Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [mod warning #11145, #32140 (see OP)]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Okay, strap yourself in for a long one!:p
    Just something I've noticed over the summer.
    Ignoring the good/bad camps on the whole Lucas issue, has anyone else taken note of how often he's been interviewed over the last few weeks?!

I mean I can think of 5 or 6 different interviews like.

On the LFC site alone he's had all the bellow interviews in the closed season.
    It seems that Liverpool are pushing him out to the front.

I mean he was the one who gave the official response to the loss on Sunday.

MIDFIELDER: WE CAN PUT THINGS RIGHT
    James Carroll 17 August 2009

Lucas Leiva believes the fixture list has given Liverpool a perfect opportunity to banish their opening day woes.
    The Reds fell to a 2-1 defeat at White Hart Lane on Sunday - and Lucas admits there is plenty of room for improvement.

However, the Brazilian knows the league table will look more palatable in seven days' time should he and his teammates take maximum points from home clashes with Stoke and Aston Villa.

"We are very disappointed. We came here looking for a good result, but Tottenham played really well," Lucas told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"The first half wasn't good for us and they pressed us really hard. I think if we had kept better possession of the ball it could have been key for us.

"We were better in the second half - we created some chances and could have had a penalty towards the end.

"Although we are disappointed, we now have to look forward to our next two matches at home and hope to take six points.

"We have to improve, we know that. Now we have two matches at home and we know we have to be stronger, especially for our fans.

"We have to try and beat Stoke and afterwards we can think about the next game with Aston Villa. We want to take six points."

RESULTS NO WORRY FOR IN-FORM LUCAS
    Jimmy Rice

Lucas Leiva is not concerned about Liverpool’s mixed results in pre-season ahead of today’s Barclays Premier League opener against Tottenham Hotspur.
    Watch part two of our Lucas interview now>>

Defeats to Espanyol, Rapid Vienna and Atletico Madrid have been brushed off by the Brazilian midfielder, who claims gaining fitness is all that matters in the weeks leading up to a new campaign.

Lucas believes he and his teammates are in top condition ahead of a tricky visit to White Hart Lane.

"We've had two defeats lately against Espanyol and Atletico but the fans can be calm," the 22-year-old told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"Of course we want to win every game but Tottenham is different. Everyone will be focused, everyone will be fit and hopefully we can start with a victory because our rivals will not give us many chances.

"Pre-season is about getting the fitness first, then afterwards you can look at results. We couldn't win all the games and Rafa was trying to manage the squad and was giving minutes to everyone. Now, for sure, we'll be better in the first game.

"Getting a victory in the first game gives you a lot of confidence for the next few games, especially if you start away from home.

"We know how important it is."

The fixture reunites Liverpool with two former strikers in Peter Crouch and Robbie Keane.

Lucas added: "We know how difficult it is to play at White Hart Lane. They have a good squad, good players.

"Keane and Crouch can make a good partnership, so we have to be aware. Crouchie is a funny guy, and I also know Keane from the five months we had him here last season. They are two quality players and we have to try to stop them. They are really dangerous."

Another familiar face for Lucas will be countryman Heurelho Gomes, who has blossomed as Spurs No.1 after a difficult initiation into English football.

"I know Gomes. He's a friend of mine," said Lucas. "He started not so well but he's in good form. He's a good 'keeper and it will be difficult to score."

MIDFIELDER’S DOUBLE AIM FOR 2009-10
    Jimmy Rice

Lucas Leiva believes he is ready to come of age in a Liverpool jersey and secure a dream double in 2009-10.
    Watch part one of our Lucas interview now>>

The 22-year-old has been the star of pre-season according to boss Rafa Benitez, but his fine form wasn't enough to earn a place in the Brazil squad to face Estonia this week.

However, Lucas is hopeful his continued improvement will soon secure a first trophy in England AND a ticket to next summer's World Cup.

"It's one year from the World Cup and I have the target of being in the squad. I also have the target of playing more games at Liverpool. It could be a really good year for me," the No.21 told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"It's the first full pre-season I've been able to do in England so this has given me more confidence and fitness.

"When you play at a club like Liverpool you have to think about trophies because we're one of the biggest clubs in the world. I am looking forward to doing it this season.

"My first title in Europe would be great. When you are young you want to make history and I am here to try and help Liverpool Football Club create more history."

Lucas's growing confidence was boosted by a late Kop end goal against Atletico Madrid at the weekend - but the Brazilian knows he can't afford to rest on his laurels following the arrival of Italy international Alberto Aquilani.

The new boy has already shone on the European and international stage and will be desperate to impress once his rehabilitation from an ankle injury is complete.

"I've watched some games he's played, and I especially remember him against Real Madrid in the Champions League," said Lucas. "He did really well and I think he can be a really good player for us.

"He is injured now but we're waiting for him to come back. We need the whole squad because we play a lot of games."

Lucas's claim for a first-team place was bolstered by the assertion from Benitez last weekend that he was Liverpool's "best player" during pre-season.

These words came as a welcome boost to the man himself.

"It made me feel really good," he said. "But pre-season is the time for getting fitness and now the competition starts. The Premier League is an important competition for us, and yes, now I have confidence and I'm happy, but I have to keep the same level and try to improve all the time.

"It's been a really good summer. After the break I have played a lot of games and now I feel much better.

"I think this can be a big season for me. I'm in my third season. My first two were good but they were not perfect. Now I hope to play more games and have some more opportunities, but keeping in the team will depend on my performances.

"When you don't have confidence, you can't do anything. That's not just in football, it's in life. Now I feel better, I've forgotten the last seasons and I'm focused on being one of the 11 starters.

"It's a new season, a new squad. Some players have left, some have come in. As a squad we have to learn from our mistakes and I also try to do this."

LUCAS EAGER TO STEP UP
    Paul Hassall

Lucas Leiva has set his sights on playing a key role in Liverpool’s quest for Barclays Premier League glory.
    The Brazilian midfielder has enjoyed a promising pre-season with the Reds and is confident Rafael Benitez's men will head into 09-10 as strong as ever.

"I'm feeling really good and I'm training really hard," he told Liverpoolfc.tv. "I'm looking to impress and we must see what happens.

"We are sad because Xabi has gone but hopefully whoever comes in will show quality and improve the squad."

Goals from Andriy Voronin and David Ngog clinched a 2-0 win against FC Lyn on Wednesday night and Lucas believes the Reds can build on that performance in their final pre-season encounter at home to Atletico Madrid.

"It's always good to win and the performance was much better than against Espanyol," he said.

"We still need to improve but we are moving in the right direction for the start of the Barclays Premier League.

"It will be a really good test for us when we take on Atletico Madrid. It is our last game before the season starts. We know about them because we played them last year in the Champions League.

"Hopefully we will set ourselves up for the season with a win at Anfield."

LUCAS: RAFA HAS FOUND MISSING LINK
    Jimmy Rice

Lucas Leiva believes Liverpool may have found the missing link in their pursuit of the Barclays Premier League trophy with the signing of Glen Johnson.
    Johnson made his debut against St Gallen after training with his new teammates for a week - and Lucas has been impressed.

"We have not been surprised by how good he's looked in training because we already knew him as a player," he told Liverpoolfc.tv. "He has played at left-back but still showed his quality.

"Hopefully he will be an important player for us and help us win the title - that's what we want.

"His pace will be important and he is strong. He likes to go forward and we've already seen he has a good delivery. These are the things a full-back has to have.

"Full-backs are important in modern football and especially with the way Liverpool play. To have an overlapping full-back allows us to find space."

Lucas also revealed how Johnson is settling in with the squad.

"He's a good lad and his accent is not so hard to understand so we can talk a lot!" he added.

Meanwhile, the 22-year-old has spoken to countryman Fabio Aurelio about a knee injury sustained over the summer.

He said: "He is frustrated because it happened on holiday when he was trying to have a break. But he'll try to get back as quickly as possible.

"He was an important player for us last season and hopefully he can be the same next year."

LUCAS: SWITZERLAND KEY FOR TITLE PUSH
    Jimmy Rice in Switzerland

Lucas Leiva believes the work done in Switzerland could have a massive impact on Liverpool’s title push in 2009-10.
    The Brazilian midfielder is in no doubt that this is the most crucial period of pre-season.

"This training camp is the most important week in terms of fitness," he told Liverpoolfc.tv. "If we can get the fitness as soon as possible and then keep progressing, then we will see the benefits at the end of the season.

"We have been training a lot, double sessions every day, but we are going about things in the right way.

"In the friendlies were are trying to keep that high tempo and do what Rafa wants for the rest of the season."

HEAVYWEIGHT LUCAS READY FOR PL FIGHT
    Jimmy Rice

Lucas Leiva believes next season will be his best yet following a gruelling push to gain weight.
    The Brazil international accepts he was too lightweight after making the move from Gremio two years ago.

He puts his improved form in the latter stages of last season down to piling on the pounds.

Lucas thinks he is now 100 per cent ready for the physical demands of the toughest league in the world.

"I have gained some weight this season and that has helped me be more prepared to play with the demands you face in England," he told LFC Magazine.

"I have gained four kilos since I arrived and that's a lot.

"In my first season, being very honest, I had a problem with physical games.

"Last season, with the extra weight, I felt I could challenge anyone physically and go from one box to the other like I did in Brazil.

"Maybe it has taken me 18 months to get my body physically into the shape that it needed to be in to play my best in England, but I feel that it is coming now for me and I am excited about my future prospects at Liverpool."

Another reason Lucas is confident of enjoying a superb 2009-10 is the fact he will partake in a full pre-season - something the Olympics denied him last term.

"I missed a lot of the pre-season last time with Liverpool because I was away at the Olympics with Brazil," he explained.

"That meant that I started the pre-season, then I went away, and when I came back to the club it was hard to catch up. I had missed a lot of the important work that the boys all did together.

"Next season I will be here for the whole of the pre-season programme and I believe that will help me play to the very best of my ability when we start again in August.

"I will enjoy a rest in the summer, but already I am looking at coming back and being a better player next season."

Lucas suffered mixed reviews from the press during his first 18 months in England, though never lost the support of his manager.

One of the turning points came when he received plaudits for a mature display in Liverpool's 4-1 win at Old Trafford.

The 22-year-old believes the ups and downs of his Anfield career have made him stronger mentally.

"As an individual player I feel that I have become a better player this season, definitely," he added.

"Everyone has bad days at the office when they feel that maybe they haven't played to 100 per cent of what they are capable of.

"I have had those days, too. Of course I have because we all have them.

"But through that I have made progress mentally and physically.

"I think this has been the season which has taught me the most about myself. I have had bad moments over the last year with the crowd.

"That has made it important for me to focus on my football and not be distracted by anything else going on around me.

"It was hard at times, but it will all be helpful for me in the long term.

"You get better through the hard times and not through the easy or good times. It gave me a challenge and I think I was able to rise to that.

"I knew I had the quality to be playing in this team, even through the difficult moments. I had the confidence of the manager and the players and even if some supporters were not sure I knew that others were behind me.

"Mentally I'm a better player. I've had the tough times and I've coped well with it and come through the other side.

"I wasn't worried about silencing people. In football you will always have your critics but you have to just keep going and hopefully when they see that you are playing well, trying hard and always doing your best, they will come onto your side.

"From my point of view, next season will be my best for Liverpool. I feel better physically and mentally at this moment than I have felt before at Liverpool."

LUCAS REVEALS STRENGTH WORK
    Jimmy Rice and Steve Hunter

Lucas Leiva today revealed how he is putting in extra hours at Melwood in a bid to adapt to the physical nature of Premier League football.
    The 22-year-old has impressed during the title run-in with some mature displays in central midfield, a fact he puts down to hard work on the training ground.

"I feel I have improved a lot," he added. "I'm doing some special work to get physically stronger. I feel more confident with more power so hopefully next season will be my best."

Meanwhile, Lucas stressed the importance of beating Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday despite the title race being over.

The Reds need just a single point to guarantee second place.

"It was important to win against West Brom because we want to finish second," said the Brazilian. "We need one more point to make sure of that and I think it's better to finish second than come third."

LUCAS: WE’LL BE BACK STRONGER NEXT SEASON
    Steve Hunter

Lucas Leiva believes there are many positives to take from this season and claims Liverpool’s title challenge will be even stronger in 2009-10.
    The Brazilian midfielder played a key role in Sunday's 2-0 win at West Bromwich Albion, which saw the Reds tally 83 points - their highest ever total in the Barclays Premier League.

Victory at the Hawthorns was also Liverpool's 13th away win in the top flight this season, equalling a club record set 104 years ago.

Despite the obvious disappointment of missing out on the title, the Reds number 21 insists the invaluable experience of being so close to the Premier League crown will drive the team on to greater heights next term.

"We have showed that we have the quality to fight for the title and we will desperate to go one better and win it next season," said Lucas.

"We have 83 points and if we could finish the season with 86 points that would be a record for the club. Next season our challenge is to get more than 86 points and try to win the title."

Lucas admits it was hard to see Manchester United get the point they required to win the title on Saturday - so much so that he couldn't watch the title celebrations at Old Trafford.

"I watched the game but when they were about to receive the trophy I switched off my TV," said Lucas.

"Manchester United deserve the title because they have been consistent but we know we can do it next season.

"Last year in January 2008 we were out of the fight for the race for the title but this year we were right up there challenging, so that shows we are a good team.

"We have to believe in ourselves next season and we have the quality to win the title."

While many plaudits have come Liverpool's way for their performances on the road this season, form at Anfield hasn't been as convincing, with seven top-flight draws on home soil.

Lucas insists those dropped points gave Manchester United a big advantage.

"Our away form has been really good," he said. "We have scored a lot of goals and won a lot of games, but the main disappointment for us this year was drawing too many games at home.

"We knew that drawing those games could be the key and cost us at the end of the season and unfortunately we were right. We dropped too many points against teams who came to Anfield playing really narrow and deep."

Meanwhile, Dirk Kuyt downplayed an exchange between Jamie Carragher and Alvaro Arbeloa towards the end of this weekend's victory.

"It shows that the team always wants to win even though we weren't playing for anything," said the Dutchman.

"I think Jamie and Alvaro had a discussion about the situation. It was over in five seconds, and then after that everyone in the dressing room was happy because we'd won 2-0."

I really do think that he's been pushed forward this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

daithijjj wrote: »
    Really?????????

Wouldnt have nothing to do with them losing their whole midfield???

Gilberto and flamini gone, adebayor wasnt at the races for the start of the season wanting a money move to anyone who would pay. Fabregas and wallcott out for a huge chunk of the season aswell as others like van persie missing in parts???.......arsenal were very thin on staff.

How would we have faired last season with the equivalent out???

A CL spot was a triumph for wenger last season and to be quite frank, id give anything to have the likes of vela/eduardo as back up at liverpool.

I didn't say they didn't have injuries or anything of the sort, of course they did.

but the reason they got the 4th CL spot was because of Villa winning 2 of their last 17 games or something shocking like that.

Thats all i said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

The latest transfer rumour - Rafa is interested Athletic Bilbao's 24 year old central defender Fernando Amorebieta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

It has not been an ideal start by any stretch of the imagination but if they beat stoke on wednesday they are two points better off from the corresponding fixtures last year :D.Also if yesterday showed anything it is that we have a very weak squad that needs strengthening badly,spurs bench was far stronger than ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

I'm honestly not worried at all.

As we all know, anything can happen in football, so I'm not guaranteeing a win by any means, but personaly I'll be fairly surprised if we don't win.

Tottenham are a team that while promising, have still to prove that hey can handle any kind of mental preasure.
    If Liverpool go 2-0 down, I can still see them winning, if Tottenham go 2-0 down, game over.

If I had to guess, I'd say either 2-0 or 3-1.

On a side note, I hope Crouchie gets a good reception at the game.
    A good servant of LFC.

we battered the pool yday.

Pool will win nowt with the spanish version of harry bassett. Hoddle was spot on at h/t yday saying spurs had a stronger squad than pool. Chri$t the pool strength in depth is shockin! Big mistake getting rid of alonso! 2006 since they last won something. Pool fans are all deluded , pretty average team , relying on voronin to spearhead yere attack last 10 mins?.if any of the big boys get injured yere bigtine in trouble..shawcross?, turner?..how the mighty have fallen..whereas with super spurs we are on the up. wasnt surprised we won yday , WHL is a fortress at present. Dissappointed we didnt win by more

Come on you spurs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

BERBA wrote: »

Pool will win nowt with the spanish version of harry bassett. Hoddle was spot on at h/t yday saying spurs had a stronger squad than pool. Chri$t the pool strength in depth is shockin! Big mistake getting rid of alonso! 2006 since they last won something. Pool fans are all deluded , pretty average team , relying on voronin to spearhead yere attack last 10 mins?.if any of the big boys get injured yere bigtine in trouble..shawcross?, turner?..how the mighty have fallen..whereas with super spurs we are on the up. wasnt surprised we won yday , WHL is a fortress at present. Dissappointed we didnt win by more

Come on you spurs!

Spurs forum is thataway dude --->

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Anyone know if any channel is showing to stoke game wednesday night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

rob316 wrote: »
    Anyone know if any channel is showing to stoke game wednesday night?

ESPN,Sky and setanta arent showing any mid week games at all

it's crazy tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Headshot wrote: »

it's crazy tbh

****e have to watch a stream so

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »

it's crazy tbh

Feck, that's a bit mad, with the cost of their subscriptions you'd expect a game on one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Come on you spurs!
    and yous will still finish behind us and if you think otherwise i will entertain a wager

and yous will still finish behind us and if you think otherwise i will entertain a wager

I'll have a piece of that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

DeadSkin wrote: »
    School is thataway dude --->

FTFY

• Subscribers Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Feck, that's a bit mad, with the cost of their subscriptions you'd expect a game on one of them.

there are no midweek games as part of the TV deals, unless they get moved.

There are never games on TV when other games are scheduled. (Again, unless games are moved for european reasons etc)

big game against stoke interesting to see if we can avoid some of last seasons nil nils.
    an emphatic win would be nice,but ill take a scrappy one nil all the same

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote: »
    there are no midweek games as part of the TV deals, unless they get moved.

There are never games on TV when other games are scheduled. (Again, unless games are moved for european reasons etc)

Didn't know that. These days it's streams for me anywho.

will the game be on chop your head of tv?

so much hope last season after that 2nd place finish. Pool are so far away from winning the premiership this season. Selling alonso even though ye had no choice , big mistake. lucas and mash will create nowt and the new guy wont be back for 2 months.

Compare our benches yday

Dossena , voronin , ayala , spearing , benny and kelly (who?)

Pav , Crouchy , Bentley , Naughton , o hara and hutton.

No comparison!!!......

Can we play the pool every week????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

so much hope last season after that 2nd place finish. Pool are so far away from winning the premiership this season. Selling alonso even though ye had no choice , big mistake. lucas and mash will create nowt and the new guy wont be back for 2 months.

Compare our benches yday

Dossena , voronin , ayala , spearing , benny and kelly (who?)

Pav , Crouchy , Bentley , Naughton , o hara and hutton.

No comparison!!!......

Can we play the pool every week????????????

"Selling alonso even though ye had no choice, big mistake"

Jaysus, dont hold back on the irony there fella, since when does 'having no choice' equal a big mistake?

The only 'big mistake' i see here is your feeling that anyone in here will entertain this very poor wind up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

As a united supporter I am happy to say its going to be another year without the league for ye

• Advertisement

Didn't know that. These days it's streams for me anywho.

Aye, been watchin streams for 3 years.......saw 37 full league games last season, beats listening in to 5live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Come on you spurs!
    Wind up surely? Nobody could be this silly in the real world.

daithijjj wrote: »
    "Selling alonso even though ye had no choice, big mistake"

Jaysus, dont hold back on the irony there fella, since when does 'having no choice' equal a big mistake?

The only 'big mistake' i see here is your feeling that anyone in here will entertain this very poor wind up.

we know he wanted to go but wasnt he under contract?..he left bcoz the fat yanks wanted the money to pay the interest on their big loan...we just bought bassong for 8m the money ye gave us for super robbie!..happy days :D

we know he wanted to go but wasnt he under contract?..he left bcoz the fat yanks wanted the money to pay the interest on their big loan...we just bought bassong for 8m the money ye gave us for super robbie!..happy days :D
    You'll last :rolleyes:

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Wind up surely? Nobody could be this silly in the real world.

Silly is thinking pool are gonna win the league this season , something ye havent done since the premier league came about in 1991/92

Only ship not to dock in liverpool?........THE PREMIERSHIP !

Silly is thinking pool are gonna win the league this season , something ye havent done since the premier league came about in 1991/92

Only ship not to dock in liverpool?........THE PREMIERSHIP !
    Ignore button activated.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

As a united supporter I am happy to say its going to be another year without the league for ye

:rolleyes:
    Lotto numbers please!
    Mystic Meg wannabee...

And as a liverpool supporter i'm glad to say i don't give a sh!te what you think.:p

Ah now, thats was a very witty joke for a spurs fan :pac:;)

• Advertisement

Holy Christ you came all the way over here to give us that brilliant insight. Some times I ask myself why do I hate utd so much then a post like that comes in and answers my doubts cheers

Didn't you give that money back to us 6 months later? :rolleyes:

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Didn't you give that money back to us 6 months later? :rolleyes:

Sold him for 20.3M and brought him back 6 months later for 12M.

ha ha nice maths :rolleyes:

i believe most places reported it as sold to us for 18m (no future incentives would have to be paid-would have risen to just over 20 if they were) and sold back for just around 16 (incl future incentives which i assume you think will have4 to be paid cause Spurs are so good now)

ha ha nice maths :rolleyes:

i believe most places reported it as sold to us for 18m (no future incentives would have to be paid-would have risen to just over 20 if they were) and sold back for just around 16 (incl future incentives which i assume you think will have4 to be paid cause Spurs are so good now)

think your wrong on the maths of the keane deal.

were so good now? , coz we've beaten pool?..dont think so. I expected us to beat youse with lucas and babel playin!!!!....

i don't think i'm wrong on the maths-but even if i am, it must be gauling to know that your captain left with such ease when a bigger club came calling.

the likes of Palacios & Modric will follow suit when the time comes.

Would actually like us to grab Palacios if Mascherano leaves next year, could make a nice profit on the deal.

i don't think i'm wrong on the maths-but even if i am, it must be gauling to know that your captain left with such ease when a bigger club came calling.

the likes of Palacios & Modric will follow suit when the time comes.

Would actually like us to grab Palacios if Mascherano leaves next year, could make a nice profit on the deal.

ye dont have any more bobs in the kitty left to be buying any of our players!..remember yere after shawcross from stoke and turner from hull.

that must sicken all pool fans.

we'd sell ye jenas and bentley if ye like ??..surplus to requirements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

We should try Lennon too; might make a decent squad player ;)

ye dont have any more bobs in the kitty left to be buying any of our players!..remember yere after shawcross from stoke and turner from hull.

that must sicken all pool fans.

we'd sell ye jenas and bentley if ye like ??..surplus to requirements.

em-if Mascherano leaves next year it'll be for in excess of 30m & we'd be bringing in a replacement, as we did with Alonso.

get palacios with change to spare.

Must be annoying knowing that we're so skint & even with the money yous spent over the last few years, you's spent a fair chunk of last year in the relegation zone and will finish comfortably below us again this year.

• Advertisement

em-i said if Mascherano leaves next year it'll be for in excess of 30m.

get palacios with change to spare.

Palacios on a 5 year contract , he goin nowhere.

what about shawcross and turner??..thoughts?

both very good young-ish players, we need a new 4th choice CB now Hypia has left-they'd be behind Carragher-Skrtel-Agger in the pecking order so i'd be happy if we got either of them for cheap enough.

Palacios is on a 5 year deal?!?!?! ****! those football contracts are iron clad, guess he's there until at least 2014.

ps:you do understand how football contracts work, right? i didn't say we'd get him for free-obviously we'd have to pay to bring him in-lenght of contract isn't really that relevant, especially when you consider there'd be 3 & half years left next summer & he'd most probably push for the move

both very good young-ish players, we need a new 4th choice CB now Hypia has left-they'd be behind Carragher-Skrtel-Agger in the pecking order so i'd be happy if we got either of them for cheap enough.

Palacios is on a 5 year deal?!?!?! ****! those football contracts are iron clad, guess he's there until at least 2014.

ps:you do understand how football contracts work, right? i didn't say we'd get him for free-obviously we'd have to pay to bring him in-lenght of contract isn't really that relevant, especially when you consider there'd be 3 & half years left next summer & he'd most probably push for the move

4th choice? More like 1st choice lookin at carra's performance yday he's strugglin bigtime and skrtel all over the shop ...don't think Daniel Levy would sell anyone to ye unless it was for huge money like the keano deal.

4th choice? More like 1st choice lookin at carra's performance yday he's strugglin bigtime and skrtel all over the shop

ok-i seriously doubt he'd be slotting in ahead of Carragher/Agger/Skrtel-even though you think they are ****e-a lot of people seem to rate them quite highly (Liverpools defense conceded about 20 goals less than Spurs last season-wow, thats a lot....oh and your goal difference last year finished on 0...Liverpools finished on 50-and that was without Voronin back :)....oh how we all wish we could be spurs fans!)

sure we shall see how the return leg in Anfield fares-when we've got our **** together & probably won't put in our worst league performance in years.

anyway, enjoy your victory-but try not to get too carried away with yourself, one game & all that.

night night berba x
    (nice username by the way-another lad who went running once a big club came along)

sure we shall see how the return leg in Anfield fares-when we've got our **** together & probably won't put in our worst league performance in years.

anyway, enjoy your victory-but try not to get too carried away with yourself, one game & all that.

night night berba x
    (nice username by the way-another lad who went running once a big club came along)

Can we play the pool every week ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

With the money Benitez is being quoted for Shawcross and Turner i think he could do worse than Steven Taylor or Sylvain Distin.

• Advertisement

quite like Taylor myself & Distin, would be happy with any of them tbh.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Alan. Why?

lol, sorry....i was eating a chicken fillet & a slice of apple pie before bed-so i figured i'd talk to the fella, his season has peaked in the first weekend-and he is going to find the rest of the year tough, he may as well enjoy tonight.

Distin very quick , he would do a great job and wouldnt cost too much either. Defoe destroyed carra yday with his pace.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Just in from the Match V Bohs,a couple of the young lads look good.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement