Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [mod warning #11145, #32140 (see OP)]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

They're decent squad players, which is why they're in the squad. I don't think anybody is claiming they're world class.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

joe123 wrote: »
    My god this is exactly was annoying me since we sold Xabi. They way fans have all of a sudden just disregarded him as having not been that important. There is more to a team than just the goalscorers.

Sometimes people need to accept the clubs faults as much as their strengths.

Its looking like we wont sign any other "big" player this season. But that doesnt suddenly make Voronin a quality player, same with Ngog and Babel.

Ngog needs to toughen up (alot) and babel needs to learn when to pass and improve his touch. Voronin...needs to get better.

But seriously lads dont be calling average players quality when at the minute they are clearly not.

THANK YOU!
    Someone who speaks some sense!!!

Alonso was the puppetmaster, we'll miss him a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭purple_hatstand

THANK YOU!

I think calling the rest of the team puppets is a bit much, even for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

My god this is exactly was annoying me since we sold Xabi. They way fans have all of a sudden just disregarded him as having not been that important. There is more to a team than just the goalscorers.

Sometimes people need to accept the clubs faults as much as their strengths.

Its looking like we wont sign any other "big" player this season. But that doesnt suddenly make Voronin a quality player, same with Ngog and Babel.

Ngog needs to toughen up (alot) and babel needs to learn when to pass and improve his touch. Voronin...needs to get better.

But seriously lads dont be calling average players quality when at the minute they are clearly not.

How am I disrespecting Alonso contribution?!!
    I think Xabi was an amazing player for us, and he had amazing qualities.
    Scoring goals however wasn't one of them.

I was asked who will score the goals.
    I simply pointed out that the two players we've lost weren't goal scorers, so we still have all the scoresrs from last season.

Yes Xabi will be missed.
    But I think it's fair to say an improved Lucas, Aquilani, and Johnson (over Arby) will be able to fill the creative void.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

They're decent squad players, which is why they're in the squad. I don't think anybody is claiming they're world class.

Id nearly suggest some people were thinking they were. Im still holding out for Babel to come good, but its rare for a player with such a poor first touch to become a great great player. Ngog is afraid of his own ****e and I feel Voronin will never be good enough for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

THANK YOU!

Fink my good friend, I think you miss the whole point of this forum. You are not allowed to criticise anything Liverpool related here. This is where we all just agree its all super in relation to Liverpool.

"In Rafa we trust" remember?? :rolleyes:

By the way im a liverpool fan and not trolling. Just this forum makes me laugh sometimes. Objectivity is not the order of the day here.

Yes Xabi will be missed.
    But I think it's fair to say an improved Lucas, Aquilani, and Johnson (over Arby) will be able to fill the creative void.

Alot will be relying on Lucas this year I feel. If he does step up then hopefully Xabi wont be missed as much and who knows how Aquilani will adjust. Glen Johnson/Kuyt combo this year will be great for us I think.

I think calling the rest of the team puppets is a bit much, even for you!

I could call you somethin else that rhyms with puppet for making that daft statement LOL:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Reasonably ok is good enough for the team you love yeh, its not for me!!!!

Dunno why we got rid of crouch tbh, he's better than what we have at the moment

Am out. There is no reasoning with you on the matter.

The second part about Crouch shows that you don't have a clue as to the events surrounding him leaving the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Fink my good friend, I think you miss the whole point of this forum. You are not allowed to criticise anything Liverpool related here. This is where we all just agree its all super in relation to Liverpool.

By the way im a liverpool fan and not trolling. Just this forum makes me laugh sometimes. Objectivity is not the order of the day here.

I don't care if Fink is criticising Liverpool. It's the double standards - Liverpool have 2 class strikers, United have 2 class strikers, Chelsea have 2 class strikers. But Liverpool don't have enough class strikers. And that's just one example of the absolute tripe being posted here in the last hour.
    And the only responses you get are "Lucas . . ." or "Voronin . . ."

I think you'll find everyone but Fink did their best to be objective, give examples, backup their arguments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

If the players start this season (big if I know for them all to do it, but..) like they ended last year, scoring goals will be the least of our problems. I presume everyone remembers the dozen or more games after the Middlesbrough game when we attacked at will and lashed goals in for fun...defence could be another story because that definitely suffered from the more gung-ho approach but if nothing else it'll be entertaining.;)

Am out. There is no reasoning with you on the matter.

The second part about Crouch shows that you don't have a clue as to the events surrounding him leaving the club.

Rafa messed Crouch around, yeh he wanted more first team football but Rafa could have been more accomodating to him, maybe h emight have stayed.
    thats what i'm saying by gettin rid of Crouchy, now you're nit picking my dearest jebus!

How am I disrespecting Alonso contribution?!!
    I think Xabi was an amazing player for us, and he had amazing qualities.
    Scoring goals however wasn't one of them.

I was asked who will score the goals.
    I simply pointed out that the two players we've lost weren't goal scorers, so we still have all the scoresrs from last season.

Yes Xabi will be missed.

Karmafaerie I love your optimism its very refreshing. Xabi will be missed you are quite right.
    We have significant question marks over our midfield for the coming season. We will have to change our style and I certainly hope we adapt well. With Xabi there were many games where we had 60% possession.

This will change this season I feel where we will chase it a little bit more in the middle of the field. Lucas will bring other attributes but one of them will not be to control the tempo and dictate the play like Xabi did.
    Also having watched Aquilani alot (and yes I have, look back in the thread to see my views) he will not dictate the tempo either. He is a different type of player, more direct and not as robust. Id imagine he'll operate higher up the field leaving a huge emphasis on Masch to take the mantle of distributing the ball having received it in front of the back four.

Now this change of style will obviously have an impact on us this season. It may make us less effective or it may improve us. This is something we dont know, so its very fair to debate how things will pan out.

It could go either way this season but I do think Aquilani is a good player but we do need more. To compensate for loss of a tempo controlling midfielder we will need to be more direct. Aquilani is the man here I hope. But on top of that we need a dangerman out wide aswell as a back up striker of a higher quality than we already have. SO FAR we have not seen reinforcements here and IF we dont see any then I think its a disappointing summer in the transfer market and we'll be weakened.

In that case we're hoping our rivals have been weakened significantly more. I don't think Chelsea have. And ill be curious to see our performance against them in the middle of the field this coming season. Our ball retention will need to be top notch.

Either way its in the balance. We'll have to see how it plays out.

So overall, its VERY fair to debate that we have been weakened this season.

This is people like yours problem.
    It would be funny if it wasn't so stupid to be honest.

-You come out with a point.

-People disagree with you.

-You then give out because they disagree with you.

Are we not allowed to not share your opinion?!
    Why is it okay for you to disagree with us, but you get offended when somebody disagrees with you?!
    It's honestly comical.

I honstly can't understand how you can'tsee the duality of your mindset.

Of course you're allowed to criticise.
    But in turn of course somebody who disagrtees with you is allowed to rebut.

Example.

You: I don't like Lucas.

Me: I do.

You: Oh my God am I not allowed to have my own opinion. I can't believe that you won't accept that I'm right.
    How can you possibly not see it my way.
    What do you think you're doing posting facts and stats to back up your own opinion, when I'm so obviously right.
    Take off the red tinted glasses.
    WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME!!!!!!!

Calm down dude.
    Of course you're allowed to express a dislike of a player, manager, formation, transfer etc...
    But if somebody disagrees with you.
    Accept it.

I don't care if Fink is criticising Liverpool. It's the double standards - Liverpool have 2 class strikers, United have 2 class strikers, Chelsea have 2 class strikers. But Liverpool don't have enough class strikers. And that's just one example of the absolute tripe being posted here in the last hour.
    And the only responses you get are "Lucas . . ." or "Voronin . . ."

I think you'll find everyone but Fink did their best to be objective, give examples, backup their arguments.

I didnt see you back up your argument any differently than i did mine.

There's a pack mentality in here. I know a lot of Liverpool supporters that dont bother with this thread because of that.

And it telling people to shut up, that their opinion is rubbish and stupid and that they know nothing Karmafaerie, not the omg they dont love me.

Anyway i know you all love me already xxx

There's a pack mentality in here. I know a lot of Liverpool supporters that dont bother with this thread because of that.

How is it a pack mentality?

If you say something, and three people disagree with you.
    That's not them ganging up on you.
    That's simply them expressing their opinion.

You feel marginalised and "bullied" because more people disagree with you than agree.

Grow up.

This is people like yours problem.
    It would be funny if it wasn't so stupid to be honest.

-You come out with a point.

-People disagree with you.

-You then give out because they disagree with you.

Are we not allowed to not share your opinion?!
    Why is it okay for you to disagree with us, but you get offended when somebody disagrees with you?!
    It's honestly comical.

I honstly can't understand how you can'tsee the duality of your mindset.

Of course you're allowed to criticise.
    But in turn of course somebody who disagrtees with you is allowed to rebut.

Example.

You: I don't like Lucas.

Me: I do.

You: Oh my God am I not allowed to have my own opinion. I can't believe that you won't accept that I'm right.
    How can you possibly not see it my way.
    What do you think you're doing posting facts and stats to back up your own opinion, when I'm so obviously right.
    Take off the red tinted glasses.
    WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME!!!!!!!

Calm down dude.
    Of course you're allowed to express a dislike of a player, manager, formation, transfer etc...
    But if somebody disagrees with you.
    Accept it.

ok im staggered by that post.

you seem to have taken the line that all is well at the club. As someone once said on here "if Rafa sold Torres and replaced him with Marlon Harewood" the likes of yourself would justify the ends to his means.

As I have said there is no room for debate on here. I would say that I am as down the line as it comes on here. Rafa gets praised when he justifies it. And I will question it when he makes debatable decisions i.e like he has done in the transfer market, and also in relation to his treatment of certain players ala Alonso and Crouch. I dont want to open up another can of worms.
    Thats just my take on it. I have no problem whatsoever if you disagree.

But not once have i seen you question anything Rafa related so therefore I wouldn't say you are objective.

Rafa messed Crouch around, yeh he wanted more first team football but Rafa could have been more accomodating to him, maybe h emight have stayed.
    thats what i'm saying by gettin rid of Crouchy, now you're nit picking my dearest jebus!

accommodating how? By playing him more to the detriment of the team?
    Karmafaerie I love your optimism its very refreshing. Xabi will be missed you are quite right.
    We have significant question marks over our midfield for the coming season. We will have to change our style and I certainly hope we adapt well. With Xabi there were many games where we had 60% possession.

This will change this season I feel where we will chase it a little bit more in the middle of the field. Lucas will bring other attributes but one of them will not be to control the tempo and dictate the play like Xabi did.
    Also having watched Aquilani alot (and yes I have, look back in the thread to see my views) he will not dictate the tempo either. He is a different type of player, more direct and not as robust. Id imagine he'll operate higher up the field leaving a huge emphasis on Masch to take the mantle of distributing the ball having received it in front of the back four.

Now this change of style will obviously have an impact on us this season. It may make us less effective or it may improve us. This is something we dont know, so its very fair to debate how things will pan out.

It could go either way this season but I do think Aquilani is a good player but we do need more. To compensate for loss of a tempo controlling midfielder we will need to be more direct. Aquilani is the man here I hope. But on top of that we need a dangerman out wide aswell as a back up striker of a higher quality than we already have. SO FAR we have not seen reinforcements here and IF we dont see any then I think its a disappointing summer in the transfer market and we'll be weakened.

In that case we're hoping our rivals have been weakened significantly more. I don't think Chelsea have. And ill be curious to see our performance against them in the middle of the field this coming season. Our ball retention will need to be top notch.

Either way its in the balance. We'll have to see how it plays out.

So overall, its VERY fair to debate that we have been weakened this season.

It is indeed a fair debate. I think until proven otherwise there is no doubt our midfield is weaker than last season.
    Watching the Atletico game we did seem to be playing a different style to what we might have seen last season. Far quicker passing, both Mascherano and in particular Lucas darting forward, both full backs being quite cavalier. That is a style and approach that hopefully will work against the smaller teams at Anfield.

And it telling people to shut up, that their opinion is rubbish and stupid and that they know nothing Karmafaerie, not the omg they dont love me.

Anyway i know you all love me already xxx

here here.

I know plenty who will come back once the season starts. This summer has led to ridiculous posts on both sides of the camp. Those who criticise rafa's every decision and those who follow him like a sheep follows a shepherd.

Basically this thread doesnt have any debate whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

here here.

I know plenty who will come back once the season starts. This summer has led to ridiculous posts on both sides of the camp. Those who criticise rafa's every decision and those who follow him like a sheep follows a shepherd.

Basically this thread doesnt have any debate whatsoever

yes it does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Those who criticise rafa's every decision and those who follow him like a sheep follows a shepherd.

this should make for great debate surely.

just because people don't reach the same agreement at the end doesn't mean it hasn't been debated.

accommodating how? By playing him more to the detriment of the team?

It is indeed a fair debate. I think until proven otherwise there is no doubt our midfield is weaker than last season.
    Watching the Atletico game we did seem to be playing a different style to what we might have seen last season. Far quicker passing, both Mascherano and in particular Lucas darting forward, both full backs being quite cavalier. That is a style and approach that hopefully will work against the smaller teams at Anfield.

I noticed that myself, you are right about the smaller teams im sure it may lead to us opening them up alot easier. In games like this we have dominated posession and have had nowt to show for it.

But its the games against the bigger sides that its important to keep the ball. We could very well suffer in these games this season but obviously we'll have to see.
    In Europe aswell we will need to retain possession adequately. And if we can't then we need to make the most of our attacks. be very dangerous going forward and thats where we will need attacking reinforcements i reckon

ah time will tell

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

you seem to have taken the line that all is well at the club. As someone once said on here "if Rafa sold Torres and replaced him with Marlon Harewood" the likes of yourself would justify the ends to his means.

The likes of you, compare Xabi Alonso leaving and being replaced with Alberto Aquilani, with Torres being replaced by Harewood.

Not all of us watch football only looking for the ****, not only looking for an angle to criticise.

I love actual debate, and I do my best to objectivly look at the situation but I often come across super duper positive, because the following is apparently reason debate

"Lucas is ****"
    "N'gog is ****"
    "Babel is ****"
    "Voronin is ****"
    "Arbeloa is ****"

Last year all the negative posters on here were banging on that Arbeloa wasn't good enough, and plenty saying similar about Alonso. Now they've left we might aswell of just lost Gerrard and Torres.
    The Utter guff that gets spouted in here makes some fans get their backs up, and rightly so tbh.

Can someone post or PM me the code for the Fantasy Football league that has been set up for Liverpool supporters. I have no idea how to join using just the name.

I would actually agree there is a slight pack mentality in here at times. If someone mentions anything to do with saying the likes of Lucas arent good enough they are usually jumped upon by the same number of posters and hit with stats after stats and post after post.

Usually force fed the notion that they are wrong.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I would actually agree there is a slight pack mentality in here at times. If someone mentions anything to do with saying the likes of Lucas arent good enough they are usually jumped upon by the same number of posters and hit with stats after stats and post after post.

I'd love to talk with this with you or anyone else, really would but the debate descends intp farce in here immediately. Both sides most likely culpable.

mayordenis wrote: »

The likes of you, compare Xabi Alonso leaving and being replaced with Alberto Aquilani, with Torres being replaced by Harewood.

Not all of us watch football only looking for the ****, not only looking for an angle to criticise.

I love actual debate, and I do my best to objectivly look at the situation but I often come across super duper positive, because the following is apparently reason debate

"Lucas is ****"
    "N'gog is ****"
    "Babel is ****"
    "Voronin is ****"
    "Arbeloa is ****"

Last year all the negative posters on here were banging on that Arbeloa wasn't good enough, and plenty saying similar about Alonso. Now they've left we might aswell of just lost Gerrard and Torres.
    The Utter guff that gets spouted in here makes some fans get their backs up, and rightly so tbh.

I dont see how i am making the comparison that losing Alonso for Aquilani would be like Torres leaving for Harewood.
    Theres no need to be staggered mates.

I was merely pointing out the depths some people will go to show the manager is bullet proof.

If ya check back on my posts you will actually see that I rate Aquilani and think he will do well, albeit he is a slightly different player to Xabi.

here here.

Basically this thread doesnt have any debate whatsoever.

There may be some who follow Rafa’s every decision like a Sheep as you put it, but the vast majority simply support Rafa because they have liked what he’s doing and have made informed and reasoned decisions based on factors like the following:

1. He has had to put up with sh*t at boardroom level practically every season since he’s been here
    2. He’s loyal to us – twice turning down Madrid
    3. There is no viable alternative manager who would be better than Rafa
    4. He has improved us every season
    5. He’s made these improvements slowly but steadily, never compromising the stability of the club
    6. He’s spent 83 million pounds in 6 summers doing this. Works out at less than 14 million a summer. Which is remarkable.

Number 5 is the real key for me.

I am a big Rafa supporter, but I am willing to criticise his decisions. He’s made bad purchases. He’s made bad tactical decisions. He’s cost us points in the Premier league with these decisions.

"Lucas is ****"
    "N'gog is ****"
    "Babel is ****"
    "Voronin is ****"
    "Arbeloa is ****"

And also I would like to point out I agree with your sentiments in relation to peoples responses being Lucas/ Voronin/ N'gog is crap. I cannot stand why someone will not explain their viewpoint.

What I am trying to say is that there are extreme views on both sides and it does usually descend into farce when there is a disagreement.

• Advertisement

"Lucas is ****"
    "N'gog is ****"
    "Babel is ****"
    "Voronin is ****"
    "Arbeloa is ****"

While not wholey agreeing with the poster you quoted I do agree that its very hard around here to mention any negatives about players.

The general consensus amongst Liverpool fans (last season anyways was Lucas isnt good enough). Im just using an example by the way as Lucas is often discussed.

But on here your nearly accused of not knowing or understanding football. That your not a true fan of the club or the game etc. Some people will only see their own point of view and just wont accept that maybe just maybe someone actually thinks Lucas is ****e.

It works both ways. You may think your point of view is right but then attacking another posters post and dismissing it as "pure guff", dont you think that might get their backs up?

There may be some who follow Rafa’s every decision like a Sheep as you put it, but the vast majority simply support Rafa because they have liked what he’s doing and have made informed and reasoned decisions based on factors like the following:

1. He has had to put up with sh*t at boardroom level practically every season since he’s been here
    2. He’s loyal to us – twice turning down Madrid
    3. There is no viable alternative manager who would be better than Rafa
    4. He has improved us every season
    5. He’s made these improvements slowly but steadily, never compromising the stability of the club
    6. He’s spent 83 million pounds in 6 summers doing this. Works out at less than 14 million a summer. Which is remarkable.

Number 5 is the real key for me.

I am a big Rafa supporter, but I am willing to criticise his decisions. He’s made bad purchases. He’s made bad tactical decisions. He’s cost us points in the Premier league with these decisions.

well then I would say that you and I are on the same page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

he was behind Stevie and Nando. How would you accomodate him? Drop Gerrard or change the system?

you talk some amount of rubbish.

The problem is people don’t come in and say “lads I’ve been watching Lucas closely, understand that he’s young and still learning, but I just don’t think he’s going to make it here.” If they did, there’d be disagreements, sure. But there’d be a reasonable debate. It’s when idiots come in saying “he’s the worst Brazilian ever” that I and many others get so frustrated. Worse still when people condone his treatment at the hands of the morons masquerading as pool fans at the Fulham game last year.

Not force fed anything.

Can someone post or PM me the code for the Fantasy Football league that has been set up for Liverpool supporters. I have no idea how to join using just the name.

Someone :)

prendy wrote: »
    he was behind Stevie and Nando. How would you accomodate him? Drop Gerrard or change the system?

you talk some amount of rubbish.

well you could debate that a good man manager manages to keep all his valuable players happy, makes them feel important, part of the squad etc...
    Its a fair point the poster makes and again you have highlighted such personal attacks on here for merely giving an opinion, that may be articulated better.
    I was in Athens in 2007 and I think Milan were delighted Crouch was used so sparringly. I think Maldini was even quoted afterwards saying he was surprised (and happy) Crouch didnt figure earlier in the game or from the start.

• Advertisement

Someone :)

ill pm ya the man utd one jesus_thats_gre ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

THANK YOU!

yet we were a two man team last year apparently...

not saying you said that btw, just commenting on the general opinion that suddenly Alonso was our most important player...

The problem is people don’t come in and say “lads I’ve been watching Lucas closely, understand that he’s young and still learning, but I just don’t think he’s going to make it here.” If they did, there’d be disagreements, sure. But there’d be a reasonable debate. It’s when idiots come in saying “he’s the worst Brazilian ever” that I and many others get so frustrated. Worse still when people condone his treatment at the hands of the morons masquerading as pool fans at the Fulham game last year.

Not force fed anything.

well said, post of the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

its like groundhog day in this thread... jeez.

anyways... anybody got the details of the FF?

Headshot wrote: »
    ill pm ya the man utd one jesus_thats_gre ;)

Hook a brother up so I can school you punks ;)

• Advertisement

Not force fed anything.

I know that but there have been posts with people explaining why they think Lucas isnt good enough etc and then they are jumped upon. Same goes with people suggesting Rafas rotation or the possibility of switching formations etc with Villa coming in.

There are always the posts with just random statements like "ah lucas is ****e worst player ever" sort of thing. But ive seen people post fairly decent stuff yet there post will be dismantled.

Too many people around here wont accept other peoples views. Look back over the thread and see how many times posters will quote someone elses post and just say "Jesus you post an awful lot of ****e" or "you know nothing about football".

There are two divisions in the Liverpool thread. Those who defend everything about the club and those who criticize everything about the club. It would be a much better place if both could be able to do both now and again.

Not everythings perfect but not everythings wrong.

Then again I suppose if we had that there would be no debate.:pac:

Hook a brother up so I can school you punks ;)

on 1 condition you have to have Ryan giggs in CM ;)

Has anyone actually created a FF liverpool league yet?

Once its created usually youl have a code such as 123456-78910

Whoever creates it then pm those who want in?

Headshot wrote: »
    on 1 condition you have to have Ryan giggs in CM ;)

While players seem to, I don't think FF organisers give sympathy points ;) Otherwise, Giggs would be a heck of a buy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

thebhoy set the league up but isnt online atm so anyone that wants the code can pm me if you like and i will give it

While players seem to, I don't think FF organisers give sympathy points ;) Otherwise, Giggs would be a heck of a buy ;)

ohhhh

oh no you didnt

your lucky iv have to go or they'll be heck to pay, heck I say

:D

Do some people here actually realise what the word "debate" means?!!
    Seeing as Lucas-gate is what's been mentioned here, I'll take that.

If someone comes out with crap like "Lucas is sh1te, worst Brasilian ever", I'll treat it like the crap it is and dismiss it offhand.

If someone comes out however and posts a well thought out reason as to why they think Lucas is a bad player, I'll respond in kind.

If they give their reasons as to why Lucas is bad, yes I will try and dismantle their argument with mine.
    That's how a debate works.

You have two people with opposing viewpoints and both parties express those viewpoints.
    Trying to prove to the other that they're incorrect.

Quite often people come on here, and do post their reasons for not rating Lucas.
    Those who do rate him however, are perfectly entitled to say so, and rebut the post.
    It's not bullying, or ganging up.
    It's expressing our opinion the same way the original poster did.

However, it's often the case here, that when someone does post a negative argument, and the people who think positive post a counter argument, the first poster seems to take it personally, insists the rebut is "red tinted glasses" or "Rafa worship", and dismiss it off hand.

Posting the reasons I like Lucas, doesn't mean that I'm biased or have my head stuck up Rafa's ar$e.
    It's simply me trying to express my opinion.

If my opinion differs from yours, enjoy the debate, don't take it personal.

I'm one of the more active posters here, and with the exception of Boggles, most of the more active posters are pro Rafa.
    So I believe the incorrect conception that some take is that it's ganging up.
    No.
    It's simply us posting our opinions.

If people can't accept us doing so, then in fairness they shouldn't be doing the same themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

i think the main problem with people in this thread is that some of them just like arguing for the sake of it... I mean really this whole lucas thing is boring. I would post in here normally but for **** sake every day i come and read the posts and its the same thing:

Monday: Lucas is ****; No he's not ****. Alonso's gone we're gonna lose the league. No We're gonna win cos he's gone. Rafa out. Rafa In.
    Tuesday:Lucas is ****; No he's not ****.Alonso's gone we're gonna lose the league. No We're gonna win cos he's gone. Rafa out. Rafa In.
    Wednesday:Lucas is ****; No he's not ****.Alonso's gone we're gonna lose the league. No We're gonna win cos he's gone. Rafa out. Rafa In.
    Thursday:Lucas is ****; No he's not ****.Alonso's gone we're gonna lose the league. No We're gonna win cos he's gone. Rafa out. Rafa In.
    Friday:Lucas is ****; No he's not ****.Alonso's gone we're gonna lose the league. No We're gonna win cos he's gone. Rafa out. Rafa In.
    Saturday:Lucas is ****; No he's not ****.Alonso's gone we're gonna lose the league. No We're gonna win cos he's gone. Rafa out. Rafa In.
    Sunday:Lucas is ****; No he's not ****.Alonso's gone we're gonna lose the league. No We're gonna win cos he's gone. Rafa out. Rafa In.

I mean does it not get boring for you? I wouldnt mind but its the same people each time. Jesus give it a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I don't think anybody would say Lucas is the best Brazilian player ever either! Even his biggest supporters agree he is young and has to improve this year.

Rafa and Lucas himself have both said this.

Kuyt got a lot of criticism last year and I wondered why Rafa always picked him. Think we know why now!

It's the people who just write the likes of Kuyt or Lucas off because they aren't a Gerard or Nando that are annoying.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

lads,
    PM me if ya want in the league, not gonna post the code and NOT gonna read through all the posts here to see who wants in, so far we have: -

username - team
    thebhoy - The Damned United
    wcarey1975 - the also rans
    redzerdrog - redzers rejects
    Crash Bang Wall - the Tangerines.
    aaronh007 - Aaron's Red Barons
    Brando_ie - KanesOldMan
    SlickRic - The Aqualoving 11
    SWAR - Abu Dhabi do Pool
    Board@Work - board@worklfc

Code Sent to:-
    Pyjamarama