Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [mod warning #11145, #32140 (see OP)]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Its always the same injury for Gerrard.

Engafriendlyitis ?

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

opr wrote: »
    Engafriendlyitis ?

Opr

except he turned up for training and got injured there? not like he pulled out before hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

kida wrote: »
    except he turned up for training and got injured there? not like he pulled out before hand.

Doesn't Capello insist that players be examined by his doctor anyway? I remember a furore about it last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

here i just set up me fantasy football team so whoever has the code will they give us a pm. cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,766 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

If it is indeed a groin strain, a genuine one, back in 5 days? Doubt it!

Time for the..........

voronin_MNChan.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Its a ****ing stupid time to have a friendly anyway.

Boggles wrote: »

Time for the..........

voronin_MNChan.jpg
    Time for the SEXY CHEST.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Time for the..........

voronin_MNChan.jpg

YOSSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

flahavaj wrote: »
    Time for the SEXY CHEST.:pac:

What he said. Cue the music...

flahavaj wrote: »
    Doesn't Capello insist that players be examined by his doctor anyway? I remember a furore about it last season.

read the link - he got injured in training - not that he turned up with an injury.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Time for the..........

voronin_MNChan.jpg

God help us, was hoping we'd never have to see that day again.

read the link - he got injured in training - not that he turned up with an injury.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was merely making the point that even if he had been injured training with Liverpool, the England doctors still insist on seeing him. It means the chances of the injury being faked or "Englanditis" as someone else put it are far slimmer than they used to be under previous managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

im a bit worried tbh, vast majority of the time a groin injury needs at least a full week, more often then not closer to 2 or 3 to heal properly.

Id probably prefer Masch and Lucas in centre mid, yossi off torres, kuyt right and riera left.

On pre-season, it teaches you some things, others are obviously just a result of weakened teams, a not wholly competitive attitude and growing fitness.

But; we have learned a few things.
    -First and foremost, we CANNOT be without both skrtel and agger at the same time for any period of time, the defence just isn't up to it.

-Also, Lucas. While still obviously not being a world beater HAS changed his game. He's playing in a completely different way then he used to. Every chance he gets he turns and bursts forward. Yes its pre-season, which gives a swayed perspective on how successful this is, but we pretty much know for certain this is what he's going to be trying to do this year, whether he can do it as well in proper season or not is something we'll learn over the next few weeks and months, but for better or worse, his game has definately changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

This makes interesting reading

Some of the truth in it is uncomfortable

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8742_5484633,00.html

*edit*
    Can someone PM me the code for the Fantasy Football, will do up a team this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Can somebody PM me the FF link please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ohh what happened to The Roosters intriguing post?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

mike65 wrote: »
    Ohh what happened to The Roosters intriguing post?

I think someone was sheeting him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I knew it couldnt be true, but still couldnt help getting a bit excited. Eejit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

Pimpey wrote: »

Some valid points raised there I feel. We haven't really strengthened this summer as we have merely replaced outgoing players with new faces who we hope will be suitable replacements. We still need to sign a quality attacking player, preferably someone who is comfortable operating on the right side of midfield.

The Community shield demonstrated the strength in depth of our rivals. I feel we need at least another new face to compare favourably.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

It isn't non Liverpool supporters that are the problem most of the time

People are too touchy about criticism and differing opinions, you don't have to convert everyone to your point of view

Sometimes people will disagree with you and it is ok to leave them alone and not convince them that they are wrong, sometimes it is enough to know you are right

It doesn't matter who is at fault or who instigates it. The problem is usually between a liverpool supporter and a non liverpool supporter. If one side of the arguement is removed, then there is no arguements. SIMPLE

And its quite simple to the smartass who posted something about showing your duvets as proof of who you support. If a non supporter starts posting there, when it is explicitly not for them, then they have no other reason to post there than to troll.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I knew it couldnt be true, but still couldnt help getting a bit excited. Eejit.

What was it??

Villa and Silva and RVN and Snidger all for 15 million?

Villa and Silva and RVN and Snidger all for 15 million?
    Just the first. Deal completed. :rolleyes:

IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN! :D

Glad myself, he'd add nothing except confusion. 4-4-2? 4-3-3? Worlds greatest sub?

dardoz wrote: »
    It doesn't matter who is at fault or who instigates it. The problem is usually between a liverpool supporter and a non liverpool supporter. If one side of the arguement is removed, then there is no arguements. SIMPLE

In the last few weeks all the bickering has mainly been between Liverpool supporters so it isn't as simple as you make out

People will disagree on the rights and wrongs of what goes on at the club even though they all support it

During the season most of the arguements are caused by non Liverpool fans looking for a reaction but removing them wont make this a happy and harmonius place, besides every now and again they are right as they have a different perspective on things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

dardoz wrote: »

And its quite simple to the smartass who posted something about showing your duvets as proof of who you support. If a non supporter starts posting there, when it is explicitly not for them, then they have no other reason to post there than to troll.

but this is a forum for all fans, and the threads are accessible for all. if posters want team only chat - there are plenty of other forums on the net to cater for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

The double standards and duality in this thread are mindboggling (no intention there Boggles;))!

Let me get this straight.

If you post negatiely about Liverpool, that's just your opinion.

If you post positively about Liverpool, you're a memeber of a pack of delusional, biased, red tinted glasses wearing bullies, with their heads shoved up Rafa's ar$e.

That is basically the crux of certain posts here in the last few days.

It's okay to come on here and attack players and the manager.
    But you're a bully if you try and defend them.

Seriously.
    What the fu€k!!!

And you don't even have to be positive.
    All you have to do is say that you don't think the negative poster is correct, and all of a sudden you're worse than Hitler!

This is a forum.
    The people who are posting negative comments are looking for feedback.
    They want to discuss their opinion swith somebody.
    But they have to accept that if somebody disagrees with them, it's not personal.
    It's just that they disagree.

I don't care if you're negatie about Liverpool.
    But if you post in a public forum about your negative beliefs, expect top be questioned on them.

If you don't want to listen to people disagree with you.
    Don't post.

We're not hunting you don to argue with you.
    You are joining a conversation, then accusing everyone who disagrees with you of bullying you!

Grow up.

The double standards and duality in this thread are mindboggling (no intention there Boggles;))!

Let me get this straight.

If you post negatiely about Liverpool, that's just your opinion.

If you post positively about Liverpool, you're a memeber of a pack of delusional, biased, red tinted glasses wearing bullies, with their heads shoved up Rafa's ar$e.

That is basically the crux of certain posts here in the last few days.

It's okay to come on here and attack players and the manager.
    But you're a bully if you try and defend them.

Seriously.
    What the fu€k!!!

And you don't even have to be positive.
    All you have to do is say that you don't think the negative poster is correct, and all of a sudden you're worse than Hitler!

This is a forum.
    The people who are posting negative comments are looking for feedback.
    They want to discuss their opinion swith somebody.
    But they have to accept that if somebody disagrees with them, it's not personal.
    It's just that they disagree.

I don't care if you're negatie about Liverpool.
    But if you post in a public forum about your negative beliefs, expect top be questioned on them.

If you don't want to listen to people disagree with you.
    Don't post.

We're not hunting you don to argue with you.
    You are joining a conversation, then accusing everyone who disagrees with you of bullying you!

Grow up.
    I havent taken part in this whole debate about debate nonsense.

But I think you have totally missed the point of the complaints.

The problem is that when someone does criticise a Liverpool player they have been jumped on and called not real supporters etc. If the pro-every-player brigade had debated in exactly the way you suggest, there would never have been a complaint. Now we've loads of moaning on all sides and feck all debate!

I don't care if you're negative about Liverpool.

thats the problem with pool fans in a nutshell - this should read

"But if you post in a public forum about your beliefs, expect to be questioned on them."

Positive only drivel is every bit as bad as negative crap and should be expected to be questioned especailly if you are very "red tinted" as much on here are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Kida-the problem is not exclusive to Liverpool fans, its just more prevelant amongst them because there is bones of contention while they are not winning the league etc.

Its something that will happen when Utd hit a barren patch, and already happens when Utd lose big matches, if i had a penny for everytime i was told to **** off from the Utd thread i'd be a rich man.

*edit*
    Can someone PM me the code for the Fantasy Football, will do up a team this evening

While a good read, and it has a few valid points in there, does everyone else not see the irony?

The gist of the article is that Liverpools weakness is their settled side.
    Ahhhhhmmmmmmmmm..........hands up who remembers Rotating Rafa?
    How the weakness of our side was that it changed too much.
    Now it's the oposit.
    Yet Liverpool's strength remains their weakness. Theirs is a relatively settled line-up

Typical.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

While a good read, and it has a few valid points in there, does everyone else not see the irony?

Ahhhhhmmmmmmmmm..........hands up how remembers Rotating Rafa?
    Now it's the oposit.

Was thinking the exact same myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

The problem is that when someone does criticise a Liverpool player they have been jumped on and called not real supporters etc. If the pro-every-player brigade had debated in exactly the way you suggest, there would never have been a complaint. Now we've loads of moaning on all sides and feck all debate!

People don't get jumped on for simply criticising players. They'll get a counter-argument usually. From many people. Then they accuse them of ganging up on them, and not allowing other opinions. Which is really what they themselves are doing their best to stifle.

thats the problem with pool fans in a nutshell - this should read

"But if you post in a public forum about your beliefs, expect to be questioned on them."

Positive only drivel is every bit as bad as negative crap and should be expected to be questioned especailly if you are very "red tinted" as much on here are.

Nobody is accusing the negative supporters of bullying.

None of the positve posters are whining and complaining about people disagreeing with them.

My post was on the doublestandards, hence me highlighting the negative posters.

Of course you're gonna be questioned wether you're neutral, positive, or negative.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Now it's the oposit.

I predict a PHB post on the fallacy of Rafa and Liverpool's rotation policy.

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Kida-the problem is not exclusive to Liverpool fans, its just more prevelant amongst them because there is bones of contention while they are not winning the league etc.

Its something that will happen when Utd hit a barren patch, and already happens when Utd lose big matches, if i had a penny for everytime i was told to **** off from the Utd thread i'd be a rich man.

I agree to a certain extent - I don't think utd fans though are as bad as the pool ones though in this regard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I agree to a certain extent - I don't think utd fans though are as bad as the pool ones though in this regard

remind me who you support again? :rolleyes:

Mr Alan wrote: »
    remind me who you support again?

Its a football team not a political party.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

How about we go back to just talking about Liverpool..? If someone has a problem with a post/poster, just report it and explain the problem there

....anyway, nice to see the legend Jeff Stelling has tipped pool for the league;
    Manchester United are unquestionably weaker than last year, while Chelsea are no stronger and they are all a year older. Liverpool have got Fernando Torres, who will score a bagful if he plays for a full season (it's not exactly very original to say that is it?) and of course there's the inspirational Steven Gerrard. I was disappointed to see them get rid of Xabi Alonso, but they were so close last year and they barely need to improve at all. I just think it could be their year.

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,20144,12383_5478651_12383,00.html

Eh? Football ties are much stronger

• Advertisement

The need to defend them no matter what, however, isn't. Its like Questions and Answers in here sometimes.:pac:

Sooo back to the Lucas debate then :pac::pac:

And unlike the different political parties, there're actual real differences between the different football teams.

Now it's the oposit.

I agree but what I took from it is that whilst we have a strong first 11 our back up and squad players remain inferior to our rivals

This is the same situation we found ourselves in last year and I find that quiet depressing whilst knowing that this isn't an easy problem to rectify

The optimist in me looks at last year and sees that we came close and given that our rivals are slightly weaker or much the same should mean a good attempt this year but the pessimist in me sees this as a bit of an opportunity lost

Sooo back to the Lucas debate then :pac::pac:

Come back to me in 6 months.
    Lets see what your opinion, and mine, is then.

Simples.

/debate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Odd, I was thinking that the backup squad listed was strong enough..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

spockety wrote: »
    I predict a PHB post on the fallacy of Rafa and Liverpool's rotation policy.

Hey, at least I'm consistant in what Rafa does wrong. These press people just jump on any bandwagon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Odd, I was thinking that the backup squad listed was strong enough..

Yeh - some weaknesses on the right side and up front, but some pretty strong throughout. The Carling Cup side could be good - Spearing, Ngog, Voronin, Babel, Dossena, Cav, El Zhar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

Now it's the oposit.

i was thining the same thing reading it.
    So Rafa needs to rotate a bit more? Wait till andy gray starts saying it then it must be true!!!

And in the article they say Utd's midfield depth with scholes and giggs????

please:rolleyes:. I'd take our Midfield squad any and every day of the week.

Come back to me in 6 months.
    Lets see what your opinion, and mine, is then.

Simples.

/debate

Hope you're right but sadly i think i will be.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement