaman saying all the usual.

See aswell that O'Neill is trying to buy Sneijder!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I don't feel a connection with Carlsberg and i never want to. I couldn't care less what it says on our shirt if it pays for one quality player a season to be honest.

Would agree with you. Another advantage of not having a booze company on the shirt would be that it would open up middle eastern markets for shirt sales, and could make us a more attractive option, in terms of marketing over there.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Would agree with you. Another advantage of not having a booze company on the shirt would be that it would open up middle eastern markets for shirt sales, and could make us a more attractive option, in terms of marketing over there.

Not to mention the fact that it could be displayed in France and Noway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Currently to be seen on her knees... begging Alberto not to move from Rome to the North-West of England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

The [lucky] basterd.

• Advertisement

PiE wrote: »
    Currently to be seen on her knees... begging Alberto not to move from Rome to the North-West of England.
    The [lucky] basterd.

'nuff said.

Lucas considering move

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5477760,00.html

Read at your peril, as quotes are from the s*n.

I wouldn't blame him if he did want to move.

IMO he's a saint to have put up with the crap he's been subjected to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I wouldn't blame him if he did want to move.

IMO he's a saint to have put up with the crap he's been subjected to.

+1

Lucas considering move

Please don't link anything from them. Sky get all their stories from that mob.

Here's quotes from Lucus himself looking forward to the new season from the official site:)

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N165325090807-0822.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

if Lucas leaves Liverpool. We'll regret it. Big time.

Special link to get Torres at 8/1 for Top scorer, which is frankly a ridiculously good price. Only catch is you can only bet 15euro's, but still, better then nothing!
    http://www.paddypower.com/bet/novelty-betting/lfc-specials/lfc-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=85395&cid=37&AFF_ID=10002726

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Warning that bet is on the nose only.

I’d be amazed if Lucas was let leave, even if he wanted to.
    And I don’t know why he’d go back to Brazil at this stage in his career.
    I personally think he’ll have a big season and make their World Cup squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,747 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

mike65 wrote: »
    Warning that bet is on the nose only.

Whats that mean?

Boggles wrote: »
    Whats that mean?

Top scorer with his nose at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Mr Alan wrote: »
    if Lucas leaves Liverpool. We'll regret it. Big time.

Yeah, you'll all have to find someone else to argue over...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

It's just the Sun rewriting old quotes to make things look bad for Liverpool. Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Lucas considering move

This is a story from last week. I can't find the original quote, but from what I remember it was a lot longer. The sun have done a cut and paste job, completely changing its meaning. The usual ****e.

Whats that mean?

Win only, no e/w

• Advertisement

I firmly believe there will be two more.
    One attacking, one defencive.

Distin and Mata/Silva but maybe I'm just dreaming on that.

Yeh, I think you may!

The thing about another attacker is if they are to be first choice, it has to be ahead of Riera, all other positions are set. Kuyt may be considered by some to be replacable, but I cannot see Rafa taking him out of that RM spot, he is getting better and better there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yeah, you'll all have to find someone else to argue over...;)

Oh that's easy, there is always a scapegoat type player found quickly when the old scapegoat leaves. :D

Now that Voronin is back he would most likely get the role, with Kuyt getting a few knocks along the way also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Kess73 wrote: »
    Oh that's easy, there is always a scapegoat type player found quickly when the old scapegoat leaves. :D

When in doubt, blame the Jews.

Yossi it is.

When in doubt, blame the Jews.

Yossi it is.

Thats just so un-PC - I love it!

But I don't think Voronin is gonna play enough games to get the scapegoat role.

If anything, I'd say its gonna be one of the back four thats gonna have a hard time of it this season.

I vote for Degen - if he ever plays. He's a safe bet to blame on stuff, even if he doesn't play :)

I’d be amazed if Lucas was let leave, even if he wanted to.
    And I don’t know why he’d go back to Brazil at this stage in his career.
    I personally think he’ll have a big season and make their World Cup squad.

Even if not starting every game, he will make the squad. He will be one of the few with Prem experience, which should bring a bit of bite to his game. I think he may push Melo and Anderson for the spot behind Kaka.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Win only, no e/w
    Shouldn't be a problem for our nando ;)

I vote for Degen - if he ever plays. He's a safe bet to blame on stuff, even if he doesn't play :)
    Odds are, if he was on the pitch at the time, it was probably his fault anyway!

Something sort of related to us:

Crouch targets top 4 position with Spurs
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/06/peter-crouch-tottenham-sebastien-bassong

At the expense of who I wonder? Arsenal?

Still, a player I wish we hadn't sold. Thought he was super for us.

Oh, and an interesting tidbit:

God named Captain of North Queensland Fury
    Guardian

Bloody hell, the Guardian are on form today.

Check out this load of BS:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/07/transfer-rumours-liverpool
    With Barcelona poised to finally land Javier Mascherano, Anfield's supremo only wants to replace him with Nicky Butt!

The article is written about as well as my other half's €2 girly magazines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,747 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Bloody hell, the Guardian are on form today.

Check out this load of BS:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/07/transfer-rumours-liverpool

The article is written about as well as my other half's €2 girly magazines.

Jaysus Dude, tis a piss take.

Sub headline should have really gave it away.

Today's bilge is short but bitter

The Rumour Mill is a quite deliberately crazy rag bag of unlikely stories from the press. Its only there to generate a lively blog.

Jaysus Dude, tis a piss take.

Sub headline should have really gave it away.

Today's bilge is short but bitter

Should have spotted that. Thought it was a piss-take alright, as in the guys own thoughts.

Pain killers not helping the brain this morning.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

aquilanis medical has hit issues apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Helix wrote: »

You cannot be serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Helix wrote: »

Bloody hell - source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

deadhead13 wrote: »
    Bloody hell - source?

more when i have it, its a chap who knows the bloke from the echo who always gets the inside story from liverpool.
    got a text saying

"this medical has gone tits up"

I have asked whats the story.

take from it what you will, but when he gets more ill post it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement