Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread [mod warning #11145, #32140 (see OP)]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Great but nasty story from McAteer bout Ruddock's toilet habits!

http://channelbee.com/football/show/video/1543

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

joe123 wrote: »

That makes an awful lot of sense,he's basically saying if yossi's fit this won't happen. I'd like to see Babel up front when the need arises this season.,and see can he do the biz there.
    Rafa seems to have an awful lot of faith in him and he needs to start repaying that faith if he's to have any future at the club.
    I just wonder how far Rafa would go with him before giving up, my guess is he sees something in this lad and that's good enough for me, for this season at least.
    If he gets games in his favoured position and does well fair enough, but if not well he's here for this season at least I presume.
    I still think we'll make another signing before the window closes, and by god do we need it.
    I fear for us this year, our bench was so weak on Sunday,perhaps alot of talent sitting there, but we need some experience on the bench in situations like that and we were very thin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

mayordenis wrote: »

That's absolutely hilarious!! His legend just continues to grow.

You've been..dun nun nun nun .......THUNDERSTRUCK!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Simply classic! Perfect music aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

shayser wrote: »

Seems like it could be true... hmmm, expensive for 32, but along the thinking that its agger and skrtel the CBs for the long term.

can't wait for this match tomorrow night. it's a perfect match to banish the ghosts of last year (and last sunday), no offence to stoke, but would like to see the pool crush them tomorrow, if we can get a good victory, it would set down a good marker of our iintent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

More depressing news :(

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/222-01.html

Owners refusing to release funds.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

thebhoy wrote: »
    expensive for 32

He's 30 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Yeah a high scoring victory would be nice.:)
    Right now i'd take a 1-0 victory with a goal in injury time in off Kuyt's left arse cheek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That vid is a funny 5 seconds killed by the modern Hollywood blockbuster mentality that strecthes thin material beyond breaking point (writes Michael Dwyer)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

yayamark wrote: »
    More depressing news :(

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/222-01.html

Owners refusing to release funds.

They are a cancer in the club. Cant see Rafa sticking this sort of ****e much longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

He's 30 I think.

Only turned 30 at that... Hes 6'5 aswell. Could be a nice replacement for Sami.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

mike65 wrote: »
    Anyone posted about Sotirios Kyrgiakos? AEK Athens CB it appears we're in for him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sotirios_Kyrgiakos

http://www.kyrgiakos.gr/en/default.asp

Oh yeah Voronin back to HB and Ngog on loan to Sheffield Wednesday.

Ngog, on loan. Horse **** shirley?!?
    daithijjj wrote: »
    Would love to see babel get a few runs up front. Think hes i different man up there to be honest. Played on his own up there at chelsea last season for 20 mins and did very well, also played some time against united up front on his own at OT.

Dont think his position on the left is comfortable with him. Havent given up on him either. I think he could be a surprise package up there if voronin goes. Babel has the strength to hold the ball up which voronin does not imo.

If Babel is to be any success at Liverpool he must start up front more. He is going to rot out on the wing in my opinion.
    joe123 wrote: »
    They are a cancer in the club. Cant see Rafa sticking this sort of ****e much longer.

I know. If Rafa walks...I mean like what will happen. The team, the reserves many of whom are there mostly cos of him.

Torres got a bit of a bollacking from Rafa:
    Fernando Torres has been told to wise up by Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez after becoming distracted by petty feuds with opposing defenders.

The £21million striker was ordered to cut out the backchat after a series of niggly clashes in the 2-1 defeat at Spurs on Sunday, culminating in an angry confrontation with Tom Huddlestone.

Benitez has spelled out his concerns ahead of Wednesday's home match with Stoke.

‘I’ve told him he has to stop arguing with defenders,’ said the manager.

‘This has to stop, for his good and the team’s. He accepts that the best way of getting back at opponents is by scoring.’

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Him and Skertel will be a scary prospect for any striker.

Kryiakos_2349371.jpg

skertel_224481.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

liverpool are in trouble!!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭GymJim

Anyone else besides me remember how useless Kyrgiakos is from his Rangers days?

Very poor player and a bad sign for the future. Would prefer to throw ayala or some of the other youngsters in when stuck and have them mess up but learn instead of a guy whose uselessness is fully set and won't learn or improve after f*cking up...which I can guarantee he will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Sotiris Kyrgiakos has officially announced, via his personal website, that he is now a Liverpool player.

"Never in my life have I hidden from the consequences of my choices," a statement from the 30-year-old said.

"I said last week that I would be an AEK Athens player for the next four years and I meant what I said at the time.

"Today, however, I had to make the most important decision in my career. Going back on my word was difficult, but this is life, and life can bring about strange things."

-

Liverpool have today pulled off a surprise transfer coup, and swooped for Greek international Sotiris Kyrgiakos from AEK Athens, as manager Rafa Benitez looks to reinforce his rearguard, weakened by injury in recent days.

Kyrgiakos has spent only a year back in Greece, after a career which has seen him play in Germany for Eintracht Frankfurt and in Scotland with Rangers.

Goal.com Greece reports that the player has cost the Reds €3million, after they Merseysiders made an initial bid of €1.5million. AEK themselves began the negotiations holding out for €5million.

The move has seemingly emerged from out of the blue, surprising Greek observers who had little or no inkling that the swoop was on the cards.

Liverpool travel to Stoke City on Wednesday night with doubts surrounding the fitness of Martin Skrtel, who has a jaw injury, though he could possibly play, and Daniel Agger, still sidelined with a back injury.

Zack Wilson, Goal.com

Looks like its a deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

ziggy wrote: »

Never seen him play , everyone here so far says he crap :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I'm starting to miss Livertweet.

• Advertisement

Stargate wrote: »
    Never seen him play , everyone here so far says he crap :(

Well just give him a chance, for the money we have we have to try and find someone who won't have extortionate wages, has experience, can possibly put up with some bench time.
    At very least let him stick the jersey on (or even have it officially announced) I don't care how he played for rangers tbh if he puts in the performances nobody will give a shiz.

I'm laughing at the futility of it all.

What must the players be thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Well if past performance is that relevent, then his form in Germany after leaving Scotland should mean more as it is more recent. He was a solid defender whilst in Germany and generally played well there, and was pretty much a polar opposite to how he was meant to have been in Scotland.

Plus the Bundesliga is a far superior league to the Scottish league.

He will be nothing more than experienced cover if the transfer is real, and we can all judge him on what he does in a LFC shirt, not on what he has done in other leagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'm laughing at the futility of it all.

What must the players be thinking?
    The futility of what?:confused:

flahavaj wrote: »
    The futility of what?:confused:

The situation at Liverpool Football Club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

the futility of war!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

couple of lads into Greek football have this to say about him;
    He will hoof the ball at every given opportunity. This means that he should never play with Carragher as the middle two.

He is unable to pass to a player more than five yards away, Daniel Agger will be shaking his head from the bench.

But, and this is a big but, he will win every single ball in the air. Every single ******* one. He is as strong as an ox and there is not one player in the Premier League who will be able to bully him. He takes no prisoners.

He is the best no-nonsense defender I've seen play in Greece. This may not seem like the best reference ever, but he is totally suited to the Premier League. He is getting on a bit though so will only be good for a couple of seasons at best. You never know though.
    This guy will kick lumps out of everyone and will not lose a ball in the air. If you're expecting passing though look elsewhere. Also, is possibly the most fearless player I've seen in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

yas, a warrior!! Love it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Mr Alan wrote: »
    couple of lads into Greek football have this to say about him;
    Carragher's replacement? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

actually quite looking forward to seeing him play :)

good to have a great aerial defender as well.

Might get us a few goals then. Its been something we've been missing from our defenders. Agger aside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

No turning his arse to the ball so, exactly whats needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Bet Drogba could bully him.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Hope he can do the biz, it may be tough to convince him that he will have a place or that he will even get enough starts in a season to satisfy him bu who knows.

Well just give him a chance, for the money we have we have to try and find someone who won't have extortionate wages, has experience, can possibly put up with some bench time.
    At very least let him stick the jersey on (or even have it officially announced) I don't care how he played for rangers tbh if he puts in the performances nobody will give a shiz.

Oh so true mayordenis , he might surprise us all , fingers crossed

Mr Alan wrote: »
    actually quite looking forward to seeing him play :)

good to have a great aerial defender as well.

could of done with one at the weekend, or at least a certain balls out angry man not trying to prove his machoness by breaking a certain M Skrtel;s, sorry thats too obvious Martin S's jaw.

I'm anything but convinced but I'm not going to say the guy has no chance and that's he a ****house - he comes to liverpool he gets his chance, more power to him.
    We don't all have to live in a cloud of cynacism.

Him and Skrtel on the same team!:eek:

• Advertisement

podge018 wrote: »
    yas, a warrior!! Love it.

HaHa

He can score a goal or two allright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

He can score a goal or too allright.

Wonder is he any good at defending?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

flahavaj wrote: »
    Bet Drogba could bully him.:pac:

and if not just dive on the ground in front of him, roll around and plead to the ref for a penalty/free kick/booking :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Wonder is he any good at defending?

with liverpools current striking options seems to me he has been bought as back up to torres :D

With Andriy Voronin`s Pony Tail and now Sotiris Kyrgiakos , i say bring back Paddy Berger :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I won't believe it until I see it somewhere more substantial than goal.com tbh. Alos, better get a defender signed soon since Utd will be looking for one too when Vidic leaves since his agent is doing a masch on it and saying he dreams of playing in Spain :pac:

5starpool wrote: »
    I won't believe it until I see it somewhere more substantial than goal.com tbh. Alos, better get a defender signed soon since Utd will be looking for one too when Vidic leaves since his agent is doing a masch on it and saying he dreams of playing in Spain :pac:

Its on skysports too 5starpool
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5499314,00.html

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Stargate wrote: »

That just says that he is claiming it, and the same for any other article that I have seen as well. Tomorrow will tell I guess.

Also worth noting that he was on a reported €600,000 a year in Greece.
    Which is about £510,000 STG

Which would equate to about £10,000 a week.
    I'm sure he'll probably be on similar at Liverpool, so I'm sure this is a major reason for his signing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement